Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk
I hate that metallic taste you get when you do that.. And off course the pain
Yeah, it's almost as bad as biting down on a piece of aluminum foil
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2012, 12:15 PM
Quad Whisperer
Yes, I did that as a kid, and have never done it again

Getting a bit on-topic: Does the MQX fly better than the Walkera UFO#5?
Feb 15, 2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonamous
Looks like a plastic bowl, could you source it please.
lol...it's the medium sized slurpee lid from 7 eleven .
Feb 15, 2012, 12:26 PM
I got a reply from HH support and they suggest I send my MQX for evaluation. Unless HH has better quality motors they can replace in the model, I'm thinking what's the point of sending it in? I pretty much know what's wrong with it and the cost of shipping is going to buy me 2 new motors anyhow. I'm thinking about buying a second MQX just for parts, I like this model that much!

Horizon, if you are reading this, can we PLEASE get some better motors soon! Is that too much to ask for?

Rob
Feb 15, 2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G
I got a reply from HH support and they suggest I send my MQX for evaluation. Unless HH has better quality motors they can replace in the model, I'm thinking what's the point of sending it in? I pretty much know what's wrong with it and the cost of shipping is going to buy me 2 new motors anyhow. I'm thinking about buying a second MQX just for parts, I like this model that much!
I think it'll cost more than way than if you buy the parts from eBay.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Feb 15, 2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk
Yes, I did that as a kid, and have never done it again

Getting a bit on-topic: Does the MQX fly better than the Walkera UFO#5?
The MQX flies GREAT! It's the perfect size for indoors and can also be flown outside. For $139 I don't think it can be beat. Although I would pay more for something similar that did not have brushed motors.

Rob
Feb 15, 2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseScrew
I think it'll cost more than way than if you buy the parts from eBay.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Yeah but I can have the parts right now instead of waiting a week or two for delivery. Or I could just have a second flier for when the first one needs repairs/motors.

Rob
Feb 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Yeah but I can have the parts right now instead of waiting a week or two for delivery. Or I could just have a second flier for when the first one needs repairs/motors.

Rob
I added the parts up from an eBay seller that has pretty good prices. It comes to about $140 for just the MQX.
Feb 15, 2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseScrew
I added the parts up from an eBay seller that has pretty good prices. It comes to about $140 for just the MQX.
Which is what I can get a BNF for which also has battery and another charger.

Rob
Feb 15, 2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Which is what I can get a BNF for which also has battery and another charger.

Rob
Yup. But the thing is that there are certain parts that you will probably never have to replace. Most people make or buy a new canopy. I'm not sure if the bearings will ever blow out, etc.
Feb 15, 2012, 01:02 PM
I bought a second one for the reason that Rob mentioned, as the hobby shop didn't have spare motors at the time. On one of those less tham perfect landings where one motor got drove up into the prop and cut the wire off flush with the end of the motor.. The motors did eventually come in, so now I have two operational ones.
Feb 15, 2012, 01:41 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
So I just tried my new hyperion 550's, they seem to have a lot more power

BUT

has anyone else noticed that if you quickly punch the throttle, the esc shuts down?

or at least mine does

too high a C rating?
Feb 15, 2012, 01:47 PM
Crazy Canuck
Here's what me and my friend Jim did with our mQX's gives a new meaning to Quad driving!! Losi micro truck bodies for $9 clear body and decals with bumpers too then spray paint it yellow put lights on the corners white in front and reds in back. Love what we're coming up with for bodies sure beats $15 thing they got.
Feb 15, 2012, 01:51 PM
Crazy Canuck
Here's having fun trying to land on a stool
Feb 15, 2012, 02:00 PM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
So I just tried my new hyperion 550's, they seem to have a lot more power

BUT

has anyone else noticed that if you quickly punch the throttle, the esc shuts down?

or at least mine does

too high a C rating?
I have noticed that too after 15 charges for a 10 minute flight. Does not happen when flying with the stock battery after 17 charges on a 10 minute flight! I fly with both daily (20 minutes). I want to see what others will say.

Quick Reply