Feb 07, 2012, 04:17 AM
OK. Was wondering what happens if you set the P to high?? apparently you are suppose to get wobble, then you back it down, but I still don't have this, just lack of altitude. Motors still lift off, but it goes up a bit then down again. Al other controls seem to work. This is without sensors activated too. Put them back down a bit and it get a bit better lift off. Maybe the D settings are to high.
I think I have some more tweaking to do. Got new frame coming soon, something a bit smaller and lighter. Will see how that goes with the Crius.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2012, 04:39 AM
Yeah Baby
Heres another FPV flight from Sunday, stabilization turned off throughout the flight
be warned though, nothing happens in the video, except i score a goal towards the end, loving this board though big time
00000001 restored (7 min 54 sec)

And Enjoy
Feb 07, 2012, 08:46 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
@zombee

Nope what you gave us was
3 top left
9 top right
10 b right
11 b left

which is wrong , now you can argue what you like but you started off giving us the wrong information , fact, end of that bit.

Now

If the GUI is giving you random readouts onscreen then i suggest you first reinstall all drivers and then use Arduino 0023 to upload the Crius 1.9g which is available to download from this thread. Do not connect the motors or battery and instead run the Crius board and Receiver via the power from the FTDI, you do not need the esc's or motors to be connected nor the battery.

IF you still have random numbers , then disconnect the receiver and just run the board connected to the FTDI, that will rule out your TX and RX.

IF you are still having random numbers in the GUI then i would suggest that either your Crius board is faulty or your PC or FTDI, change to another PC or FTDI and start again.

its not actually random numbers, its just it wasnt the same as before. but anyway i would try those, it when i arm the board then put the thorttle 100% all left motors will gradually decrease from 1990-1500,

i think it would help if you guys share the PID values since mine got messed up.
im using a 500mm quad 20a esc 1000kv motors,(thought that would help)
Feb 07, 2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombee
i think it would help if you guys share the PID values since mine got messed up.
im using a 500mm quad 20a esc 1000kv motors,(thought that would help)
one way to reset the pid parameters is to load and run an older version of the firmware and reload and rerun the newer version again. the firmware will reset the parameters in the eeprom to default when it detects a version change.
Feb 07, 2012, 09:06 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
One set of PiD numbers would not neccessarily work with another quad in exactly the same way.
As noobee said using Arduino 0023 upload an earlier version of the software such as 1.7 and then upload version 1.9 this will reset all parameters to stock settings.
Feb 07, 2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
One set of PiD numbers would not neccessarily work with another quad in exactly the same way.
As noobee said using Arduino 0023 upload an earlier version of the software such as 1.7 and then upload version 1.9 this will reset all parameters to stock settings.
True, but seeing peoples PID settings gives you a better starting point as well as something different to try. As long as you have some idea on the size of their quad as well, it makes for a good reference point for testing your settings.
Feb 07, 2012, 02:23 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones
True, but seeing peoples PID settings gives you a better starting point as well as something different to try. As long as you have some idea on the size of their quad as well, it makes for a good reference point for testing your settings.
Of course , but, the best starting place is usually stock settings as its better to learn your own machine and how it works from the ground up rather than copy what someone else has done and end up even more lost because you dont know which section to adjust.
Feb 07, 2012, 07:16 PM
FPV really is fun.
Quote:
Of course , but, the best starting place is usually stock settings as its better to learn your own machine and how it works from the ground up rather than copy what someone else has done and end up even more lost because you dont know which section to adjust.
This. You don't "try" different PID's, you tune them using the default values as a starting point. It takes a while to learn, yes. It's worth it....
Feb 08, 2012, 03:01 AM
9W2DLR
goodluckbuy is killing me it almost 4 week i haven't receive my crius board yet
Feb 08, 2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator
did the shipped? if not
just contact them with your registered email.
Feb 08, 2012, 07:50 AM
9W2DLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifki_bewe
did the shipped? if not
just contact them with your registered email.
status shipped but since no tracking i dont really know where the packages now been wating for almost a month now
Feb 08, 2012, 08:24 AM

GoogLuck Buy.....good luck bucko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator
great prices!.....horrible customer support....beware:

I received my CRIUS MultiWii SE board in 3.5weeks....but it died in the first hour of operation....being a retired EE I know this sometimes happens with any electronic device....its called "infant mortality"....about a 500 parts per million occurance(unless treated to a "burn-in" at elevated temp for 24hrs)....but it happens...most reputable companies understand and will replace the device..they may want to examine it first to be sure the user did not overstress it (revesre polarity or too high a battery voltage)...no big deal, but they will at least look at it and then issue an RMA

so I email them for an RMA number....wait two weeks , no responses....email them again and warn them that I will post to forums such as this their lack of responsiveness and unwillingness to stand behind their sales...no response...

so if anyone buys from them, just beaware that you are gambling....admittedly, a fairly good gamble, but a gamble nontheless that you are throwing your money away....

at least if you buy from Ebay or Amazon, you have some kind of recourse...

CAVEAT EMPTOR
Feb 08, 2012, 08:42 AM
9W2DLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli
great prices!.....horrible customer support....beware:

I received my CRIUS MultiWii SE board in 3.5weeks....but it died in the first hour of operation....being a retired EE I know this sometimes happens with any electronic device....its called "infant mortality"....about a 500 parts per million occurance(unless treated to a "burn-in" at elevated temp for 24hrs)....but it happens...most reputable companies understand and will replace the device..they may want to examine it first to be sure the user did not overstress it (revesre polarity or too high a battery voltage)...no big deal, but they will at least look at it and then issue an RMA

so I email them for an RMA number....wait two weeks , no responses....email them again and warn them that I will post to forums such as this their lack of responsiveness and unwillingness to stand behind their sales...no response...

so if anyone buys from them, just beaware that you are gambling....admittedly, a fairly good gamble, but a gamble nontheless that you are throwing your money away....

at least if you buy from Ebay or Amazon, you have some kind of recourse...

CAVEAT EMPTOR
i aware of that hopefully my gamble paid off amazon wont ship to my country so no luck there i havent checked any crius board on ebay seller yet i guess next time better off with ebay
Feb 08, 2012, 10:57 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Sorry to hear that m8 , thats why i love paypal

Report problem......... no remedy / replacement product after 40 days.... BANG! PAYPAL dispute , no arguments no excuses straight to a dispute.
Feb 08, 2012, 02:58 PM
Where I can get MWC 1.9 with Crius code?

Thanks

Quick Reply