Jan 22, 2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying
No you don't. You only need to be in rate mode when initially setting the servo center and tail pushrod length.
thank you

for some reason i cant get the tail limit to work properly

any suggestions ?

i can tail heading hold is working and the tail is moving in the proper positions but i have to much throw my tail push rod bulges out .
how to i program the limit with the zyx programming software ?

sorry i should make my own thread
hope you don't mind the couple questions we all share the same unit .
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2012, 06:11 PM
Ok, I have shifted the download files on http://fbl.net.nz to rapidshare for the time being.They should be available again, I will find a more permanent home for them soon.
Jan 22, 2012, 06:19 PM
Do you have a link for rapid share yet?
Jan 22, 2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade
Hey Basher,

Isn't the software great! John and BF have done an amazing job!

If running a positive range in the gyro would make you feel better, you can reverse the PIT (channel 6) in your transmitter. Same effect. But no need to, as that is what all the + - settings are for. Remember the transmitter is in 90 degree mode so pit is actually pitch, not one of the cppm servos.

Terry
thanks for that,and to all the others that responded and gave me a bit more confidence in my set up. I tried reversing the pitch at the beginning of the setup but i changed it back as the software notes seemed to push you towards getting the movement sense in the right direction at the first stage. I don,t mind it being negative now i know it dosent matter
Thanks for your help
Jan 22, 2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulgaba
Do you have a link for rapid share yet?
The links are on the site fbl.net.nz, you may need to refresh the page on your browser.
Jan 22, 2012, 06:28 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc_wickedclown
thank you

for some reason i cant get the tail limit to work properly

any suggestions ?

i can tail heading hold is working and the tail is moving in the proper positions but i have to much throw my tail push rod bulges out .
how to i program the limit with the zyx programming software ?

sorry i should make my own thread
hope you don't mind the couple questions we all share the same unit .
On the setup tab "Tail Setup", start off by setting the limit A and B to say 40. You then have to hold the rudder stick full left or right and find out which limit slider has an effect on the position. Then repeat with the rudder stick full the opposite way and adjust the other slider.
Jan 22, 2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
On the setup tab "Tail Setup", start off by setting the limit A and B to say 40. You then have to hold the rudder stick full left or right and find out which limit slider has an effect on the position. Then repeat with the rudder stick full the opposite way and adjust the other slider.
thank you
Jan 22, 2012, 09:26 PM
Had a question about non-mixing CCPM mode. I have a FlySky CT6B. Do I need to select Model Type - Heli 90 to get to the non-mixing CCPM mode? Also, I am building a FBL Esky Belt CPX and the swash plate is 120 CCPM but the elevator is in the front as opposed to the back as pictured in the manual, with this be an issue, i.e. have to swap channel1 and channel2? Thanks for all your help and keep up the fine work.
Jan 22, 2012, 09:49 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by v823515
Had a question about non-mixing CCPM mode. I have a FlySky CT6B. Do I need to select Model Type - Heli 90 to get to the non-mixing CCPM mode? Also, I am building a FBL Esky Belt CPX and the swash plate is 120 CCPM but the elevator is in the front as opposed to the back as pictured in the manual, with this be an issue, i.e. have to swap channel1 and channel2? Thanks for all your help and keep up the fine work.
Yes, Heli 90 sounds like the correct setting.

The reverse swashplate in no problem. I'd start by swapping ch1 and ch2. At the end of the day it will only affect the setup options (what you have to reverse). As long as everything at the end moves and tilts in the right direction it will fly fine.
Jan 22, 2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
The Tarot app is expecting a DPI setting of 96. If you've increased the Windows font size (which changes the DPI setting) the app will not fit in the frame.
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks.

Might be worth mentioning it in the first post.
Jan 22, 2012, 11:30 PM
John...

The tarot original software would save the agility settings and mode (3d extreme or beginner or whatever) for me at all.

Is that something you fixed in your software . ?

Anyone else had that problem?
Jan 23, 2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI
I have been going thru the program on all of my Gyros and have notice three things. I have all of my gyros rc deadband set for 10 but with new install of FBL program (1.08,1.09,.1.10) they go back to 40 & 60 on the first hookup to computer but after that they will always be 10. All the other settings except in the monitoring screen will always be what they should be when first hooked up to new FBL program.
I cannot replicate this.
If I load the program and check the advanced menu the RC Deadband values
are both 0.
I then cancel the window, connect to the gyro and go back into the advanced
menu and both the RC deadband values are 10 as stored in my gyro.
I don't see 60 and 40 at all.
Let me know if you have steps that will replicate the fault.

Quote:
With every new install of FBL program the sub trims and travel adjustments on monitor screen will be off from 3 to 5 points here and there. It is not off on all of them just a few. This could be my TX (JR X9303) doing this with each new FBL program install.
This will be something to do with the gyro or TX. The values on the monitor
page are purely what the gyro sends the program.

Quote:
The other thing is on the tail comp with my ZYX. It is set for -5 to have correct movement but in the box is shows 251 but it did originally show -5 instead of 251. In the ini. file it shows -5. This is the only gyro that has a -5 setting and the only one that will do this. This is with version 1.10. On version 1.09 it showed 251 in ini. file and -5 in box on advance menu. All the other saved ini. files for other gyros show the correct information and will display the correct information when open back up.

Otherwise everything is working great.
I hadn't noticed that the compensate values could be negative. I have fixed this and added some extra bound checking for all the advanced parameters.
Jan 23, 2012, 07:34 AM
@John_NZ - was using the latest software (as i havn't used it for a little while) and noticed the following setup screen is not in it - Yet I think I remember using it as i only have the copterx version and not the tarot.. But it seems it's no longer in your software..

Was it removed or am i imagining things - lol

PS: It's a fantastic feature - any chance it can be added to your software.. i know it may be a hard ask but it's probably the single most impressive feature of the tarot version - and the idea probable came from the vbar software. I am of course referring the othe arrowed setup option on the right of the display..

anyway - if there's any way this can be added - that would be fantastic as it allows everything to be setup and tuned in one hit..

-------
Update: I just discovered it was in this version of software "CX3X_2.1_EN.exe" - was that your early version of it or someone else's ?
Last edited by jockstrap; Jan 23, 2012 at 07:42 AM.
Jan 23, 2012, 08:56 AM

Inhibit Pitch Trim

Quote:
With every new install of FBL program the sub trims and travel adjustments on monitor screen will be off from 3 to 5 points here and there. It is not off on all of them just a few. This could be my TX (JR X9303) doing this with each new FBL program install.
The default one servo heli model in the JR will have the pitch trim lever enabled by default - and you may want to inhibit it in the system setup menu of the TX.

I found my servo trim was out, and traced it to my not inhibiting the trim lever, and the lever not being all the way down.
Jan 23, 2012, 11:58 AM

Usb ttl

can I use http://shop.fyetech.com/product_info...4079e110487c5f with your software?

Constantinos

Quick Reply