Jan 16, 2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Wohlert
i will check the taste of them when ir receive the next shipment
Gianni introduced me to (his friend) Massari in Riccione. He makes business with really trendy shoes actually. Thats why this "design" that comes from the cork filling. He was joking that you can really eat them if you want. The black stuff is some sort of starch and they have a sugarysweet smell to them.... (this is a mainly american forum: so I have to say that you of course cannot eat them, and if you still want to try, dont forget to peel off the tire and remove the rim beforehand )
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2012, 06:54 AM
hmmmm... I checked the forum and have one open question:
Has someone found a paint that does NOT chip off the
helmet and back protector of the SB5 Driver figure. I mean
some paint that really clings to it? I wonder if Torrence knows
what I am looking for ...
Jan 16, 2012, 07:21 AM
hi edi,

we will be doing a lexan helmlet for the sb5. light weight and you will be able to paint it from the inside.

should be ready for summer time.

and the back protector.............will be black after some view runs anyway
Jan 16, 2012, 07:55 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter
Gianni introduced me to (his friend) Massari in Riccione. He makes business with really trendy shoes actually. Thats why this "design" that comes from the cork filling. He was joking that you can really eat them if you want. The black stuff is some sort of starch and they have a sugarysweet smell to them.... (this is a mainly american forum: so I have to say that you of course cannot eat them, and if you still want to try, dont forget to peel off the tire and remove the rim beforehand )
Dip them in chocolate and I'll take a dozen of those donuts!
Jan 16, 2012, 07:56 AM
I tried 2 different paints.
The one used for the Body (polycarbonate) is useless on the helmet, it chips off too easily.

The other one is a water based Poly-Urethane Paint, that takes a few more beats, but still comes off after a while.

So no, I did not find anything that really sticks to that plastic.
Jan 16, 2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg
I tried 2 different paints.
The one used for the Body (polycarbonate) is useless on the helmet, it chips off too easily.

The other one is a water based Poly-Urethane Paint, that takes a few more beats, but still comes off after a while.

So no, I did not find anything that really sticks to that plastic.
damn!! if you havent found something practical then what....
Jan 16, 2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave
Dip them in chocolate and I'll take a dozen of those donuts!
I wonder how much traction you can get out of chocolate. Aww who cares - deep fry them and be done with it.

To keep things on topic, I gave them a try ( on the bike - not eating them). They seem to handle nice on 200s but I had to switch the rear back to a plastic center. Even then, I still think it may be a bit heavy.

-rskip
Jan 16, 2012, 10:01 AM
ontopic off...
hmmm I have done just about everything you can (or can not) imagine with tires, just two things I didnt try:
1.chocolate
2.deep fry
you really cought me off attention there....... (*trolls into cellar with a bar of chocolate and mummys fryingpan and a bottle of olive oil in a huff*)
offtopic off..

what weight do the tires have without spokes? something around 190g is quite okay....if you are having trouble to make the bike lean into
a turn then the steering springs are too soft.
Last edited by edi.winter; Jan 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM.
Jan 16, 2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter
ontopic off...
hmmm I have done just about everything you can (or can not) imagine with tires, just two things I didnt try:
1.chocolate
2.deep fry
you really cought me off attention there....... (*trolls into cellar with a bar of chocolate and mummys fryingpan and a bottle of olive oil in a huff*)
offtopic off..

what weight do the tires have without spokes? something around 190g is quite okay....if you are having trouble to make the bike lean into
a turn then the steering springs are too soft.
I don't have the bike with me right now to weigh it. It may just need a little more tweeking to get it just right. I switched to harder spings (red to orange I believe) when using alloy centers and that helped me considerably (2second improvement on lap times and easier to drive) but it's still not quite right.

-rskip
Jan 16, 2012, 12:17 PM
SUPERBIKER

scratch bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL45
Quick question on the scratch bars for the RTR. What is a good length to start with? There are none already cut, so I'm not sure what length! Learning more everyday here reading on these boards too!
Hello,
I have here also a SB5 rtr, I have the scratch bars at 15.5cm lenght.
They are complete at the end of the fitting tube/chassis.
they still may shorter, or complete pushed in the fitting.
Jan 16, 2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks superbiker! That helps me out alot! Cheers!
Jan 16, 2012, 02:23 PM
SUPERBIKER

scratch bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL45
Thanks superbiker! That helps me out alot! Cheers!
Hello again,

........I need some correcting, I have them now at 15.5cm lengt and they are NOT complete pushed at the end of the chassis/tube fitting. I think they are some more than half way in there fitting tubes.
......for the rest, that rtr SB5 is running so perfect, I have the D/R steering TX wheel at the minimun steering.
Jan 17, 2012, 04:57 AM
Hello, for information purposes only, Massari is doing new fillings such as size and weight design material and hardness, should be available in a few weeks both Motorrad shop that hArtes Hosbby and Clark, then still there is already ready for a fill extra hard for the summer with new material slightly tinted blue ICUR suitable for the championship in Riccione, we tested in November but still too cold to draw conclusions as soon as you raise the temperature of 15-25 ° we have more accurate data.
Edy .... no more like something to eat ....... give you a sheet ahead of fills that produces Massari.

Hello everyone Marino
Jan 19, 2012, 03:53 AM
Hello,

Where can I buy a lead strip for SB5 wheel? I found only a very thin lead tape for golf club. Can I use that lead tape?
If you know the online shop, please let me know.
Last edited by young1670; Jan 19, 2012 at 04:41 AM.
Jan 19, 2012, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by young1670
Hello,

Where can I buy a lead strip for SB5 wheel? I found only a very thin lead tape for golf club. Can I use that lead tape?
If you know the online shop, please let me know.
I bought mine from http://megagolf.jetshop.se/default.a...tejp-p-72.aspx in Sweden. It's 2m of lead tape so you will have it for the rest of your life

Search for "Mitchell Lead Tape". Probably you will find some store near you.

Quick Reply