Dec 17, 2011, 10:41 PM
I've modded a 40A turnigy sentry with tp_nfet.hex (12-16-2011) and works ok. Starts smooth than original. https://github.com/sim-/tgy/downloads

hexfet's IR7832Z

From left to right: Mosi Miso SCK GND VCC RESET

Edit:

I spoke too soon. With prop, I have timing problems when starting. Motor Leopard 3542 910kv with 10x45 prop
Last edited by softimagge; Dec 18, 2011 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Update. Timing problems.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2011, 11:40 PM
Hi simonk, seen my pm?thanks
Dec 18, 2011, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398
tigar to make them all start the same you have to alter their start time in the source code and recompile to get a custom hex for each esc. Probably running on intrc osc like mine.
Thanks. I thought it was going this way. The problem is that I can't compile and I didn't find a simple tutorial. Maybe someone could make a simple tutorial on "make file"...
Dec 18, 2011, 04:39 AM
hacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by duypham11
Currently, how many steps does the firmware perform? I saw somewhere it is 250 but I donot know where and what variable define it?
The default is 1860µs-1060µs == 800 steps. It can't have any more without a CPU faster than 16Mhz, or a lower PWM frequency (eg: half PWM freq means twice the PWM steps). I think more than that probably won't buy much since it probably gets dithered out by gyro noise. The low end is pushed up by MIN_DUTY so the actual POWER_RANGE is a bit higher (863).
Dec 18, 2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk
The default is 1860µs-1060µs == 800 steps. It can't have any more without a CPU faster than 16Mhz, or a lower PWM frequency (eg: half PWM freq means twice the PWM steps). I think more than that probably won't buy much since it probably gets dithered out by gyro noise. The low end is pushed up by MIN_DUTY so the actual POWER_RANGE is a bit higher (863).
I tried Wiiesc, and it seems to be that it reduce the output power, I must increase throttle over 50% then the copter could take off.
however, that esc is good at starting and full throttle phases.
But I would love your firmware here and trying to modify it.

Thanks,
Duy
Dec 18, 2011, 04:57 AM
hacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlinger
I have flashed my tgy Plush6A with hex file uploaded from Bandi . I am driving the HK/ hextronix 2000kv 10g motors with HK 5in props.

they will startup at 3s with props
at <10v, the motors sputter and cough but never "kick in"
I think these motors have significant magnet cogging and very low mass, and so it actually takes quite a bit of power to start them nicely (I'm assuming this motor is similar to the hexTronik 24gram 1300KV motor). This is likely why stock ESCs and other trees like wii-esc start at a higher PWM than requested until running mode is reached. I don't really like this, but I don't think there is an alternative with that sort of motor.

I noticed Plush actually scales the (fixed) startup duty cycle to an inverse of the detected input voltage, which probably helps make the resulting start consistent. This is pretty easy if the battery voltage sense stuff is put in. It would probably start better for you if PWR_MIN_START was, say, doubled, but you still need to send it a higher throttle to get it there. The current MIN/MAX there actually means that it starts at MIN as the duty cycle limit, and gradually builds up to MAX if it still hasn't started. So if you send just over idle, it will still only start with MIN_DUTY. I'm a bit mixed on this because for testing and things like my RC car, I'd rather it only supply the duty cycle I request, but for multicopters, anything non-zero probably should mean the motors need to be spinning.
Dec 18, 2011, 05:15 AM
Sudden Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar
Thanks. I thought it was going this way. The problem is that I can't compile and I didn't find a simple tutorial. Maybe someone could make a simple tutorial on "make file"...
Since I'm on Windows and would hate to install that AVR Studio monster just to compile - I took one small executable file avra.exe from that avra archive and run it from command line window (like "avra -o tgy tgy.asm"), no installation needed.
Only things I needed to change to make it work was to delete some #define lines from m8def.inc, and also remove some spaces in lines like "low (27)" in tgy.asm since avra didn't like the syntax.
The reason I used old 1.2.3 was because the latest avra 1.3.0 didn't work for me but I don't remember now what was the problem.
Dec 18, 2011, 06:12 AM
My Mystery 30A with external 16hz crystal flashed fine. Runs ok with servo tester but not with optima rx and hitec tx. Bench testing with DJI WKM seems fine. waiting to test fly tomorrow
Dec 18, 2011, 08:04 AM
Which speed controller would you recommend for a 5kg Okto? Thought of waiting for the Plush 40A or is there a better product currently available?
Dec 18, 2011, 08:15 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashervn
My Mystery 30A with external 16hz crystal flashed fine. Runs ok with servo tester but not with optima rx and hitec tx. Bench testing with DJI WKM seems fine. waiting to test fly tomorrow
Congrats. For the RX/TX combo, try trimming down your throttle and/or set throttle endpoints lower. WKM sends 'stop' pulse as 960us, but your rx throttle down is probably around 1100us or so.
Dec 18, 2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinemax
You meam on 20A ? or at all

I did flashed them with tgy.hex from the first page and did the fuses as it says there, i just want to load the new tgy.hex so what should i do with the fuses ?

Thanks in advance.
I am also wondering about this. Anyone?
Dec 18, 2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar
Did you use tgy.hex to flash and they are fine other than starting different times?
Dec 18, 2011, 12:43 PM
Carbon Flyer
Gentleman

After removing my Turnigy Plushes on a great flying quad and replacing them with ESC's with SimonK's FW, I now have a very sloppy flying quad, very little stabilization control at all. Motors all start at the same time and I have good power but no strength to stabilize well.

If anyone is using ArduCopter or has this same problem I would like to hear about it. I am wondering how to correct.
Dec 18, 2011, 12:49 PM
Anyone know if the RCTIMER Protons 18's in the photo are the same as the HobbyWing 30's, with the exception of the number of FETs?

I'd like to reflash the 30's with tgy.hex if it's compatable. My understanding is that the 18's are reprogrammable with tgy.hex.

Thanks in advance!
Dec 18, 2011, 01:12 PM
manuLRK
Increase P-gain....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techcoder
Gentleman

After removing my Turnigy Plushes on a great flying quad and replacing them with ESC's with SimonK's FW, I now have a very sloppy flying quad, very little stabilization control at all. Motors all start at the same time and I have good power but no strength to stabilize well.

If anyone is using ArduCopter or has this same problem I would like to hear about it. I am wondering how to correct.

Quick Reply