Dec 01, 2011, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaq
Not sure that better CG would help, it's the lack of lift that's causing the nose to drop. (surely? he says...) with a bank of 70%+ you ain't getting anything much off of those wings...
Want to keep the nose from dropping at high bank angles? Pull back on that right stick! The steeper the bank, the more I have to pull back on the stick to keep the turn coordinated. When my nose drops, it's because I didn't give it enough elevator.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd08
Yeah a lot of their (BanaHobby) descriptions are just copy paste from other things,....
That really shows a lack of quality, caring and class on BH's part!!!! How hard can it be for someone in the hobby to take two minutes to accurately describe to folks what they will actually get. For example, for the A-10, BH declares:

NEW 2.4GHz spectrum technology, with the functions of automatic identification and precise code pairing, strong anti-jamming, and allow more than 20 aircrafts to fly at the same field at same time

then goes on to say:

Required 4 Channel Transmitter with Nano Receiver (NOT INCLUDED)

If that's any indication of how much they care, I'd hate to see how their Customer Support functions!

Gene K
Dec 01, 2011, 08:29 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged
All you have to do is ask and I'll do it. I welcome any suggestions on any item that may help the Micro EDF scene.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/39618...tor_mount.html

Oooh! Merry Christmas!
Thanks Santa NC!

Does anyone in Australia want one of these? Shipping to Australia is US$20.00 from Shapeways but if you buy in bulk it doesn't seem to go up - which makes it a lot more economical.

I want two of these. Anyone else in Australia (I'm in Melbourne) please let me know. If you are not in Melbourne, I can ship to you at your cost of course.
Last edited by Slaanesh; Dec 01, 2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Bulk Buy
Dec 01, 2011, 09:22 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Thread OP
I've asked shapeways if I can add stuff to the order I just placed.... waiting on an answer.
Dec 01, 2011, 09:26 PM
The stalling italian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaanesh
Oooh! Merry Christmas!
Thanks Santa NC!

Does anyone in Australia want one of these? Shipping to Australia is US$20.00 from Shapeways but if you buy in bulk it doesn't seem to go up - which makes it a lot more economical.

I want two of these. Anyone else in Australia (I'm in Melbourne) please let me know. If you are not in Melbourne, I can ship to you at your cost of course.
Thanks NC indeed!
I might be interested, just I was wondering which motor / impeller would be suitable for this case?
Dec 01, 2011, 10:05 PM
looking at those BH photos, man these things look so small. I want that Mig-29, but will it be too hard to see? maybe I should stick with 50mm. really like the look of the Mig-29 & A-10
Dec 01, 2011, 10:36 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by gionir
Thanks NC indeed!
I might be interested, just I was wondering which motor / impeller would be suitable for this case?
The cheapest would be the Turnigy 1220 with the new 3-blade rotors that seem to come with the new models. These should be okay on 2S though won't be as powerful as the stock motors.

Alternatively, the GWS 40mm rotor trimmed down to 35mm would probably be okay too if modified to 3-blades. The beauty with these is that the new version can use proper 1.5mm adapters so you can re-use everything.

There's also the Turnigy 1230 which is only a 4500Kv motor (out of stock) but should be able to handle the GWS 40mm rotor with it's full 6-blades at 3S.

The Hyperion Y12L motors are fantastic motors for the money - though if you use these you're paying as much as what the stock J-Power motor would cost in the first place.

There is also the Feigao 12mm inrunners - the 1230 size ones will probably be the most durable or the 1240 could be used with...

Last, you could try one of the AEO 35mm rotors.
Dec 01, 2011, 10:55 PM
The stalling italian
Thanks Anthony, this is awesome. My MiG 15 is going so good that I am flying it a lot and I am starting to wonder how long the stock motor will last..
Dec 01, 2011, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
Want to keep the nose from dropping at high bank angles? Pull back on that right stick! The steeper the bank, the more I have to pull back on the stick to keep the turn coordinated. When my nose drops, it's because I didn't give it enough elevator.
Not sure I follow, with an EDF the sharper you turn, the more speed you lose the more you drop as you come out of the turn? So if you yank harder, you're not going to help much? I'm just used to flying 3D foamies that have no respect for physics!
Dec 01, 2011, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaanesh
The Hyperion Y12L motors are fantastic motors for the money - though if you use these you're paying as much as what the stock J-Power motor would cost in the first place.
If you're not US based like me I've used this guy before. Reasonably cheap and definitely cheap shipping! Here's the hyperion y12 for US$31 delivered (5800 US$22)
Dec 02, 2011, 02:24 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
I'd say the Hyperion would be a lot better quality than the stock J power motors. When finances allow I'll be investing in 2 and I will be trying the 40mm impellers which I will sand down to fit.

I'm pretty lucky that I can consult Nitro who is micro jet royalty down these parts.
Flying my little Mig15 last weekend was a real buzz. I'm hooked. Best thing is I can fit heaps of these little jets in my car.
Dec 02, 2011, 04:22 AM
CV-15 VB-16
Mig 15 and F-86 35mm parts in stock @ HK

g
Dec 02, 2011, 05:31 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
Why are the black ones more expensive?
They add oxide to the mix and so charge you for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksqm
My, My, My!!! NC you've been a busy little beaver. Quite a collection you have there. Any additional rotor sizes in the works?

Ksqm
What other sizes do you have in mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gionir
Thanks NC indeed!
It's tough, as there's still not much to work with out there. I shudder to say it but the neu 12mm inrunners are an option as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi
Mig 15 and F-86 35mm parts in stock @ HK

g
Still waiting for some T-45 35mm parts to come out. I wonder if it will happen?
Dec 02, 2011, 08:40 AM
we can take off without that
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged

Still waiting for some T-45 35mm parts to come out. I wonder if it will happen?
Me too!
and A-10 nacelles, and Mig 29 parts.
Dec 02, 2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaq
Not sure I follow, with an EDF the sharper you turn, the more speed you lose the more you drop as you come out of the turn? So if you yank harder, you're not going to help much? I'm just used to flying 3D foamies that have no respect for physics!
When you fly straight and level, 100% of your wings lift is going straight up. When turning (banking), part of the lift your wing generates is now going sideways, instead of up. Since you now have less lift going up, you have to add in more elevator to increase your lift back to where it was when you were level. This coordinates your turn and keeps you from sideslipping (nose dropping). It's true that you lose some speed if you make a coordinated turn, because of increased drag, but if you don't pull some elevator, your speed will remain the same, or even increase - as you dive at the ground! The more you bank, the more elevator you need to dial in. As you add more up elevator while banking, you'll probably find you don't need to bank as much to make the same radius turn.

Quick Reply