Nov 07, 2011, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Gerry, that's the problem - 2.01 is NOT the latest. The shop should have been contacted BACK IN JUNE and had all their stock swapped for tested and updated stock. It sounds like there might be something else going on.

Andy
Thanks Andy.

This is their website: http://www.brentfordrc.co.uk/scripts...idproduct=2827

Maybe you could get someone to deal with this from your end?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2011, 12:42 PM
For those using an external charger for the stock NIMH battery, what charge rate are you using? I'm thinking of splicing in a receiver or JST connector to the battery since the internal charging circuitry on my DX8 is broken. I was using 1mAh with my DX7 NIMH.
Last edited by 7rider; Nov 07, 2011 at 12:55 PM.
Nov 07, 2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rider
For those using an external charger for the stock NIMH battery, what charge rate are you using? I was using 1mAh with my DX7 NIMH.
edit info:

Looks like you edited your post while I was typing..... 1/10C or 200mah is what the factory setup puts out and is a good rate for high capacity NiMH cells.

Well I'm going to ask you a question that I got asked when I posed nearly the same question about my DX8....

I was going to put it on the charger while I went through the manual and it quickly became apparent that things were different from the charge jack size to the output ratings on the walwart.

The DX8 IS NOT like other radios when it comes to charging the onboard battery. The walwart that comes with the DX8 is not a charger at all but merely a DC power supply. All the charging circuitry is inside the radio, so you cannot plug a battery charger into the charge jack on the radio. Now if you want to pull the battery out of the radio and find a corresponding plug, you could do it I suppose but the batteries have some built in circuitry for the Li-Po's but I don't think that's true for the NiMH packs.

The standard charge rate of the radio through it's charging circuitry is 200mah which corresponds to a 1/10C charge rate for the 2000mah battery. Pretty standard suggested charge rate for NiMH batteries; 1/10C
Nov 07, 2011, 02:24 PM
I really like my DX8 but I am thinking of getting rid of it and go back to a Hitec A9. I like visiting these forums for helpful info but all the threads pertaining to the DX8 has so much garbage in them that it is almost impossible to follow mainly because of 1 person.
Nov 07, 2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier
I really like my DX8 but I am thinking of getting rid of it and go back to a Hitec A9. I like visiting these forums for helpful info but all the threads pertaining to the DX8 has so much garbage in them that it is almost impossible to follow mainly because of 1 person.
+1 to that.
Nov 07, 2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__
Thanks Andy.

This is their website: http://www.brentfordrc.co.uk/scripts...idproduct=2827

Maybe you could get someone to deal with this from your end?
It would work better from your end by going through www.horizonhobby.co.uk - we don't handle UK dealerships from the US.

Andy
Nov 07, 2011, 03:24 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier
So your going to get rid of your dx8 because the forums are full of garbage?
Nov 07, 2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
It would work better from your end by going through www.horizonhobby.co.uk - we don't handle UK dealerships from the US.

Andy
Spoke to the shop today and they have version 2.02.
Nov 07, 2011, 04:20 PM
Then they have a great product. Go for it!

Andy
Nov 07, 2011, 10:32 PM
Volts>amps
Some one mentioned an amp sensor earlier as a possibility, when hooking up my altimeter I noticed one of the frames then had an amp readout on it.

it didn't work but its good to know its on the horizon
Nov 07, 2011, 10:46 PM
Can you post a pic of the screen?
Nov 08, 2011, 10:09 PM
Volts>amps
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayars
Can you post a pic of the screen?
Here you go, its screen 4. Looks like I missed the fad screen also.

If spektrum was smart they could easily figure out a watts calculation as most everyone who has telemetry will install the voltage sensor since it comes with the TM1000. This kinda goes to what I was talking about last week, you could easily do a volts/number of cells to figure out a cell voltage. I never go off the pack volts and just look to make certain that my cell volts(not individual) is above 3.8 after I am done.

Also since I am wishing for things, why the heck can't we get storage on the SD card for data logging? It would be really nice to have.
Last edited by stgdz; Nov 08, 2011 at 10:41 PM.
Nov 08, 2011, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz
Some one mentioned an amp sensor earlier as a possibility, when hooking up my altimeter I noticed one of the frames then had an amp readout on it.

it didn't work but its good to know its on the horizon
Does it say mAh or mA?

edit: Ok, I see it says Amps. I think mAh would be much more useful. Since this would tell you how much "juice" you have left in the battery.
Nov 09, 2011, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof
Does it say mAh or mA?

edit: Ok, I see it says Amps. I think mAh would be much more useful. Since this would tell you how much "juice" you have left in the battery.
Yep plus one on a mAh counter, I'd much rather see how many mAh I've used then how many amps I've maxed out, obviously both would be great!
Nov 09, 2011, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz
Also since I am wishing for things, why the heck can't we get storage on the SD card for data logging? It would be really nice to have.
Because this will be a DX10 feature and some guys at HH seem to believe that we will all go and buy a DX10 if we want this feature.
I will NEVER buy a DX10 (for differernt reasons), so if I will have to buy something new to get the features I want I have to buy something from another company. Would be a shame because I really like my DX8.

Quick Reply