Nov 05, 2011, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r
chris that should work fine, im using an old yanked out motor shaft to balance mine

and thanks Chris

seems I am having to much time in my hands gf is out of town
So which motor are you using C05 or HP03S? I'm still using the V3 & solo pro TBs. I tried the v100d03 motor alot of power need different pinion for that to work maybe to powerful for tail motor. Its like using the stock motor in the M120 compared to the TA 215.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2011, 07:28 AM
Farmer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny
So which motor are you using C05 or HP03S? I'm still using the V3 & solo pro TBs. I tried the v100d03 motor alot of power need different pinion for that to work maybe to powerful for tail motor. Its like using the stock motor in the M120 compared to the TA 215.
im flying the C05 with 9t pinion and the hp03s with 7t pinion, tried the modded stock tail blade and still no blow out so far,

if you look at the vid I did a full inverted positive pitch drop toward the ground into a full negative pitch pump before it hit the ground with no tail blow out, I tried that with the mcpx v3 blade stock blade solopro blade they all blew out hard.

because they bog the tail motor.

they have alot of static thrust but it takes to long to react to the torque produced during hard pitch pumps.

the modded stock blade is lighter with less pitch but reacts much quicker. finless bob mentioned in his review video that the stock tail blade was bogging down the tail motor because of so much surface area on the stock tail blade, thats what got me thinking on modding the tail blade, but I cut about 17+ stock tail blades before I got it right.

I havnt tried the v100d03b motor yet I might have to purchase one and try it

but all in all im happy with this mod

dave
Nov 05, 2011, 07:54 AM
Guys i need help on the C05 brushless motor have 3 wire all black, how am i going to know which wire go where?
Nov 05, 2011, 08:29 AM
Live to learn. . .
Just solder them any which way. If the motor spins backwards, switch two of the wires, that will make it spin the other way.

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly
Guys i need help on the C05 brushless motor have 3 wire all black, how am i going to know which wire go where?
Nov 05, 2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly
Just have to either use a plug solder to ESC check to see which direction motor if wrong switch any 2 wires if using plug flip over on other side.
Nov 05, 2011, 08:30 AM
Live to learn. . .
Ha!

Quote:
Just have to either use a plug solder to ESC check to see which direction motor if wrong switch any 2 wires if using plug flip over on other side.
Nov 05, 2011, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r
im flying the C05 with 9t pinion and the hp03s with 7t pinion, tried the modded stock tail blade and still no blow out so far,

if you look at the vid I did a full inverted positive pitch drop toward the ground into a full negative pitch pump before it hit the ground with no tail blow out, I tried that with the mcpx v3 blade stock blade solopro blade they all blew out hard.

because they bog the tail motor.

they have alot of static thrust but it takes to long to react to the torque produced during hard pitch pumps.

the modded stock blade is lighter with less pitch but reacts much quicker. finless bob mentioned in his review video that the stock tail blade was bogging down the tail motor because of so much surface area on the stock tail blade, thats what got me thinking on modding the tail blade, but I cut about 17+ stock tail blades before I got it right.

I havnt tried the v100d03b motor yet I might have to purchase one and try it

but all in all im happy with this mod

dave
Hay I'm just a sport flier so I don't get the tail blow out like mcpx did but will check out since I have some stock TBs laying around.
Nov 05, 2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks guys i will try it.
Nov 05, 2011, 08:45 AM
Anyone here using devo tx? I have devo 6 but it never come with the pc linking cable. Any idea how to make one?
Nov 05, 2011, 09:04 AM
you can get that cable from any computer store....it's a mini usb to standard usb.
Nov 05, 2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt
you can get that cable from any computer store....it's a mini usb to standard usb.
Ok it on the right side i just saw it and i have the cable for it thanks.
Last edited by OnceAFly; Nov 05, 2011 at 10:14 AM.
Nov 05, 2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100
Ha!
Say Rafa did you get a big heli how is it going?
Nov 05, 2011, 02:03 PM
Farmer
Thread OP
Quote:
Hay I'm just a sport flier so I don't get the tail blow out like mcpx did but will check out since I have some stock TBs laying around.
I sport fly alot to, actually I wish someone would make a scale fuslage to fit the genius cp that would be awsome kinda like the V120D02Q coastgaurd one.

btw if you try it out the mod to add a little washout to the tips of the tailblade and that they are tracking right or it will vibe like crazy

Dave
Nov 05, 2011, 02:14 PM
Farmer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty
lol....wow the thread is dead, everybody must be cutting and sanding on there tail rotors...lol
lmao

just read your other post, the trex 100 blade starts slipping on the motor shaft on me, must be the hard plastic.

it also has to much pitch so you would have to cut down the trailing edge. it has the shape of a tractor style prop rather then a pusher prop, plus its a bit heavy

best of luck

Dave
Nov 05, 2011, 02:25 PM
Farmer
Thread OP
try this with a V3 mcpx tail blade or any tail blade

walkera genius cp inverted tail blow out test (1 min 20 sec)

Dave

Quick Reply