Oct 10, 2011, 11:19 AM
Nakelp
Mike and others dudes,
building new plane with DL and my past experience tells me to ask stupid questions first before I seal everything solid.
So here I go:
pictures of my planned set up, and concern about the GPS placement right over the DL antenna coax - problem?
Plan is to finish it all by next week so I can take it on vacation (time is tight here).

So any comments, concerns, and constructive advice will be greatly appreciated :-)

I may throw a case of beer in as a token of appreciation :-)). Rob did you hear that? LOL
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants
Want to order the DL tomorrow. But I'd really like some pictures of how people hooked up there DL to a Fly Sky TH9X. Would greatly appreciate the help..
Here is how I connected DL.
Oct 10, 2011, 11:43 AM
Nakelp
Adam
thats pretty clear for ya ?
LOL
Oct 10, 2011, 11:56 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86
Adam
thats pretty clear for ya ?
LOL
Haha almost Jack. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristaps_r
Here is how I connected DL.
Sweet. What are the pinouts? That's important to know
Oct 10, 2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Haha almost Jack. LOL.

Sweet. What are the pinouts? That's important to know
Pinouts clearly seen in my photo:
From top
1-PPM
3-Voltage
4-GND
Oct 10, 2011, 12:36 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristaps_r
Pinouts clearly seen in my photo:
From top
1-PPM
3-Voltage
4-GND
Thanks. And as clearly as It may be seen you could have still switched wires around. I don't want to take that risk..
Oct 10, 2011, 12:42 PM
Mums the word.
Hey there Mike.
Oct 10, 2011, 12:54 PM
Nakelp
Quote:
Thanks. And as clearly as It may be seen you could have still switched wires around. I don't want to take that risk..
WATCH OUT!!
there is an empty pin there.
would be nice if someone posted close up for your radio.
Oct 10, 2011, 02:09 PM
< 250g FPV
Not sure if we post this in this thread or not but here is my entry for this weeks Flown with DragonLink contest.

Quadcopter Field of Dreams - Flown with DragonLink (9 min 18 sec)
Oct 10, 2011, 02:17 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Quote:
Mike and others dudes,
building new plane with DL and my past experience tells me to ask stupid questions first before I seal everything solid.
So here I go:
pictures of my planned set up, and concern about the GPS placement right over the DL antenna coax - problem?
Plan is to finish it all by next week so I can take it on vacation (time is tight here).

So any comments, concerns, and constructive advice will be greatly appreciated :-)

I may throw a case of beer in as a token of appreciation :-)). Rob did you hear that? LOL
Good question, I would like to know this as well for future builds. Sky Surfers are awesome man your going to love it.
Oct 10, 2011, 02:35 PM
Nakelp
Well, Alex said there is no problem as both are receivers
:-)
I hope they fly as well as EZ* :-)
Oct 10, 2011, 03:25 PM
Here are some more questions that might not have been addressed, recently...

Is it OK to COIL the antenna coax? If yes, is it better to coil near the Rx, mid point, end?

Nake, I have seen illustrations that show you shouldn't run your antenna parallel to the antenna feeds. Not sure if that is the right wording... but an example would be that your coax runs up the rudder, running "almost" parallel with the antenna feeds.
Oct 10, 2011, 03:36 PM
< 250g FPV
I have the antenna lead on my quadcopter coiled up right next to the Rx and the antenna 2 inches from the Rx and it's been fine so far.
Oct 10, 2011, 03:46 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Its fine to coil the antenna coax, just don't coil it tightly. I do it all the time.
Oct 10, 2011, 03:47 PM
Thou who know not
Quote:
Mike and others dudes,
So here I go:

I have tow Sky Surfers setup exactly like that,DL RX and DOSD, no issues with them.

Quick Reply