View Poll Results: Poll Closed
cloled 0 0%
closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Sep 29, 2011, 08:47 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Thread OP
Gettin ready for the Regatta this weekend....the forecast is sunny, high 71, wind N 10-15. I may need to install the periscope on the War Eagle...

Should be real good fun!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2011, 08:48 AM
just received some good news..

the repair place will have our coach 'functional' for us to take our trip to MI. it was going to take 5 weeks to get in a new window. they spoke to the glass people and have asked they make a special "temp" window out of a special plexi glass.
we bought 1 TV, and they will install that for us as well. again 'functional', until we get back. it will then be "down" for another month or two, but we will be basically done camping for the year anyway.

it is also my understanding our "lot" will be livable. they have done a TON of work on our lot, but it has been raining a lot! causing a bunch of mud.

i have not posted any pictures of the build because of two reasons. 1) i havent received any pic specific to the RC Harbor yet.

we are so relieved we can still get away with our kids one last time before the long winter. i just want to sit by the pond and sail all weekend.

peace
Sep 29, 2011, 09:22 AM
Still showing up for breakfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy2
just received some good news..

the repair place will have our coach 'functional' for us to take our trip to MI. it was going to take 5 weeks to get in a new window. they spoke to the glass people and have asked they make a special "temp" window out of a special plexi glass.
we bought 1 TV, and they will install that for us as well. again 'functional', until we get back. it will then be "down" for another month or two, but we will be basically done camping for the year anyway.

it is also my understanding our "lot" will be livable. they have done a TON of work on our lot, but it has been raining a lot! causing a bunch of mud.

i have not posted any pictures of the build because of two reasons. 1) i haven't received any pic specific to the RC Harbor yet.

we are so relieved we can still get away with our kids one last time before the long winter. i just want to sit by the pond and sail all weekend.

peace
That is good news, sorta...
Life can be PITA sometimes!
Enjoy the trip, don't sweat the small stuff.

That second picture..., I see some logs just under your Nirvana
Navigational hazards? Fallen trees?
Sep 29, 2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleyen
That second picture..., I see some logs just under your Nirvana
Navigational hazards? Fallen trees?

wow good eyes.

actually, that is a shadow of the post holding the floating dock in place.

the shorter ones are the railing to prevent kids from walking in to the pond. there are several rod holders as well.

all around the rim of the pond is mung. but for some reason this year, it did not extend out past the dock, making a nice mung free launch and retrieve. i try to stay 15 feet out from the rim to make sure i dont get tangled.
Sep 29, 2011, 10:32 AM
Suspended Account
Crash, hope you have a AWESOME turnout, wish I coulda got away, I wanted to come over...
Sep 29, 2011, 11:25 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago
Crash, hope you have a AWESOME turnout, wish I coulda got away, I wanted to come over...

Maybe next year....
Sep 29, 2011, 12:08 PM
Suspended Account
Yeah...this year would be better, tho...

make us believers some good movies, you been slackin, spielburg...

Sep 29, 2011, 09:20 PM
Got a little sailing in tonight. Spent the better part of last night making some new sails, so was looking forward to trying them out tonight. Over all, the paneled sails look good, but I could not find much, if any, increase in speed. They are definatley more difficult to set up. I spent about 3 hours, and the winds went from okay, to none and up to a consistant medium breeze. Richard and I sailed around, and as before we were pretty matched for speed. I am thinking I could have had a bit more camber in the first seam of the jib, but I need to play with setups in different wind conditions first.
Attached are some pics. One of the sails, then it got dark so there are some grainey shots.... And a last shot of my IACC-120 from last weekend, playing in the big water.

Grav
Sep 30, 2011, 06:06 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Thread OP

Holy hurricane...

...years past we couldn't pay for some wind...here's the forcast...

Details for Saturday, October 01
Mainly sunny. High 69F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Evening: Clear skies. Near record low temperatures. Low 41F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.

We are getting ready to head that way....see everyone on the mountain...

Side bar...I've found that the boats here with upgraded sails look great but I don't see a noticable improvement in performance...and as you found out...it makes for a harder setup....I love my cheap, simple, beautiful sails....and BTW the fastest ones are orange and blue....
Sep 30, 2011, 08:00 AM
Suspended Account
Sep 30, 2011, 09:06 AM
good morning everyone

Capt : Safe travels and have a great time!

the wife and i went to the repair place to see how things are progressing and found they still got a bit to do. a cleaning crew has gone through once, but we found it will need to happen again before i can call it safe for my kids. its amazing how glass can get EVERYWHERE. we have had to throw out more blankets and sheets, and will be shopping for them this weekend.

everyone has been making fun of me for making a big deal of a blanket that got stolen. well they laugh no more.. a) my kids LOVED this blanket, so it has sentimental value... and b) i just learned from Monaco, that its a $600 custom blanket . so ill be calling the police and insurance back to get that added to the list..

anyhow, no more needed to say about the coach.. now about the land.

they have done major work, and it looks awesome. our bungalow was just set this morning and i wanted to show a pic. im also being told, our first pond now has 7 12" trout having a good time. when we leave, they will go to the big pond. The second pic will be of a side view of the lot, showing the exit to the big pond. someplace there is a big rock that will be the harbor.

my plans are to find a working lighthouse and place it there

i have tons of photos, but nothing anyone would be intrested in. when we are up there, ill take tons and get some posted.

peace

ps Gravitar great first photo with the mod Nirvana showing off the lights!! very cool
Last edited by Pappy2; Sep 30, 2011 at 11:25 AM.
Sep 30, 2011, 10:47 AM
Boomer1
Looks like the lot is shaping up. I am interested in seeing more pictures of the lot - if you are up to it, shoot some more pitures and send them to me via e-mail.

What is in the little house? I really like your water feature. We have a small water one - the nice thing is that our resort has about 28 lakes many with water falls and they are maintained by the HOA. Many of the owners have much more exotic water features than ours - the bigger they are the more work they take - working is not in my plans when we are there!

The other picture is of one of the water falls near the club house and golf course on the grounds where we live in Mission Viejo. The boat is my first Nirvana.

You guys are going to luv your lot!

Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; Sep 30, 2011 at 11:04 AM.
Sep 30, 2011, 02:21 PM

Nirvana Tx Mod

The stock 2.4Ghz transmitter includes ridiculously short gimbals, so my first Nirvana modification was to the radio.

For you thumb flyers this may not be an issue, but I fly with finger tips and a neck strap, so the rudder trim was interfering with my inputs.

I tapped the hollow gimbals with M3X0.5 threads, but 4-40 or even self-tapping screws should work. Then I added silicone fuel tubing for comfort and grip:
Sep 30, 2011, 02:29 PM
Welcome ssautter

THAT is a very cool mod!

well done!
Sep 30, 2011, 06:06 PM
Suspended Account
Real radios fix that too...

Quick Reply