Sep 25, 2011, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Is anyone else having issues with short flight times?

I used to get like 4-5 min now im lucky if I get 2-3. Perhaps it's the lipos; BUT if it isn't, what else could cause this problem?

Could it be the main board?
Is your motor still running very hot Razor - problem is when a motor runs very hot it denatures the magnets and then motors just don't run as efficiently.

Regards David
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2011, 06:37 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
it gets hot yes

a higher c lipo would likely help that

or the motor could be bad.

the last flight was good on stock 25C mcpx lipo, which has been used. I imagine a brand new lipo would be better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
Is your motor still running very hot Razor - problem is when a motor runs very hot it denatures the magnets and then motors just don't run as efficiently.

Regards David
Sep 25, 2011, 06:38 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
right now i'm still on stock pitch settings

will change soon.

and i have less than 12 flights

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I'm flying for 6 minutes on the stock batteries but I have no where near the number of flights you have and most likely easier on the battery throttle and pitch settings..
Sep 25, 2011, 06:46 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado099 View Post
I was one of the first to get the Genius, so I have hundred of runs with it.
Today I think my brushed motor has gone.
I tried also with new fresh batteries, but it spins always slower and slower.
I have tried to open the bottom lid, but no success, the 4 little tabs are
too hard to lift.
I wanted to see if it's the usual walkera brushed motor with metal brushes that worn out very fast.
I could destroy the motor to open, but I have only this one and I have no spare.
I would like to know if anyone has suffered already this problem and after how
much time.....
Moreover if anyone has already opened it and what he has found.
Thank you

Dado
Wonder if Walkera are upto their old costcutting tricks and using copper prongs as brushes in these motors?

If so, try a few drops of motor cleaner/wd40 if there's any way of getting it near the commutator. It should get you another 30 uses out of it if the 5g6 motors are anything to go by.

I own a couple of Walkera 5g6 so i'm a regular with this method.
Sep 25, 2011, 07:03 PM
Anyone know weight difference between brushed and brushless versions?
Sep 25, 2011, 07:08 PM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
The bl is about .5 g lighter from what most people are saying
Sep 25, 2011, 07:14 PM
Quote:
it gets hot yes

a higher c lipo would likely help that

or the motor could be bad.

the last flight was good on stock 25C mcpx lipo, which has been used. I imagine a brand new lipo would be better
A higher C rated battery will supply more amperage which will make the motor run better but it will also shorten the motors life.

Regards David
Sep 25, 2011, 07:14 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
i tried this, turned pot all the way CW, and then increased travel adjust to 125% and it seems to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
the servo ext pot is the one closest to the main shaft.....turn it clock wise to increase servo travel and vice-versa.....
Sep 25, 2011, 07:18 PM
Has anybody figured out the Left Yaw problem, or do some of these just have very weak tail motors? Thanks
Sep 25, 2011, 07:19 PM
<Marty>
has anybody else had a issue when you flip the AUX2 switch it disables axis gyros?

on my bnf 2801 i set the gyrosense and tried flipping the aux2 switch to try different settings and it disables the 3 axis .....not sure why but am i the only one with this issue?

is it a setting in the tx i need to enable or inh?

also when the switch is flipped the light on the rx goes out ...but i still have servo control and motor control....does it in both 3 axis and 6 axis mode....
Last edited by magic_marty; Sep 25, 2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: info added
Sep 25, 2011, 07:46 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Quack View Post
Has anybody figured out the Left Yaw problem, or do some of these just have very weak tail motors? Thanks
Are you using Toms setup guide,,, with rudder Travel adjust at L=93 and R=140?
Sep 25, 2011, 07:52 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
i tried this, turned pot all the way CW, and then increased travel adjust to 125% and it seems to work
]

Only 12 flights and already it not fast enough for you?? Oh yea I forgot you're one of them dam youngster's.. I'm still putt putting around at 60% D/R..
Sep 25, 2011, 07:56 PM
<Marty>
Quote:
Are you using Toms setup guide,,, with rudder Travel adjust at L=93 and R=140?

could you please give the link to Toms set up guide?
it might help out with my Aux2 switch disabling the axis gyros...
thanks a bunch
Sep 25, 2011, 07:56 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
No i set higher throw so it can flip faster.

after flying this heli for a week or so

I find that I love the way it tracks in FFF, it is smooth, and flies like a bigger heli.

the only thing that I think the MCPX might have over the genius, is that I think, or at least mine was, that mcpx is heavier to hover and keep still - I find the genius sometimes a challenge to keep stil, even on lower rates because once you make a correction, it wants to move fast lol.

could be that i need to add in more/less expo and or tweak settings more.

just an observation.

Quote:
]

Only 12 flights and already it not fast enough for you?? Oh yea I forgot you're one of them dam youngster's.. I'm still putt putting around at 60% D/R..
Sep 25, 2011, 08:00 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
has anybody else had a issue when you flip the AUX2 switch it disables axis gyros?

on my bnf 2801 i set the gyrosense and tried flipping the aux2 switch to try different settings and it disables the 3 axis .....not sure why but am i the only one with this issue?

is it a setting in the tx i need to enable or inh?

also when the switch is flipped the light on the rx goes out ...but i still have servo control and motor control....does it in both 3 axis and 6 axis mode....
Do you have the AUX2 switch set to aux2/gyro?? it's under INPUT on the first menu..

Quick Reply