Things that do fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
Hi Magic,
My lipos meassure up at
20mm wide.
27mm long.
8mm thick.
The lipo holder is just under 22mm wide on mine.
The 400mah lipos might be a little too big.
To me it feel different in the air to the other micros.
With the 6 axis turned on and with the trims set,She is a very precise yet relaxed flight. It can still fly out of trouble when needed,But very smooth and stable.House friendly with 6 axis turned on.
With the 6 axis turned off,I find it can get away from me fast,but when I bang the sticks,it responds well.
Regards Jason
Banging the sticks you say,,,i like the sound of that im gonna fly it like a sim heli soon as she gets here i dont do this with the 450 as i know its gonna end in sadness lol,,i also dont like flying close to the ground with the 450 but fly my micro like a mad man because it doesnt explode on impact with grass,what makes it worse is that its a limited edition gold tarrot,,not that much money to buy but too shiney to break lol.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2011, 05:59 PM
fwiw, miracle mart has 'em, i've had good luck there, previous helis i've ordered arrived in about 1 week normal shipping. i like what Walkera did with the main gear on this one, wouldn't mind one with the Devo 7 but can't swing it now. great info here folks! thanks
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...genius&x=0&y=0
Sep 16, 2011, 06:02 PM
Posted 14 th

Quote:
Originally Posted by oomodel.com
We heared the parts may arrive by next week the earliest, but depending on how buys the walkera factory is with this helis
I understand what you are saying Bill and also took into consideration the comment they were off on vacation - but they did post 3 days ago - if you have time to post. you have time to post

Regards David
Sep 16, 2011, 06:05 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2
Ye it takes about 10 days to the uk from hk,,,ordered mine from ehirobo,,seems like a tidy dealer to me.
Yeah sometimes longer than 9 days around here if it gets stuck in customs Thats when the up to 21 days comes into play.
I am probably going to order one from ehirobo as well. They have always treated me good in the past.
Sep 16, 2011, 06:45 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Just to let you all know.
My genius made me leak a couple of drops of blood when my little finger hit the spinning blades.
These plastic blades are much stronger than the foam ones. So keep your fingers away please.
Regards Jason
Sep 16, 2011, 07:20 PM
Fwiw miracle mart and Terrance ship fast, on east coast there stuff gets to me 5- 7 days, consistently and as ordered. Ehirabo is almost as fast. Anything longer, to me means that they don't stock items and probably are getting inventory locally after it is ordered. I really don't like ordering from vendors that do this, may workout 9 out of 10 times, but there is always that 10 th time........and they can't fill the order!
On a brand new item that is obviously hot, I would want to know it is in hand.
I trust wow, 1st they were upfront and sold them as pre order.
2nd, I have ordered lots of time and they have been consistent.
I don't want to badmouth oomodel, I do not know how they operate, but if it's I stock, why would you not ship immediately?
When i was in the electronics business, we had a significant online presence. We were not the most efficient company either, yet when our model was to only list stocked items we never took more than 2 days, in the busiest times, to ship orders. 90% were shipped within 24 hours. We later experimented with a fulfillment business model. This killed our ship times and service, and we quickly gave it up
Selling goods you don't stock, but rather get from distributers after receiving orders, is a retailers dream. It is zero risk, ties up no capital, and allows an almost unlimited amount of items you can offer. It is however almost certainly a model that results in the lowest customer service possible.
These retailers are not buying direct from the manufacturer in bulk, but rather from whatever distributer has it, is cheapest, and closest.
This results in little ability to take care of problems when they happen, slow ship times, no consistency in inventory, and numerous other problems. If they get the product from a particular distributer that is less than scrupulous you get returns sold as new, missing parts, older inventory, ect.
Again, I do not know how they do business, but the theme of waiting several days after receiving orders regularly, them offering a large variety of merchandise across several categories, having listings up when the product itself would have to be teleported to them to be there, all look like this type of business practice....
Just me 2 cents
Sep 16, 2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaniac8
Fwiw miracle mart and Terrance ship fast, on east coast there stuff gets to me 5- 7 days, consistently and as ordered. Ehirabo is almost as fast. Anything longer, to me means that they don't stock items and probably are getting inventory locally after it is ordered. I really don't like ordering from vendors that do this, may workout 9 out of 10 times, but there is always that 10 th time........and they can't fill the order!
On a brand new item that is obviously hot, I would want to know it is in hand.
I trust wow, 1st they were upfront and sold them as pre order.
2nd, I have ordered lots of time and they have been consistent.
I don't want to badmouth oomodel, I do not know how they operate, but if it's I stock, why would you not ship immediately?
When i was in the electronics business, we had a significant online presence. We were not the most efficient company either, yet when our model was to only list stocked items we never took more than 2 days, in the busiest times, to ship orders. 90% were shipped within 24 hours. We later experimented with a fulfillment business model. This killed our ship times and service, and we quickly gave it up
Selling goods you don't stock, but rather get from distributers after receiving orders, is a retailers dream. It is zero risk, ties up no capital, and allows an almost unlimited amount of items you can offer. It is however almost certainly a model that results in the lowest customer service possible.
These retailers are not buying direct from the manufacturer in bulk, but rather from whatever distributer has it, is cheapest, and closest.
This results in little ability to take care of problems when they happen, slow ship times, no consistency in inventory, and numerous other problems. If they get the product from a particular distributer that is less than scrupulous you get returns sold as new, missing parts, older inventory, ect.
Again, I do not know how they do business, but the theme of waiting several days after receiving orders regularly, them offering a large variety of merchandise across several categories, having listings up when the product itself would have to be teleported to them to be there, all look like this type of business practice....
Just me 2 cents
Yes my thought entirely and also they are taking money under false pretenses if they charge you express delivery and then take a week to get the product in and ship it.

Regards David
Sep 16, 2011, 08:01 PM
Ya, that's pretty much all I need to put them on the no go list. If I'm wrong, I would like them to explain why it would appear like this. Fact of the mater is if you consistently have a certain amount of orders, than you have to have the people to ship. If not you would hire an extra person, so I don't buy the "we have so many orders excuse either"
There are so many good vendors there is no reason to do go elsewhere.
I don't believe that they have stuff ehirabo and miracle mart don't yet.
If others here have had flawless transactions with them I would like to hear about it, maybe I'm wrong
Seems though even the successful transactions were slow
I am almost always amazed at how fast I get stuff from the tried and true vendors
Sep 16, 2011, 08:01 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıbǝɹ
Indestructible, my a$&!

I'm feeling pretty miserable right now, so I'll keep this relatively brief and post something a little more detailed over the weekend when I'm feeling better.

A coworker brought my Genius to me from the office about an hour ago. I charged up both batteries, created a new profile on my 2801 (default settings), made sure the Genius was set to 6-axis mode, and bound the heli to the transmitter with no issues. I then spun her up, launched her off the coffee table, panic'd as she made a bee-line for my plasma television, overcompensated on both the cyclic and the throttle and sent the heli to the ceiling. I then did what I thought was the most logical next move; I cut the throttle. Or so I thought...

You guys can go ahead and laugh now.

For some reason, I had it in my head that 6-axis mode was going to make the Genius behave like a 4-channel helicopter. That's far from the case! The pitch of the main rotor blades is still fully controllable in 6-axis mode, so with my default 2801 settings, when I thought I was cutting the throttle, I was actually reversing the pitch of the blades! Gaaah! I've never seen something drop so quickly! I drove the poor little heli straight into the ground with full downward thrust. Despite the plush carpet, it was more than the landing gear could take; the front left strut is completely gone, snapped off at both the skid AND the point where it joins the main frame.

I spent the remainder of the 1st battery adjusting my pitch curve for standard flight. This weekend's project will be to scour the forums for info on tweaking throttle and pitch curves for beginner cp pilots, but I have something that will at least allow me to fly for now. On the second battery, and with my tweaked pitch curve, I flew the Genius leisurely around the living room uneventfully. After a 6 minute flight, the battery was down to 3.70 - pretty good for such a tiny battery!

Difficulty-wise (keep in mind that I've only been flying for about a month), I'd put it somewhere between my v100D01 and my V120D01. It's very responsive, even in the less sensitive 6-axis mode. The tail holds perfectly with throttle pumps, tho it seems a little sluggish for turning.

That's all I have for now. I need to quit futzing with helicopter stuff and go crash on the couch. Time for some Nyquil.
Sep 16, 2011, 08:06 PM
Well for a cp to fall squarly in the same difficulty level as fp birds then that's real good.
The one thing I am not wild about is the lg and frame being one unit, hope they sell the frame cheap!!!!
Sep 16, 2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn
Indestructible, my a$&!

I'm feeling pretty miserable right now, so I'll keep this relatively brief and post something a little more detailed over the weekend when I'm feeling better.

A coworker brought my Genius to me from the office about an hour ago. I charged up both batteries, created a new profile on my 2801 (default settings), made sure the Genius was set to 6-axis mode, and bound the heli to the transmitter with no issues. I then spun her up, launched her off the coffee table, panic'd as she made a bee-line for my plasma television, overcompensated on both the cyclic and the throttle and sent the heli to the ceiling. I then did what I thought was the most logical next move; I cut the throttle. Or so I thought...

You guys can go ahead and laugh now.

For some reason, I had it in my head that 6-axis mode was going to make the Genius behave like a 4-channel helicopter. That's far from the case! The pitch of the main rotor blades is still fully controllable in 6-axis mode, so with my default 2801 settings, when I thought I was cutting the throttle, I was actually reversing the pitch of the blades! Gaaah! I've never seen something drop so quickly! I drove the poor little heli straight into the ground with full downward thrust. Despite the plush carpet, it was more than the landing gear could take; the front left strut is completely gone, snapped off at both the skid AND the point where it joins the main frame.

I spent the remainder of the 1st battery adjusting my pitch curve for standard flight. This weekend's project will be to scour the forums for info on tweaking throttle and pitch curves for beginner cp pilots, but I have something that will at least allow me to fly for now. On the second battery, and with my tweaked pitch curve, I flew the Genius leisurely around the living room uneventfully. After a 6 minute flight, the battery was down to 3.70 - pretty good for such a tiny battery!

Difficulty-wise (keep in mind that I've only been flying for about a month), I'd put it somewhere between my v100D01 and my V120D01. It's very responsive, even in the less sensitive 6-axis mode. The tail holds perfectly with throttle pumps, tho it seems a little sluggish for turning.

That's all I have for now. I need to quit futzing with helicopter stuff and go crash on the couch. Time for some Nyquil.
If you are a experienced FP fliert who's first reaction is to cut throttle rather than hit throttle hold - then I would setup a flight mode or new model slot with little to no negative pitch for indoor flying - its a hard habit to get out of and negative pitch is only required to get the heli down in a wind.

Then work hard to break the habit without breaking the heli - easier said than done

Regards David
Last edited by Hellraser; Sep 16, 2011 at 08:30 PM.
Sep 16, 2011, 08:28 PM
"Lifted" from CB100 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
... Still getting aquainted with the new Genius,But in 6 axis mode,it flies very much as stable as the CB100 does.
Regards Jason
It might be too early for you to tell, but do the RX AIL and EL pots change anything in 6 axis mode?
Sep 16, 2011, 08:41 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
I got my Genius from Miraclemart, and they ship to Canada fairly fast, usually quicker than those in the US would get it; doesn't make sense I know but it happens.

Mine will be coming with Devo 6, and I have no idea how to use it lol, or Walkera Tx's for that matter.

If anyone finds a good set up (besides stock settings) on Devo 6 TX, please report findings on here.

Would be greatly appreciated.

also

as far as Expo is concerned, with Walkera, is (+) making it more or less responsive around mid-stick?

Specktrum is less response in positive, and more responsive in negative.

Not sure if Walkera is opposite or same

thanks

Ryan
Sep 16, 2011, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaniac8
Ya, that's pretty much all I need to put them on the no go list. If I'm wrong, I would like them to explain why it would appear like this. Fact of the mater is if you consistently have a certain amount of orders, than you have to have the people to ship. If not you would hire an extra person, so I don't buy the "we have so many orders excuse either"
There are so many good vendors there is no reason to do go elsewhere.
I don't believe that they have stuff ehirabo and miracle mart don't yet.
If others here have had flawless transactions with them I would like to hear about it, maybe I'm wrong
Seems though even the successful transactions were slow
I am almost always amazed at how fast I get stuff from the tried and true vendors
They got mine to me 7 days from when I ordered,which is pretty standard for China to NZ.

The problem was that they sent the shipping email on the 16th when they actually posted it on the 11th,so for all those days I was under the impression that they had taken my order when they did not have stock.
They state under terms and conditions that processing can take 48hrs and that is what happened in my case.Ordered on the 9th,they shipped on the 11th and I got it on the 17th.
Also the heli was perfect out of the box.

Not sticking up for them,just relaying my experience.
Because of the late email however,in future I'll stick with CJ,MM and ehirobo,probably 20 orders from each with never a problem that was'nt sorted.
Sep 16, 2011, 08:57 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
I got my Genius from Miraclemart, and they ship to Canada fairly fast, usually quicker than those in the US would get it; doesn't make sense I know but it happens.

Mine will be coming with Devo 6, and I have no idea how to use it lol, or Walkera Tx's for that matter.

If anyone finds a good set up (besides stock settings) on Devo 6 TX, please report findings on here.

Would be greatly appreciated.

also

as far as Expo is concerned, with Walkera, is (+) making it more or less responsive around mid-stick?

Specktrum is less response in positive, and more responsive in negative.

Not sure if Walkera is opposite or same

thanks

Ryan
On the other Walkera TX's + is less just like with the DX6i..

Don't worry about being able to figure out how to set it up... Once you see how clear Walkera instructions are written you will have no problem at all..................... As soon as someone on here posts how to do it......

Quick Reply