Jul 31, 2011, 04:20 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
This plane gets better and better by the hour...

I just printed out the plans and rajazo already have more improvements....
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2011, 10:35 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc338
This plane gets better and better by the hour...

I just printed out the plans and rajazo already have more improvements....
thanks and apology for the sheets that you will have to reprint...lol

plans uploaded (post#3), clear canopy included, but instructions will be availeable soon (try with paper or cardboard first to gain practice....)
Jul 31, 2011, 11:00 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajazo
thanks and apology for the sheets that you will have to reprint...lol

plans uploaded (post#3), clear canopy included, but instructions will be availeable soon (try with paper or cardboard first to gain practice....)
No worries mate. I can always use the other side of the paper

I noticed your Kfm step is less than 50%, while all of my steps are on the 50% cord I haven't tried it less than that but seeing your video it seems to work just fine.

I'll be using 5mm depron on this build, so my foam would be a bit loose on the tabs and slots.
Jul 31, 2011, 11:00 AM
RC Adddict
Wow looking good . Just keeps getting better and better . Just gave this thread 5 stars
Jul 31, 2011, 11:16 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Attached is a clear canopy template for paper OV-10, I forgot where I got it from but it was designed by E. Zarkov. This have less cuts, maybe we can scale this to fit your OV-10.
Jul 31, 2011, 08:47 PM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
I did a quick test flight on my plane today. was a little gustier then I wanted. Got the plane to go about 50', basicly launched it, went to put my hand on the controller and then the wind got it, spun it to the right and cartwheeled into the ground >_<. busted the side off the nose, and snapped the right verticle stab. Got it fixed in the field but because of how short my motor wires where it got unplugged from the ESC and i didnt bring tools with me to be able to reattach the motor wires. Went and got Tai Food instead :P mmmm BBQ pork and Chicken.....

fonud smoe airshow footage of the real aircraft too.
OV-10 Bronco - Orange 2008 Air Show (4 min 3 sec)

im also planning out a full 3d EPS OV-10 in my head. It will have twin engines and landing gear too.
Last edited by OutcastZeroOne; Jul 31, 2011 at 09:06 PM.
Jul 31, 2011, 10:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcastZeroOne
I did a quick test flight on my plane today. was a little gustier then I wanted. Got the plane to go about 50', basicly launched it, went to put my hand on the controller and then the wind got it, spun it to the right and cartwheeled into the ground ......
ohh, bad news.. I'm really sorry, try double foam in the front side panels of the fuselage... is too fragile because the battery... my bronco has resist a lot of abuse (hard landings, crashes included) after the reinforce (it was a accident discover because I broke the nose and use a second piece of foam to do the union)
Jul 31, 2011, 10:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Attached is a clear canopy template for paper OV-10, I forgot where I got it from but it was designed by E. Zarkov. This have less cuts, maybe we can scale this to fit your OV-10.
excellent material, lot more simple... I will try it in the next days and post the results.. thanks!!!
Aug 01, 2011, 01:39 AM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
Quote:
ohh, bad news.. I'm really sorry, try double foam in the front side panels of the fuselage... is too fragile because the battery... my bronco has resist a lot of abuse (hard landings, crashes included) after the reinforce (it was a accident discover because I broke the nose and use a second piece of foam to do the union)
well as some one on here once said "all these planes have an expiration date, they just dont put it on the box". But its fixed already so no big deal. i think I may end up making a solid EPS nose for it that I can easily replace if broken. May also help getting a little bit more weight up front.

Oh, my plane came in at 11.7oz flying weight too. Having the servo on the right side of the tail it also makes the plane right side heavy . I have to keep battery all the way to the left in the main body to try and offset it. I know its the servo too since as a test I placed an extra servo on the other side and was able to get it to balance after that. Next time round I may try to center the elevator servo. Im useing a Hi-Tech HS-55 servo for the elevator.
Aug 01, 2011, 02:09 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Quote:
excellent material, lot more simple... I will try it in the next days and post the results.. thanks!!!
Welcome.

I did some test fit with CAD. Scaled it up 2.15 times and fits like it was made for it, well just a few degrees off on the angles but can be corrected easily.
Aug 01, 2011, 06:49 PM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
I knew I shouldnt have used my old hi-tech radio... flew for a good 2 min before I got some interfearence and the plane nose dived into the ground from 30 feet in the air.

looks like its time to go with plan b.
Aug 02, 2011, 06:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcastZeroOne
I knew I shouldnt have used my old hi-tech radio... flew for a good 2 min before I got some interfearence and the plane nose dived into the ground from 30 feet in the air.

looks like its time to go with plan b.
your Bronco has had a hard life... I hope you could enjoy your plane soon
Aug 04, 2011, 11:17 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Here's my progress so far...

I opted to make some mods on the plans and went with 3d booms. Now I have an option to use a single motor or dual motors. My Kfm step is at 50% cord and need to figure out a way to put rudder linkages so that I'll only have to use a single servo.

Plans:

1. Clear canopy (it looks better)
2. Retracts (cool factor)
Aug 04, 2011, 04:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Here's my progress so far...
I opted to make some mods on the plans and went with 3d booms. Now I have an option to use a single motor or dual motors. My Kfm step is at 50% cord and need to figure out a way to put rudder linkages so that I'll only have to use a single servo.
nice, really good build and good looking booms! anyway be careful about the front profile it could be a lot of drag
about rudder linkages, I found is a better option has two micro servos (5grs) at the end of the main wing than has 1 9grs servo and linkage system (weight the near the same) because donīt affect theCG too much and allows use them like airbrake... anyway linkage system works for me in another 2 tail plane (diagram)... put elevator servo at the right side of the elevator and rudder at the left side could be a good option and linkage between both rudders at the end edge...(reinforce the finn with CF before glue the elevator)....

I hope to see a video of the plane flying soon
Aug 16, 2011, 08:10 AM
I'm building one right now because I like this look and I've seen the real thing.

Quick Reply