Jul 12, 2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten
How about I give you a ticket to go away lol If anyone is annoying it is you and not the plane anymore. Just saying
Or you could simply concede that I was right and you were wrong, that could accomplish the same task
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2011, 05:41 PM
Just so you know, I think the pole-cat looks good and I will most likely own one shortly when they come out. Its not like I am trying to troll this thread and tell people not to buy it, After the discussions earlier, I feel there is a place for it in the market but that still wont stop me and many others from comparing it to the sbach.
Jul 12, 2011, 05:44 PM
Can't get enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay
Just so you know, I think the pole-cat looks good and I will most likely own one shortly when they come out. Its not like I am trying to troll this thread and tell people not to buy it, After the discussions earlier, I feel there is a place for it in the market but that still wont stop me and many others from comparing it to the sbach.
Great for you!~ Fly some more turnigy crappo cells in them and maybe it will fly more like the Sbach lol
Jul 12, 2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Great for you!~ Fly some more turnigy crappo cells in them and maybe it will fly more like the Sbach lol
While I am a nano-tech fan, for the price they are not bad at all, compared to the eflite batteries. I have since switched to hyperions for even better performance since the fail of the UM corsair that I received, that could barely even stay in the air with its own batteries. That made me a believer in hyperions!
Jul 12, 2011, 06:02 PM
Can't get enough
Quote:
While I am a nano-tech fan, for the price they are not bad at all, compared to the eflite batteries. I have since switched to hyperions for even better performance since the fail of the UM corsair that I received, that could barely even stay in the air with its own batteries. That made me a believer in hyperions!
Why was your corsair a fail? I was going to get one until I heard some issues regarding COG placement and having to go to 5043 right away.
Jul 12, 2011, 06:25 PM

Side force

Dorsal and ventral fin on the fuse at the CG?
Jul 12, 2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Why was your corsair a fail? I was going to get one until I heard some issues regarding COG placement and having to go to 5043 right away.
Same issue basically. Extremely tail heavy even with the battery all the way forward. using standard battery at full throttle it could barely make it through a turn without trying to fall out of the sky. Upgrading to the nano's it was a hair better but still not enjoyable to fly at all. After going to the hyperions and 5043, it is much better. Still not where I think the plane should be, but good enough that I can live with it. I swear it was like trying to fly a brick with a gnat as the engine, just no power at all.
Jul 12, 2011, 07:29 PM
God I want this plane!
Jul 12, 2011, 07:52 PM
Can't get enough
Quote:
Same issue basically. Extremely tail heavy even with the battery all the way forward. using standard battery at full throttle it could barely make it through a turn without trying to fall out of the sky. Upgrading to the nano's it was a hair better but still not enjoyable to fly at all. After going to the hyperions and 5043, it is much better. Still not where I think the plane should be, but good enough that I can live with it. I swear it was like trying to fly a brick with a gnat as the engine, just no power at all.
That sounds like a hassle. I probably will not get that one.
Jul 12, 2011, 07:59 PM
Quote:
That sounds like a hassle. I probably will not get that one.
I was really unhappy, it is my favorite warbird of all time, I felt like we really got shafted by this one. but hey, it could have just been bad luck getting one out of a bad batch. There are others that report theirs flew fine, but there were a bunch of us that all had the same issues.
Jul 12, 2011, 08:00 PM
Seth, maybe you could answer this one... are the Pole Cats swimmin' across the big pond yet?

and, can you tell us what the quickest way to getting one of these little guys is?

-Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy
Matt or Dave:

can you tell us what the quickest way to getting one of these little guys is, be it ordering from Horizon online ourselves, order from our LHS or from a particular online distributor?

it was mentioned back in the other thread "parkzone next warbird 2011" but of course now that I'm looking for it I can't find it again if my depended on it

-Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
Guys, for those who haven't seen the video yet, please see the link below. Sorry we didn't get this up earlier!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...KZU1480_Hi.wmv

Seth Arnold
Product Development
Horizon Hobby
Jul 12, 2011, 08:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
. I swear it was like trying to fly a brick with a gnat as the engine, just no power at all.
not having a go at anyone but! gee i hear this a lot from people on the site about the UM Corsair, yet many have had no problems at all and i honestly believe posts like this are putting people off buying a great plane, the UM Corsair i had flew great straight out of the box as seen in my video, it went slow/fast/rolled/looped and just flew great straight out of the box

YES! i was using a Hyperion 160mAh battery, as i too agree on the stock batts, mine go straight into a tin out the back, i wonder if the stock battery is causing some of these complaints?

now i'm not saying people have not had problems as we all know QC is hard to keep up with stuff from China, but sometimes, just sometimes i think some might expect too much from a "Foot of Foam"

anyway back to the topic the Pole Cat

Warning! this is not a UMX it is a Parkzone UM Brushed motor so a lot slower than the E-Flite UMX Sbach

if you can fly any of the other Ultra Micros i think you will be fine with the Pole Cat

cheers chuck

PS heres the UM Corsair vid for those that would like to see how "My" plane flew

Parkzone UM F4U Corsair Un-Boxing & Maiden (16 min 23 sec)
Jul 12, 2011, 08:02 PM
great vid review Chuck!

what helmet cam setup are you using these days... a GoPro?

the previous vids you done was with the ol keychain cam.... this one is in full 720P HD , niiiiice touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker
ok guys here it is, hope you enjoy

cheers chuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBv_clFe48U
Jul 12, 2011, 08:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy
great vid review Chuck!

what helmet cam setup are you using these days... a GoPro?

the previous vids you done was with the ol keychain cam.... this one is in full 720P HD , niiiiice touch
Hi Huff, i built myself a new helmet cam using one of my old bike helmets and i'm using my Panasonic TM700 Full High Definition cam, it's taking a bit of getting used to and it's hard to get the shots right in front of you on the ground, but it's a project in progress I am thinking i am going to have to make a tray for the cam thats like a peak on a cap as thats where i had the key cam and it picked up a lot more footage in front than on the side

i much prefer when i have someone to film it for me but as is the case thats not an available option all the time for me

as for the quality, WOW you should see the footage when it's first Rendered it is crystal clear and i watch it on my big screen TV, but alas, it has to be compressed to get it on the net still it's a lot better than a year ago now

cheers chuck
Jul 12, 2011, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker
not having a go at anyone but! gee i hear this a lot from people on the site about the UM Corsair, yet many have had no problems at all and i honestly believe posts like this are putting people off buying a great plane, the UM Corsair i had flew great straight out of the box as seen in my video, it went slow/fast/rolled/looped and just flew great straight out of the box

YES! i was using a Hyperion 160mAh battery, as i too agree on the stock batts, mine go straight into a tin out the back, i wonder if the stock battery is causing some of these complaints?

now i'm not saying people have not had problems as we all know QC is hard to keep up with stuff from China, but sometimes, just sometimes i think some might expect too much from a "Foot of Foam"

anyway back to the topic the Pole Cat

Warning! this is not a UMX it is a Parkzone UM Brushed motor so a lot slower than the E-Flite UMX Sbach

if you can fly any of the other Ultra Micros i think you will be fine with the Pole Cat

cheers chuck

PS heres the UM Corsair vid for those that would like to see how "My" plane flew

I saw your video when it came out chuck. I did acknowledge that it could have been out of a bad batch but there were many of us in that thread that had the exact same issues. Without the hyperion battery, I would have thrown the um corsair in the trash! That is how bad it flew on stock batteries. There was lots of posts in the thread about the issue with no acknowledgment from HH about a bad batch. If it puts people off, I am sorry, but for me it was the worst plane I have gotten from HH yet.

Quick Reply