Jun 29, 2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killowatt
Ok i got to put the data logger on the Q between t-storm's tonight ...

APC 7x5 sport cut down an inch pulled 40amps
43amps

Both measurements were taken with a fresh hyperion 3s 35c 2200

So...what's the takeway? APC 7x5 sport un-cut is good to go w/ a 3S & stock esc? Upps the performance?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab
I can take a pic of it when i get home. I just use 3M dual lock. It's pretty stong. So far the camera has stayed in place on the stryker.
You can find it at walmart, home depot, Ect they sell it in strips for a few bucks.
http://www.uline.com/BL_6418/3M-Dual-Lock

Btw...what POV cam you guys using for the in-flt vids?

Would this be a good choice?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Jun 29, 2011, 11:38 AM
Mis-guided heli guy
That is an excellent choice. Here is a YT vid comparing that cam to a new HK HD cam..
Video from the HobbyKing HD 720p "Wing Camera" (1 min 22 sec)
Jun 29, 2011, 11:51 AM
KJ4WFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild
My opinion.. the front mount needs to angle down a bit. It seems that in level flight you're seeing mostly sky.

Also, if it's possible without messing up your focus I would try to get some of the wing's leading edge into the frame. I think the video gives a better "feeling" of what's going on when you have some reference.. and stops some of the motion sickness effect of watching a video like that.
check your pm's
Jun 29, 2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn
that is exactly what I use. Perfect fit. No surgery.
Sorry to ask, but are you stock(ESC/Prop). Any CG issues?
Jun 29, 2011, 01:54 PM
Just made my first 27q flight with 4s lipo today. the 40amp esc can handle it easy just the engine is going to be a bit hotter then on 3s with the 6x6 prop.
the next days i try to fly this setup with an 6x5 prop on 4s.
all i can say for now... the Stryker can be RELAY fast
Jun 29, 2011, 02:09 PM
Outlaw
Was able to maiden my Q today

I went with 4 cell and Ice lite 75 esc for the first flight. The rest was stock. I'm at 8750' altitude so I was wanting a bit more power in this thin air. I did not even attempt the no-power launch, went with the power-on launch. First launch---not so good, not enough power. Second launch went fine, third too. I switched in a bit of up elevator for launch, and switched it out when underway. On low rates and high speed I did get a bit squirrley so may need to dial down the throws a bit for high speed. I used a "chicken-glove" for powered launch just in case.....after I get the hang of it, may not need it.

The thing is pretty fast, seemed like a spec in the sky that I was always turning.
Time to log some flights and get more comfortable!

if you click on the 4 arrows in the lower right, you can watch full screen
Stryker Q maiden (6 min 23 sec)
Jun 29, 2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8

I went with 4 cell and Ice lite 75 esc for the first flight.

was that fly with 4s on the original motor? did you check the temp of the engine after?
Jun 29, 2011, 02:22 PM
Outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihama
was that fly with 4s on the original motor? did you check the temp of the engine after?
stock motor, didn't check temp
Jun 29, 2011, 02:32 PM
On a DX7 how do you program/switch in up elevator? This will be my first wing plane and I've never done it. I have programmed in flaps in the flaperon mode on one of my other planes. Is it similar?

Bob
Jun 29, 2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8
Was able to maiden my Q today

I went with 4 cell and Ice lite 75 esc for the first flight. The rest was stock. I'm at 8750' altitude so I was wanting a bit more power in this thin air. I did not even attempt the no-power launch, went with the power-on launch. First launch---not so good, not enough power. Second launch went fine, third too. I switched in a bit of up elevator for launch, and switched it out when underway. On low rates and high speed I did get a bit squirrley so may need to dial down the throws a bit for high speed. I used a "chicken-glove" for powered launch just in case.....after I get the hang of it, may not need it.

The thing is pretty fast, seemed like a spec in the sky that I was always turning.
Time to log some flights and get more comfortable!

if you click on the 4 arrows in the lower right, you can watch full screen
http://vimeo.com/25777994
Is that a glove you are wearing? I know it can't be because it is too cold.

Edit: Guess it didn't read the whole thing. Anyway, what kind of glove did you use?
Jun 29, 2011, 02:45 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt
Btw...what POV cam you guys using for the in-flt vids?

Would this be a good choice?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Just ordered that one last week. Of course after I see the hk one.
Jun 29, 2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman
On a DX7 how do you program/switch in up elevator? This will be my first wing plane and I've never done it. I have programmed in flaps in the flaperon mode on one of my other planes. Is it similar?

Bob

Bob to answer your question, delta's dont have flaps per se.

I'd suggest using your manual but in the "setup" menu, under 'wing type', select "delta". The tx will then mix in the elevons (mixing aileron & elevator). After selecting delta you can power off, then turn it back on & go to the programming menu. There you'll find everything else you need for the electronic setup.

But before electronic setup, do the mechanical set to center. Set all your tx trims & subtrims to zero. Then check to ensure the 4 servo horns are all perpendicular (ie, 90*) to their cases...move the clevises as needed to center the elevons & rudders.

Not sure how much more you may need but this is a start.

Jeff
Jun 29, 2011, 03:40 PM
ok, just had my 'attempted' maiden, not good news im afraid.

Did control check, checked all surfaces, everything working perfectly.
1st launch, no power, good throw, hit upto half power, landed straight on the ground, fortunately on its back, no damage.
2nd launch, i thought i'd try some power, gave it 1/4 power, threw into the wind, same effect, except this time the propellor broke!
so end of.
wasnt keen on full power, but i reckon it might be required.

now, i need a prop, can it be any 6*6 prop, or does it need to be the one from parkzone. im not sure if spares are currently available?
was so upset, came back home quickly, and took out my trusty T28 for a quick 1 battery, that cheered me up
Jun 29, 2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks Jeff. I think I'll be able to get set it up from the info you gave me.

Bob

Quick Reply