May 15, 2011, 10:04 PM
Nice guys.. That must of been after 3pm when the rain stopped.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2011, 10:25 PM
I flew my friends Extra one word WOW
May 15, 2011, 10:42 PM
Hey Tim,

Where in LI do you fly?
May 15, 2011, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo
I flew my friends Extra one word WOW
Freddy.. Interested in shooting out to Delaware on Saturday.
May 15, 2011, 10:56 PM
OHHHH Sounds great I will let know by thursday... on thing I must send my radio for repairs to horizon hobby the Ail gimble broke hard 3d
May 15, 2011, 10:56 PM
Delaware has the best scraple
May 16, 2011, 04:36 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
nice tim!!!

I'll get your vid up a little later. off to band practice .

awesome flying, can't wait to burn the rest of my packs tomorrow....
That was fun!

This plane tracks so straight it's amazing! It's so good, that I'm flying it on extreme rates only, and didn't need one click of trim.. Park it in a KE, and it fly's hands off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats!
Hey Tim. What batts are you using. Can't remember if it was 4,5 or 6.
I'm running the blue 3600,5cell, 30-40c turnigys.. In that video I don't full throttle it, it has plenty of power on 5c. It was only my second flight so I was taking it easy.. Later in the day things got a bit crazier..

The KE spins, snaps, and tumbles, are violent!! Even on 5c.. I flew Chris's on 6cell and it was ballistic..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul
Hey Tim,

Where in LI do you fly?
Im in new Hyde park, and we fly at marine park in Brooklyn.. if your looking to fly? PM me,I try to keep the thread on track , so people don't have to search threw pages of personal chater to get info about the plane. If we don't stay on track it drives the best pilots away..
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; May 16, 2011 at 04:50 AM.
May 16, 2011, 08:16 AM
I guess no one knows the answer to this!???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman17
what length dubro arms are you guys using for the elevator and rudder? I used the 2nd to longest for the the alerions Are you using the longest or shortest? for the back of the plane?

Thanks
May 16, 2011, 08:53 AM
I mistakenly put the elevator control horn on the right side of the fuselage, rudder on the left, which is opposite from what the directions call for. Don't know what I was reading or thinking at the time. Will it make a difference?
May 16, 2011, 09:13 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43
I guess no one knows the answer to this!???????????
Sorry..I'm using phenolic arms, with the rudder and elevator, in the farthest hole, and ailerons one hole shorter.. If you opt too use phenolic arms, you have to modify the ball link by shaving one side down(1/32) to avoid binding...

I like the longer arms because it gives you more than enough mechanical advantage.. When I setup the radio the end points on the ailerons are around 110% plenty of room for adjustment, and sinc..

They work great, Unfortantly I can't post build picks untill tomorrow night(internt is down)..

Ill have a full build log with detailed picks on my page in a few days..
May 16, 2011, 09:18 AM
RCCR Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman17
what length dubro arms are you guys using for the elevator and rudder? I used the 2nd to longest for the the alerions Are you using the longest or shortest? for the back of the plane?

Thanks
I'm at the step where you cut a hole for those two servos, it got late so thats tonights project. But, I think I figured out which to use from the manual. All of the servo arms except the short ones have a reinforcing rib where the arm and hub meet. The manual is showing that arm having a reinforcing rib so it must be the long one. Perhaps it is using the 2nd from end hole for the linkage.
May 16, 2011, 10:01 AM
You brought two too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro

Ill have a full build log with detailed picks on my page in a few days..
I have a build log going on here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1439247
May 16, 2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
nice tim!!!

I'll get your vid up a little later. off to band practice .

awesome flying, can't wait to burn the rest of my packs tomorrow....
I cant wait to see this landing on the canopy. Were is it?
May 16, 2011, 02:32 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
ha! sorry, slacking. tonight for sure.
May 16, 2011, 03:26 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
I got a PM on the motor mount with the Motrolfly 4315.. You will need 10MM of spacing for the mount.. I know there is better ways to do the mount.. BUt I have done this before and it worked fine.. It was on a 50CC yak..

Quick Reply