Apr 16, 2011, 11:18 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Found it on youtube, quite different flying than the Kadet...At first I tought it was a bit underpowered but when you floored it I went Not the usual Art's flying ! Lots of water everywhere...

Your club has nice accomodations. Very clean looking. How long is the runway ?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2011, 11:25 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Found it on youtube, quite different flying than the Kadet...At first I tought it was a bit underpowered but when you floored it I went Not the usual Art's flying ! Lots of water everywhere...

Your club has nice accomodations. Very clean looking. How long is the runway ?
about 350 feet.

I don't always fly like an old lady. 8^)
Apr 16, 2011, 11:36 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
about 350 feet.

I don't always fly like an old lady. 8^)
LOL

Seems longer than that, maybe because it is less wide than ours. We have 600 ft by 60 ft on the main runway. Maybe you'll see it someday if the snow melts
Apr 16, 2011, 11:47 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1362692

Big thread on HD keychain.
Apr 17, 2011, 04:48 AM
Art,

It looks cold, wet and lonely there.
Apr 17, 2011, 08:13 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Cool ! Will have to check some videos because I don't see much difference between the stock cam ans the .67 lens some people are adding. Maybe I'll buy the lens to try on my 808.
Apr 17, 2011, 08:22 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004
Art,

It looks cold, wet and lonely there.
I fully expected to see you there!

You forgot windy... I think we have as much water around as carguy, ours is just more liquid.

On a positive note, the radio gear seemed to work perfectly.
Apr 17, 2011, 08:29 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Cool ! Will have to check some videos because I don't see much difference between the stock cam ans the .67 lens some people are adding. Maybe I'll buy the lens to try on my 808.
There is a list of trusted sellers, that's nice. The flycamoneHD is very interesting to me, you could buy four of the HD keychains for the price though, still half the cost of a GoPro.
Apr 17, 2011, 08:40 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Madmike posted a link on the video tread, let me find it...I'll be back in a jiffy !

EDIT: here you are

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2124
Looks like this is one of the trusted sellers from the keychain thread, did you notice it comes with a car charger that's USB output? Could charge your aiptek with it as well I would think.
Apr 17, 2011, 08:55 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Looks like this is one of the trusted sellers from the keychain thread, did you notice it comes with a car charger that's USB output? Could charge your aiptek with it as well I would think.
Exactly what I tought ! I'd like to buy a spare for the aiptek, but since the aiptek is long to charge, I would probably cut the adapter and plug it to the GS battery so it would be powered directly by it. What do you think ?
Apr 17, 2011, 08:58 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Trappy made a new long range record. I don't care about the records themselves because lots of people claim for such "distance records", but I like to see his vids anyway, lots of info. His EzOSD displays the possible range he can fly with whats left in the plane's batteries (cool) and check the pictures at the end. Thats ain't noobie stuff...Heck I'd be happy to go 5 km now. Less boring I think.
Apr 17, 2011, 09:10 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Exactly what I tought ! I'd like to buy a spare for the aiptek, but since the aiptek is long to charge, I would probably cut the adapter and plug it to the GS battery so it would be powered directly by it. What do you think ?
USB output is 5 volts, there is a regulator of some kind in the adapter end. You could add an accessory receptical you GS and could use it in the car or the GS?
Apr 17, 2011, 09:15 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
The keychain charger may be a fairly low current output since it has to charge such a small battery, might take a while to charge the aiptek's larger battery.
Apr 17, 2011, 09:24 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
The keychain charger may be a fairly low current output since it has to charge such a small battery, might take a while to charge the aiptek's larger battery.
If I power the aiptek from the USB port, won't it take that power instead of the battery ? then the aiptek battery would not deplete ?
Apr 17, 2011, 09:34 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
If I power the aiptek from the USB port, won't it take that power instead of the battery ? then the aiptek battery would not deplete ?
I should think so, as long as the current output is as high as what the camera is using. Might be a nice feature added to a GS, a 5v regulated supply connected to a standard USB port, you could plug any USB device in to charge. An inexpensive UBEC like I installed in the seņorita can handle 3 amps, would do the job nicely.

Quick Reply