Apr 11, 2011, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23
i dont think the
FMP04 GPS module Breakout Board from oharap will suits our needs.
Its missing some esential parts to get it working in the arduino 5V enviromet, and i think it needs a buffered power source, so you dont have to wait mabe several minutes till he finds his satelites again after each lipo change.
I got everything prepared for the GPS bob, will take another day to complete the layout.

The price for the Flydubution will be 6€ for the naked board plus 5€ for a complete set of connectors, male and female, enough for a octo, will cost you another 5€.

The Flydusense will cost also 6€ for the naked board plus 3€ for allready soldered LLC and pullups on it.

The GPS BOB will be in the same range, but it have more parts on it and i have to deliver a special jst plug with it (allready colletcing quotes for it). So maybe for a complete GPS kit execpt the GPS module itself 12€

The production run of the flyduino is started!!
I really have a problem with the weak dollar atm, i am living in euro world, so i have to change the prices to euro, cant pay my bills otherwise.
Also working on a simple shop for all this items, but i think this shop will be in euro only.
I hope i have more news soon.
Good products an idea Paul !!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2011, 05:55 PM
Thread OP
Many thanks Mariano, i will count on your opinion.
Just to make it sure, i will not change simpy the dollar to euro, but i have to compensate for the extremly weak dollar atm, just have to compensate a bit for the flyduino who is allready in production.
Oh and its not clear enough the Flydubution naked will cost about 6€ with male and female headers for an octo it will cost 5€ more.
Oh and i meant the the oharap GPS bob will NOT suits our needs, as its ment to be used in picaxe 3.3V enviroment and other reasosns.
The prices for the bob are rough caculations, it hink they would be a bit cheaper in the end especially bought as a set.
Last edited by Goofy23; Apr 12, 2011 at 05:34 AM.
Apr 12, 2011, 10:10 AM
Thread OP
made a diagram on the quick.
This is one possible way to connect the imu ATM with the software we have.
Apr 12, 2011, 03:36 PM
heres the video of my testflight with the flyduino + ff imu 1.22 on my mwc mini hexa from last weekend.
i tested all sensors. everything is working.
as u can see theres oscillating in high when baro is on. hopefully alex will add an option to tune it in the gui.

great work from alex, paul and jussi thanks

mwc mini hexa - flyduino + ff imu 1.22 (3 min 48 sec)
Apr 12, 2011, 03:54 PM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox
heres the video of my testflight with the flyduino + ff imu 1.22 on my mwc mini hexa from last weekend.
i tested all sensors. everything is working.
as u can see theres oscillating in high when baro is on. hopefully alex will add an option to tune it in the gui.

great work from alex, paul and jussi thanks

http://vimeo.com/22305668
As always: good feature demo!

You can optimize the functions of the baro this way:
- hover with gyro and accel for some time (5-6 seconds or so)
- activate the baro and keep the altitude with your throttle manually for 1-2 seconds

Then let go the sticks. My hexa keeps its altitude pretty well for some time and then "waves" within 1m.
Apr 12, 2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
As always: good feature demo!

You can optimize the functions of the baro this way:
- hover with gyro and accel for some time (5-6 seconds or so)
- activate the baro and keep the altitude with your throttle manually for 1-2 seconds

Then let go the sticks. My hexa keeps its altitude pretty well for some time and then "waves" within 1m.
Thanks for your great flight Warthox, as ever!

You should maybe add some foam over the baro if it's not already done, it should help.
Apr 12, 2011, 06:02 PM
Thread OP
Great flying style, as always Warthox.
Simply Impressive.
I can see your weather in this very souther part of germany is great compared to ours here, i am a bit jealous.
Apr 12, 2011, 08:05 PM
Hovership
In Alex's code it says that camera tilt/roll compensation isn't compatible with hex or Y6, is this true even when using flyduino hardware?
Apr 12, 2011, 08:22 PM
Thread OP
No
Its just incompatible with a Pro or Nano cause he didnt have enough in and outs for beeing a hexa and camera stabilizer in one.
The Flyduino have of course enough Out,plus you can also use a regular RX with it in the hex/cam tilt/roll config (which is not possible with a hex and a pro/nano).
And forgot to mention if we get code for it you can also fly with a octo camera stabilisation and a regular RX (no ppm needed), also enough ins and outs.
Apr 12, 2011, 08:26 PM
Hovership
AWESOME
Cant wait to get mine
Apr 12, 2011, 08:38 PM
Multicopter Addict
Quote:
No
Its just incompatible with a Pro or Nano cause he didnt have enough in and outs for beeing a hexa and camera stabilizer in one.
The Flyduino have of course enough Out,plus you can also use a regular RX with it in the hex/cam tilt/roll config (which is not possible with a hex and a pro/nano).
And forgot to mention if we get code for it you can also fly with a octo camera stabilisation and a regular RX (no ppm needed), also enough ins and outs.
SWEET!!!

I need one! Now to come up with some extra cash
Apr 12, 2011, 11:31 PM
Thread OP
The production has started, will update as far i have news.
Apr 13, 2011, 05:01 AM
working on a DIY Mini Quad!
Wouldn't a Flyduino Pro Mini be nice??

It could be cheaper for the beginners that are using the WM+ and NK.
And it would be nice for people with smaller quads (like me)...maybe 4x4cm ?

Greetings,
Apr 13, 2011, 08:01 AM
Thread OP
There is absolutetely no problem to use the flyduino with a WM+ and NK+ only (but you surely know).
I like the scalability of the Flyduino and with the bob´s it pretty straight forward to install.
Concerning size lets see what the future will bring.
Apr 13, 2011, 09:48 AM
working on a DIY Mini Quad!
Quote:
There is absolutetely no problem to use the flyduino with a WM+ and NK+ only (but you surely know).
I like the scalability of the Flyduino and with the bob´s it pretty straight forward to install.
Concerning size lets see what the future will bring.
I'll keep that in mind!

Quick Reply