Mar 29, 2011, 01:18 AM
I hate gravity!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrockie
Does anyone know if they make a soundboard that imitates a gas engine that can be installed in an electric plane. I want the sound of a nitro but not the mess and cleanup that comes with it.
It's expensive but I found one:

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9031
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2011, 06:24 AM
PSALM 14:1

Available

Anyone looking for a like-new SkyTrainer 400? My father has decided this isn't "the" plane for him and has his up for sale:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1414191
Mar 31, 2011, 12:36 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Quote:
He does not have this, but a guy at my field has a FW190 and a sound generator. It was not very loud. I could only tell the sound when he was taxying and taking off. I the air, I could not really hear it well.

If the speaker is loud enough to be realistic, the amp board would need it's own battery.
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 17, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
Apr 06, 2011, 12:18 AM
Electric foamy flyer
Alright here is video of my 400! Thank you Visor, that prop is perfectly balanced I was shocked, the stock shakes the whole plane. Took this today, Finally flew my Cessna 400 corvalis again, Sorry its in widescreen.

Airfield Sky Trainer 400 RC at Chandler Bowl (4 min 7 sec)
Apr 06, 2011, 10:36 AM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
Nice Video and flying Frontier. You sure have a nice park to fly at! All the fields around here have fences running in the middle of everything spliting up baseball/softball/soccer fields. That field is nice and wide open.

I have to agree a well balanced prop really makes a world of difference with this bird.
Apr 06, 2011, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly Frontier
Alright here is video of my 400! Thank you Visor, that prop is perfectly balanced I was shocked, the stock shakes the whole plane. Took this today, Finally flew my Cessna 400 corvalis again, Sorry its in widescreen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLKcczEjKr8
Cool video. Nice flying! Gyro on alierons... sweet!

I have not flown mine in a while
Waiting for Turnigy 3542 to arrive.
Apr 12, 2011, 10:00 PM
I hate gravity!!

Foam motor mount

I tried to use Visor's idea of usinf foam between firewall and motor to help with prop vibration and crashes. Did a test and it came apart on me about 75% throttle. Used hot glue during assembly, a 11x5 MAS prop, not sure what went wrong but will reassemble and try again paying better attention. Any ideas anyone?

I used a 120w 10v low temp glue gun for assembly, on the rebuild I'll use more glue!!
Last edited by schrockie; Apr 13, 2011 at 12:41 AM.
Apr 12, 2011, 11:47 PM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
Its balanced with all the price tags and safety info on that prop? Mine are never balanced with them on there!
Apr 13, 2011, 12:25 AM
I hate gravity!!
I was waiting for someone to notice that.It wasn't balanced but I think the problem was I didn't have it hot glued good enough. Will do rebuild 1st thing in the morning and post results by noon.
Apr 13, 2011, 02:04 PM
I hate gravity!!
...... and then there was LIGHT!!!!

Thanks Visor for the help and supplies, getting ready to test the rebuild on the foam motor mount, cross your fingers everyone.
Apr 13, 2011, 03:15 PM
I hate gravity!!
Still in one piece, bench test was successful, you can bet I won't be skimping on the glue anymore!
Apr 13, 2011, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Still in one piece, bench test was successful, you can bet I won't be skimping on the glue anymore!
Make sure your prop has somewhat downward thrust and a bit to the right. If not your plane will want to climb up and turn left as soon as you apply power.
Apr 13, 2011, 11:03 PM
Quote:
...... and then there was LIGHT!!!!

Thanks Visor for the help and supplies, getting ready to test the rebuild on the foam motor mount, cross your fingers everyone.
Ahhhh!!! Those lights look awesome!
Apr 14, 2011, 12:59 AM
I hate gravity!!
Ready for flight, just need new cowling and waiting for CF tube to rehinge elevator for single push rod action to make her whole again.
Apr 16, 2011, 03:13 AM
Just for laughs...

A Funny Guy With A Funny Plane (4 min 17 sec)

Quick Reply