Mar 06, 2011, 01:29 AM
That's a very nice looking Star 30... It looked great on the pond today! Now we just need you to join the club and get a boat to race...
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2011, 02:12 AM
Dale G......OZD
Thanks. It was nice to sail the Star again after so many years. Joining the club is easy....deciding on which type of boat...not so easy (although I'm kind of favoring the Soling 50). We'll see.

Dale
Mar 06, 2011, 02:16 AM
Come down tomorrow, we have our club points race, and all the boats the club races will be down there.Im sure someone with a Soling 50 will let ya try one...
Mar 06, 2011, 02:18 AM
Dale G......OZD
I'll try to make it. What time do you start and how late will you all be there?

Dale
Mar 06, 2011, 02:25 AM
We start at 10... and goes to around 4 i think....
Mar 06, 2011, 09:57 AM
Thread OP
Dick L & Boomer
Thanks for the tips.. I want to try it with the Capo sail I just got used recently.. It was made by Louis C PORRO .. He and I sail together ll the time so I know ( if it works well) he'll not only sell me a third set but tune it too.. My goal tho is to have one rig pre optimized for light air and another for 6 and up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1
I think Dennis @Walrus Sails Makes sails for your boats.

WALRUS SAILS. 8654 EAST WINDROSE DRIVE. SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85260. 480- 227-3754 dddsct@yahoo.com. Download step-by-step PDF. HOME. SAILS. BOATS ...

www.ddesprois-rc-boats.com

Boomer
Mar 06, 2011, 06:23 PM
Thread OP

San Diego Argonauts newsletter and 2011 Schedule

Was speaking with Mark Hallberg our Commodore and got his Ok to post these today..
Mar 06, 2011, 11:09 PM
Thread OP

Argonauts Points Races today

Had a blast at the SD Boat Pond today

This was our Argonauts Points Race for Soling 50, SantaBarbara, IOM and ODOM in that order today..

nothing like a little competition to get the adrenalin pumpin .. Took some Videos but unfortunately no ODOM vids.. I'm sorry these are off the (ODOM) topic but what the heck .. you don't need to suffer thru 'em unless you want to
Regards,
JimS

Soling 50 1 of 3.mp4 (5 min 33 sec)

This was Race 2 for thr Solings

Soling 50 Race 2 of 3.mp4 (4 min 13 sec)

And this was Soling 50 Race 3

Soling 50 Final Race 3 of 3.mp4 (4 min 32 sec)

Here are a few clips of the 1st SB Race today

SantaBarbara Race 1 of 3.mp4 (4 min 27 sec)

and here is SB race 2 of 3

SB Race 2 of 3.mp4 (4 min 42 sec)

And a Partial of SB Race 3 of 3
SB 3 of 3 (partial).mp4 (2 min 38 sec)

And Here is the 1st IOM race of the day

IOM Race 1 of 3 (5 min 32 sec)

And the final: IOM Starts for races 2 & 3 ... sorry no full race video for these (if i had an IOM it would be different..)

IOM race 2 & 3 short clips of the starts (only).mp4 (2 min 56 sec)

Sorry No ODOM clips except for the very short one Dale took below..
Last edited by jims123; Mar 08, 2011 at 01:29 AM.
Mar 06, 2011, 11:50 PM
Dale G......OZD
I arrived at the pond too late to see the Solings (so, thanks for the video, Jim) I did, however manage to take a short video toward the end of the last ODOM race. Both are beautiful boats....gonna be tough to decide which type to get (don't anyone suggest both!!!)

Dale
ODOM Points Race...the pack (0 min 17 sec)
Last edited by he4gott; Mar 07, 2011 at 12:53 AM.
Mar 07, 2011, 12:41 AM
Thread OP
Dale ,
very glad you got # 99 on video today..( that's me rounding in that clip for about .05 seconds

I hope you can find a nice ODOM.. all the others are cool too, but there's nothing like srtarting off on the righ foot with the: D BEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by he4gott
..I did, however manage to take a short video toward the end of the last ODOM race. [/URL]
Mar 07, 2011, 01:23 AM

The Demise of Still Cameras????

Jim,

A few of the many photographs I took today - just for you, the ODOM Way!

Dale & Jim - your "movies" are scary for my heavy and huge camera. Plus you seem to process yours very quick. My only consolation is I can blow up my images to larger than life-size.

Jim, for a newcomer, you are a threat!

Regards,

Del
Mar 07, 2011, 01:33 AM
Thread OP
Del,
these are simply AWESOME .. wow thanks for posting 'em they look very professional .. I had no idea you were way over on the far side shooting from across the pond with that huge Telephoto..

Yes I'm a threat alright.. why do you think I glued that big thick bumper on my bow.. I know I need to learn the rules too, cause I can be down-right dangerous !..

Thanks Again Del.. very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delperena
Jim,

A few of the many photographs I took today - just for you, the ODOM Way!

Dale & Jim - your "movies" are scary for my heavy and huge camera. Plus you seem to process yours very quick. My only consolation is I can blow up my images to larger than life-size.

Jim, for a newcomer, you are a threat!

Regards,

Del
Mar 07, 2011, 02:07 AM
Great pic's and video's guys!! Just wish i did better than i did today... lol.. but i have alot to learn too, only been sailing for 3 months now.. Need to practice more with my ODOM now... That was only the second time sailing that boat.. Big difference then sailing a S/B....
Mar 07, 2011, 02:25 AM
Thread OP
Chris,
I keep thinking how great it' going to be this year.. learning from the pros and tuning into how to get the best performance from our boats.

It's exciting to focus so hard and try to anticipate all the things that can go wrong. I don't know about you, but I get pumped racing.. and am just amazed at how much there is to learn, and how good some of the guys in our club are. JimS

How bout posting a pic of that cool mast aliment gauge you just made some time .. I meant to ask if i could do so, but forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowbar69
Great pic's and video's guys!! Just wish i did better than i did today... lol.. but i have alot to learn too, only been sailing for 3 months now.. Need to practice more with my ODOM now... That was only the second time sailing that boat.. Big difference then sailing a S/B....
Mar 07, 2011, 09:22 AM
Thread OP

Here's a e-mail query from Ken,.. thought I'd answer it here below..

Jim – Very much enjoyed your videos of the Solings and Santa Barbaras. I watched in HD.... what kind of camera are you using? Picture was excellent. And what video editing software are you using?.... on a PC or Mac? Thanks again...

regards,
Ken

Ken Campbell
------------------
Hi Ken..
I'm glad you liked it . I like doing videos to see my mistakes and how the Pro's like YOU win races like you did and do all the time..

I use a Canon VIXIA HF-100 with a 16Gig SD memory chip.. I pop out the chip to quickly transfer the clips thru USB reader to Hard Drive then use Pinnacle 14 Ultimate typically as a video editor on my PC.. But, lately (see posts above) found it won't render either my Filp HD Mino or oddly the keycam clips, so am trying to learn the free Windows Live Media editor now as well. JimS

Quick Reply