Jan 27, 2011, 10:37 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
Jim your throw was anything but pathetic. But with alot of work you could have gotten to that level. ALOT of work!!!!!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2011, 10:58 PM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Mike/gentlemen, Will I need a carbon receiver for the vandal? Pretty sure it's a lot of Kevlar....
Jan 27, 2011, 11:09 PM
Mike M.
Thread OP
The Vandal pod is mostly Kevlar, but has some carbon strips reinforcing the inside. The two different Rx's I have used in it both had the longer antennas that I ran outside the pod just to be on the safe side.
Jan 27, 2011, 11:09 PM
Mike M.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingj View Post
Id like to snag it from you first if I may???
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Mike, may I borrow it after Jeremy...?
Yes.
Jan 28, 2011, 01:23 AM
Mike M.
Thread OP
OK guys, I just posted a new thread for our Utah Red Rock F3K Challenge contest in St. George, Saturday March 19, 2011. See the thread HERE. Be sure to go there and leave a post to SIGN UP!

We got official permission to use the Turner Turf Farm (thanks Nate and Sam for your help). This should be a really fun event, and a great spring break getaway. I hope to draw a few out-of-staters to this event as well, so I put in a plug for some of the great southern Utah tourism sites as well.

Please let me know if I covered everything in the invitation, and if there is anything in need of change. Hope to see you all there. We need your support.

Thanks!

Mike M
Jan 28, 2011, 01:40 AM
Mike if I could catch a ride I "Might" be able to pull that off. Would need to be home that night probably.

Its scary that I am looking at some of my rc stuff and thinking what I would have to sell to get a Super Sweet DLG!!!!
Jan 28, 2011, 01:54 AM
Mike M.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Mike if I could catch a ride I "Might" be able to pull that off. Would need to be home that night probably...
I'm sure we can arrange car pools, departing and returning at various times.

** TOP SECRET ** I might be able to talk my parents into letting a few of my friends stay overnight at their home in Hurricane, free of charge...
Jan 28, 2011, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
I'm sure we can arrange car pools, departing and returning at various times.

** TOP SECRET ** I might be able to talk my parents into letting a few of my friends stay overnight at their home in Hurricane, free of charge...
I'll see what I can do about the Parental-unit's condo again too (if we need it)! Sounds like the bomb..
Jan 28, 2011, 09:57 AM
Jeremy D Stott
Quote:
Mike if I could catch a ride I "Might" be able to pull that off. Would need to be home that night probably.

Its scary that I am looking at some of my rc stuff and thinking what I would have to sell to get a Super Sweet DLG!!!!

That's just sick!
Jan 28, 2011, 10:12 AM
excelling at mediocrity
Quote:
...Its scary that I am looking at some of my rc stuff and thinking what I would have to sell to get a Super Sweet DLG!!!!
Don't be scared... do it and don't look back.
Jan 28, 2011, 01:38 PM
Mike M.
Thread OP
Anybody up for BDO at 1:00 today?
Jan 28, 2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherhunter View Post
Don't be scared... do it and don't look back.
Aint gonna happen. No way I can part with my combat stuff or the big E Warbirds and scale ships. Or the Funster Of Love!!!!! Just too much fun!!!!!

So until I find some Yanks blowing out their "Old" DLG's I will be happy with my Topsky!!!!! As an added bonus flying it against all those better planes will just make me a better pilot as I try and keep up. But as for now, I suck at DLG......

Hopefully when Jim leaves us and goes to the crappy Midwest he wont have room for his DLG's and will have to sell me another bird.
Jan 28, 2011, 04:13 PM
I could pick up an AR600 full range reciever and at least stick one antenna out of the fuse on the Vandal... What do you guys think? Not worth the risk? Or should I be cool? The longshot has a fiberglass pod with carbon "spars" going down both sides, I was using an old AR6100 (DSM1), and kept both antenna's inside, and never had a problem... Just wanna get her working.
Jan 28, 2011, 04:16 PM
Limbo with 30,000V...
Quote:

Hopefully when Jim leaves us and goes to the crappy Midwest he wont have room for his DLG's and will have to sell me another bird.
Nice try Jon, ain't gonna happen though. I'd leave a lot of things out here before the DLG's.
Jan 28, 2011, 04:45 PM
Mike make sure you check in at the point of the mtn and get your pass before you come down to rebel country. Either that or hire a Rebel friend as your guide, otherwise risk a fine and prison time.

You will be able to find better pilots, but you wont find more fun!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply