Jan 10, 2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted
CA is Cyanoacrylate - AKA "super glue". Good luck in your repair.

Ted
Thanks a lot for the info, Ted! One more question... Do you think I need the 'industrial' version, or will regular 'over-the-counter' Super Glue work?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2011, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pokey
Was afraid of that

That is good to hear. With any luck the same controller will also work on the S105 rebrand/clone/counterfeit that I just ordered.
Probably will. My R3 is an S107 the R5 I think is a re-branded S105G. Got it at Fry's a week or so before Christmas. The board looked like an authentic one so I figured it was a rebrand with a slightly different canopy. someone posted about the 105 now available with gyro. When I looked into that, low and behold, my canopy is a repainted 105. go figure.
I'm betting any Syma manufactured 107 (and now 105), regardless of the package, will accept the same controller.
Jan 10, 2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark stranger
The tail rotor I used was from a 'Black Ghost' Picco clone.

No need to swap polarity on the tail motor!

I am honestly shocked at the difference it has made to the forward / backward speed of the S107. The Picco tail rotor blades are much wider with a more extreme pitch.

Highly recommended!
From what you say, it sounds as if this really is an easy mod. Willing to confirm or deny this conclusion?
Jan 10, 2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutfrenzy
will taking the weights off the flybar affect its performance?
In my experience, yes. I removed tail supports and flybar weights and the heli moves much faster but not always where I want it to go. Also swings a lot in hover.

Speed: Up
Stability: Down
Jan 10, 2011, 01:24 PM
Per Ardua ad Astra
Hi Guys

I fly mine with the boom supports removed, flybar weights removed, and an extra 1g weight in the nose.

It now hovers with the right stick back at 45deg, and just about creeps backwards with the stick fully back.

It really depends on what you want to fly. The 107S is super stable in stock form and a great learning tool, but if you want more forward flight ...move the C of G further forward.

You do need a bigger open space with these mods though
Jan 10, 2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanswarm
From what you say, it sounds as if this really is an easy mod. Willing to confirm or deny this conclusion?
Took about 10 seconds to do! Pic of tail rotor and video showing increase in speed below. (click on bottom picture)

Last edited by dark stranger; Jan 10, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
Jan 10, 2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark stranger
Took about 10 seconds to do! Pic of tail rotor and video showing increase in speed below.
Whoa! That's pretty fast. Faster than mine after removing the weights and tail decorations. And still looks stable. So does the rotor just pop right off?
Jan 10, 2011, 02:21 PM
I just got my S107 today.

Charged it, took about 30 minutes to charge.

Flew it, and it was a bit tail heavy. Would drift backwards without stick input.

5 minute flight on the first.

Charged it again, and flew it after removing the tail support and decorations.

Flew forward quite a bit faster, and now I have the opposite issue, it goes forward without stick input.

OH well, I can get it hovering just fine with a little backwards stick.

6 minute flight on the second. Flew them until I noticed a drop in power, then immediately stopped flying.

Fun little heli.

I had to trim it all the way to the right to make it stop spinning, and for some reason the TX wouldn't work right off.

Played with the batteries and it works now. Not sure what was going on there.

Looking at stepping up from here.
Jan 10, 2011, 02:22 PM
mine seems faster with the rotor the other way up to yours. have you tried the rotor on upside down?
Jan 10, 2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick24
mine seems faster with the rotor the other way up to yours. have you tried the rotor on upside down?
here is a pic to show you what i mean
Jan 10, 2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick24
It only goes on one way. There is only a hole one side of the rotor.
Jan 10, 2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx997303
I just got my S107 today.
I had to trim it all the way to the right to make it stop spinning
Mine is the same, I have to trim it almost fully clockwise.
Nothing to worry about as once you get the 'sweet spot' it doesn't ever need adjusting.
Jan 10, 2011, 03:54 PM
Yep, just got mine and its definitely a spinner. Oh well, atleast I can get some decent parts off of it. I really like the silver!
Jan 10, 2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeros
Hey guys, I took a look at the board on this Protocol Thunderjet and it says S105R3 and is green. I'm assuming this is the s105 board without a gyro, but can anyone verify this? I cant seem to be able to find out any info about it. The heli does have the LEDs on the sides, so I'm pretty sure its a 105, but wanted to see if it has a gyro. If I look at the board, where exactly is the gyro and what should it look like? A picture would be great. Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just trying to figure this out. BTW the canopy is silver and looks like its from a S107. I think that's what threw me off to think it was a S107.

EDIT: Definitely no gyro. I just flew it for the first time and it is a spin machine. I adjust the trim one way and it just spins the other way. I cant seem to be able to get it to just hover.
See thread above
Jan 10, 2011, 04:06 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!

Boycott: Xheli

Xheli is sending dead S107s' out the door...then not replying to emails or phone calls.

FAIL.

Quick Reply