Dec 31, 2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_
And do not forget to interchange mechanically AIL/PIT servo when you switch ELEV R. gyro function, because that switch only affect the ELEV servo itself, not the function.
Err... Sorry for my stupid question, but how do you interchange mechanically AIL/PIT servo? By reversing the connector?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2010, 10:16 PM
Addicted Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85
Err... Sorry for my stupid question, but how do you interchange mechanically AIL/PIT servo? By reversing the connector?
Yes just interchange the position on the heli and the control horns obviously. Exchanging the plug positions will achieves the same thing. This configuration leaves Aileron function unchanged but reverses the Elevator and Pitch function of those 2 servos. They will then match the reversed Aileron servo. You will need to reverse pitch in Swash mixing (negative values) or alternatively reversing the pitch curves. I think using negative values in wash mixing is easier.
Last edited by ri0grand; Dec 31, 2010 at 10:24 PM.
Dec 31, 2010, 10:18 PM
Hey all, I haven't really gotten many replies in my thread for my next heli. And have no clue where else to ask!

I am current flying a D01 and D02 I have a 2801pro. I want something a little more capable of wind. I love my D02, but have been bummed cause the last few days have been windy!

Is prefer a bind and fly and walkera since I have the tx.

I considered the 450 but I'm having triple convincing myself to purchase such a large heli since I started on the 120 and am used to the 120. My other idea was the 4F200, buy wasn't sure if it were big enough. Any of you all have ideas?
Jan 01, 2011, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14
Hey all, I haven't really gotten many replies in my thread for my next heli. And have no clue where else to ask!

I am current flying a D01 and D02 I have a 2801pro. I want something a little more capable of wind. I love my D02, but have been bummed cause the last few days have been windy!

Is prefer a bind and fly and walkera since I have the tx.

I considered the 450 but I'm having triple convincing myself to purchase such a large heli since I started on the 120 and am used to the 120. My other idea was the 4F200, buy wasn't sure if it were big enough. Any of you all have ideas?
What about a HM 1#A ?
Jan 01, 2011, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100
What about a HM 1#A ?
Is it 3d as well? Like I said I love my D02 but is also like something bigger.

Essentially I love my V120D02 cause I can fly it in my hangar at the local airport 2 miles from my house. I can fly it in my yard, or even mess around in my living room. Originally I wanted to stick to just micro helis as I am leaving for the USAF soon and will be limited on room to store them. However now that I have been flying my D02, I do want something big strictly for when I DO have a big area to fly!
Jan 01, 2011, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14
Is it 3d as well? Like I said I love my D02 but is also like something bigger.

Essentially I love my V120D02 cause I can fly it in my hangar at the local airport 2 miles from my house. I can fly it in my yard, or even mess around in my living room. Originally I wanted to stick to just micro helis as I am leaving for the USAF soon and will be limited on room to store them. However now that I have been flying my D02, I do want something big strictly for when I DO have a big area to fly!
Yes it's a CP as well. I think wow has them for like $135. All it really needs better tail servo to make it an awesome flyer
Jan 01, 2011, 02:21 AM
Err... Dunno about HM1#A, but I'm terribly in love with my Trex 250...
Jan 01, 2011, 05:41 AM
Walkera Club Hungary
Did anybody change motor pinion gear of V450? I see on helipal's spare parts pinion gears from 11T to 13T. What is the effect of more and less T pinion gear in flight?
Jan 01, 2011, 08:18 PM
Using bigger pinion like 13T, gives you faster head speed. But you need a "powerful" motor to deliver the extra speed.

V450 needs to replace the motor anyway, that stock motor shaft is too soft to deliver 450 helicopter power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevee
Did anybody change motor pinion gear of V450? I see on helipal's spare parts pinion gears from 11T to 13T. What is the effect of more and less T pinion gear in flight?
Jan 02, 2011, 05:03 AM
Hi Jwmflying14,
Why shouldn't you buy the V450D01? Walkera these days makes awesome heli's, you can not compare them anymore with earlier models. The 450 is super steady and easy to fly. You could even say it is almost to easy to learn hovering with it (as it has the RX-2702V with the 3-axis stabilizing gyro). If you crank the stabilizing gyro's all the way up you can fly it even on windy days.
Jan 02, 2011, 05:18 AM
Walkera Club Hungary
Hy deeheli!

Does V450 need faster head speed? I read that stock version isn't underpowered to fly 3d.
What do you recommend? Which is the best motor for V450?
Jan 02, 2011, 05:36 AM
check out for the videos and then you can decide by yourself about the power of the stock motor.
mine is flying great - no need for extra power
Jan 02, 2011, 10:50 AM
what aftermarket bllades do you guys recomend .
Jan 02, 2011, 11:00 AM
I mean, the stock motor shaft is too soft, get a better motor which use a proper steel shaft =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevee
Hy deeheli!

Does V450 need faster head speed? I read that stock version isn't underpowered to fly 3d.
What do you recommend? Which is the best motor for V450?
Jan 03, 2011, 05:04 AM
Hi deeheli,
Too soft? So you think the shaft in the brushless motor bends?
Now that is one thing I would like to see happening :-)

Quick Reply