Jun 01, 2010, 07:02 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike
DAG looking forward to seeing you at NEAT this year with the emmasille. The Rainbow twins will be there as well as hopefully the XF-11. Keep rocking on
This is sooooo coool.

There is a ton of people I know from here, and SEFF that is going to NEAT.

Very Cool.....

Can't wait for NEAT.

Rock On!

Got to ask... What are the Rainbow Twins???

DAG
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2010, 07:05 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpotter187
Dag, you going to Warbirds over Delaware next Month (July 7-10)?
Not sure,

I am traveling a bunch for my company the first 2 weeks of July, I got to hit Denver, Seattle, and Vancouver Washington about then. I will see.

Also, the Emmaselle is not a war bird, but I guess I could add a WWI gun on the top of the fuse front.

Rock On!
Dag
Jun 01, 2010, 07:11 PM
Hi Dag,

The rainbow twins are Zeke Brubaker of Park Scale Models (zbrubaker), and CapMike here on RCG. Very cool guys and cool planes too. Check this out: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932008

Also, since this is my first post in your thread, I gotta say your work is amazing. Keep rockin on.

Sean
Jun 01, 2010, 07:12 PM
Foam bounces...
Don't feed the troll.

EDIT - Probably should have quoted.

Just thinking out loud here after looking at the drawing, but when you mount large scale motors and props, are people using rubber washers etc. to try and knock out any vibration? Obviously, if you're balancing props correctly, the vibration should be minimal, but any imbalance in a prop that size could cause some decent vibration.
Jun 01, 2010, 07:14 PM
Airplane crasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214

Got to ask... What are the Rainbow Twins???

DAG
The Rainbow twins are the Republic XF-12 Rainbows built by myself and Zeke Brubaker. We had them at the American Airpower Museum at Republic Airfield in Farmingdale, N.Y. here are a couple pictures. Sorry about the beautiful women holding them
Jun 01, 2010, 07:14 PM
Airplane crasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbs
Don't feed the troll.
I hear you on that.
Jun 01, 2010, 07:15 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by qandaenergy
Hi Dag,

The rainbow twins are Zeke Brubaker of Park Scale Models (zbrubaker), and CapMike here on RCG. Very cool guys and cool planes too. Check this out: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932008

Also, since this is my first post in your thread, I gotta say your work is amazing. Keep rockin on.

Sean
Holy poop Batman I feel stupid, I have been following his thread. Just to much to remember. I follow like 20 threads here. Information overload.....

And thanks for the post. This thread really rocks, and so does all the wonderful people, and a bunch of "great guys".

Rock Onward, and stay cool.

Dag
Jun 01, 2010, 07:18 PM
Its all fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbs
Don't feed the troll.
And rather than quote the troll in your replies (which exposes his garbage to the many of us who have him on our ignore lists), can you please report him for trolling, so the mods can cut him off at the knees?

Thanks
Jun 01, 2010, 07:20 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
The Rainbow twins are the Republic XF-12 Rainbows built by myself and Zeke Brubaker. We had them at the American Airpower Museum at Republic Airfield in Farmingdale, N.Y. here are a couple pictures. Sorry about the beautiful women holding them

Ok..... wait just one minute...... pleeeeeease tell me that those 2 hot gals will not be at NEAT, if so I have no way of knowing 110% that I can keep my eyes on my Emmaselle. I don't want that 5+ years of building the Emmaselle to end out of a momentary metal lack of concentration.

Oh... and cool plane

Dag
Jun 01, 2010, 07:20 PM
Airplane crasher
Thanks for the comment about my thread. I didn't know you were following it. If you want to see more of the girls just go to www.warbirdpinups.com and get the calander. They really rocked and were great with the planes. Hmm wonder if we can get them to come to NEAT as well
mike
Jun 01, 2010, 07:22 PM
Airplane crasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214

Ok..... wait just one minute...... pleeeeeease tell me that those 2 hot gals will not be at NEAT, if so I have no way of knowing 110% that I can keep my eyes on my Emmaselle. I don't want that 5+ years of building the Emmaselle to end out of a momentary metal lack of concentration.

Oh... and cool plane

Dag
We can only hope they will be there. I know the red headed one and she is also a photographer, so HMMMM
By the way. FPV and you wont be seeing them much from 300' in the air
Last edited by CapMike; Jun 01, 2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: addition
Jun 01, 2010, 07:33 PM
What's that button do?
Wow CapMike, that Rainbow is a BEAUTIFUL work of art!
Jun 01, 2010, 07:33 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonystott
And rather than quote the troll in your replies (which exposes his garbage to the many of us who have him on our ignore lists), can you please report him for trolling, so the mods can cut him off at the knees?

Thanks
Hey Tony,
Just a slight derail...

A gal that lives 2 houses down from my had a bit of a story.

Her dad was stationed in New Zealand during WWII, he was flying B-17s (if I remember right) , well he was on leave and met a great gal from Australia, they liked each other and said they would right and meet up after the war, well they are still married today. The gal from down the street has a cool book about all the American pilots that were stationed down there. I had no idea that the army air corp was in New Zealand during WWII.

I love learning things I had never even heard of.

Rock On!
Dag
Jun 01, 2010, 07:41 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Thanks for the comment about my thread. I didn't know you were following it. If you want to see more of the girls just go to www.warbirdpinups.com and get the calander. They really rocked and were great with the planes. Hmm wonder if we can get them to come to NEAT as well
mike
If I remember right you planked all your fuse, that gave me the inspiration I needed to plank the tight curves on my 36. I think you planked your fuse...

And I will get the Calendar tomorrow

Thanks, Dag
Jun 01, 2010, 07:45 PM
Rock on.
Last edited by matthew73; Jun 04, 2010 at 01:20 AM.

Quick Reply