May 06, 2010, 12:46 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolp View Post
can this work with a ps3 controler and usb my dx5e isn't here yet
If the controller looks like a dual-joystick to Windows, it should work fine.
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2010, 12:55 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
OK folks, the T-28 is much better now. The elevator action that bothered me was too much throw. All seems OK now. Download again if you want the change.

I also timed the 2nd model conversion from beginning to end and the conversion from the FMS model in Metasequoia LE to the RCDP took about 67 minutes. Much faster than the first one. It took 17 minutes to generate the control surface pieces, 7 minutes to copy a .par file from another model and edit it with Windows Notepad and 43 minutes to place the 3D objects, adjust their positions, move the collision points, adjust the flight parameters, test fly, adjust, repeat until finished. Not too bad. Of course more complex models might take longer.

So here's model number 2 for your testing. This model is considerably faster than the T-28, has 3 channels A/E/T, aileron, elevator and throttle and needs full throttle when hand launching and a quick move to the elevator to keep it off the ground. (Just like the real thing) But what a fun airplane to fly. I have this one and it really gets your adrenaline pumping.

Here's the latest RCDP model the ParkZone P-51 Brushless

I hope you enjoy it.

-- ggunners

P.S. GF, awesome work my friend. I have to congratulate you on a well done airplane editor and from my rigorous testing, practically bug free. You da man!
Last edited by ggunners; May 06, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
May 06, 2010, 01:46 PM
3dhs coolaid drinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggunners View Post
If the controller looks like a dual-joystick to Windows, it should work fine.
im running windows 7 it downloaded fine but i have no controls, my comp recognizes the ps3 controller but i get nothing.
May 06, 2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
im running windows 7 it downloaded fine but i have no controls, my comp recognizes the ps3 controller but i get nothing.
ok try setting chanel 6 as aerlons chanel 7 as elevator, set throttle chanel 1 and rudder chanel 2. that should work if not it is just fiddling with the control settings till surfaces are correct.

i just plugged my saitek cyborg rumble pad in and it worked fine (vista) but did need the in-sim controls sorted out.

also be sure to click the two expo tabs on rudder and elevator
May 06, 2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
OK folks, the T-28 is much better now. The elevator action that bothered me was too much throw. All seems OK now. Download again if you want the change.

I also timed the 2nd model conversion from beginning to end and the conversion from the FMS model in Metasequoia LE to the RCDP took about 67 minutes. Much faster than the first one. It took 17 minutes to generate the control surface pieces, 7 minutes to copy a .par file from another model and edit it with Windows Notepad and 43 minutes to place the 3D objects, adjust their positions, move the collision points, adjust the flight parameters, test fly, adjust, repeat until finished. Not too bad. Of course more complex models might take longer.

So here's model number 2 for your testing. This model is considerably faster than the T-28, has 3 channels A/E/T, aileron, elevator and throttle and needs full throttle when hand launching and a quick move to the elevator to keep it off the ground. (Just like the real thing) But what a fun airplane to fly. I have this one and it really gets your adrenaline pumping.

Here's the latest RCDP model the ParkZone P-51 Brushless

I hope you enjoy it.

-- ggunners

P.S. GF, awesome work my friend. I have to congratulate you on a well done airplane editor and from my rigorous testing, practically bug free. You da man!
hi ggunners

problem with PZ p-51

downloaded and extracted folder when opening there are two par files.

pz-p51-bl.par
pz-p51-bl(2).par ( this is not in the main pz-p51-bl folder and not the internal folder holding all other par and.x files)

loading up sim and selecting pz p-51 file results in a sim crash. centre box is blue with black edges no control panel and has to be esc to shutdown sim.

could the problem be the second par file ?
May 06, 2010, 02:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Gary, you've made my day!
Two great planes! Flying the T-28 is really relaxing! Makes me want to buy a real one.
I bet flying the P-51 is less relaxing.
The only thing I changed on the T-28 is increased the pitch damping (slightly) and yaw damping (a bit more): when giving full rudder or elevator and releasing it suddenly, the plane tended to oscillate.

Thank you for the report of the error in the roll damping slider. It is fixed now for the next release. And thanks for the overview of parameters in the different models.

I will also try the include a feature to easily copy the flight model parameters from another model, that will save you another 7 minutes

I'll release a final version 0.1.3 as soon as possible so you (and other builders?) will have a larger audience for your models. There's a few bugs that need sorting out (e.g. I tried to modify it to run on older graphics cards, but made it worse).

Thank you and everyone trying to build models for taking the time and having the courage for being guinea pigs. I hope the experience hasn't been too frustrating.

Quote:
First check whether the controller appears in the "printers and devices" list of Windows. Double click it and try the calibration wizard.

Next run the sim and go to the Controls menu. On the right you should see four of the eight bars move when you move your sticks. Next, move the sticks one by one and on the left of the screen, assign the moving channel to the control of your preference.

Hope this helps,
Davy
May 06, 2010, 02:25 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiyaCowboy View Post
hi ggunners problem with PZ p-51
downloaded and extracted folder when opening there are two par files.
pz-p51-bl.par pz-p51-bl(2).par ( this is not in the main pz-p51-bl folder and not the internal folder holding all other par and.x files) loading up sim and selecting pz p-51 file results in a sim crash. centre box is blue with black edges no control panel and has to be esc to shutdown sim. could the problem be the second par file ?
Yes, I did not get the updated .par in the right folder. If you delete the oldest and copy the newest to the sub-dir, you should be OK. Will fix soon.

-- ggunners
May 06, 2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Yes, I did not get the updated .par in the right folder. If you delete the oldest and copy the newest to the sub-dir, you should be OK. Will fix soon.

-- ggunners
deleted old par and copy pasted new par. loading up still gives sim crash.

i shall wait. and wicked job with the new models they are very nice.
May 06, 2010, 03:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
deleted old par and copy pasted new par. loading up still gives sim crash.

i shall wait. and wicked job with the new models they are very nice.
It worked for me when I just unzipped the P-51 folder and not the separate par.

Davy
May 06, 2010, 03:47 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
Quote:
deleted old par and copy pasted new par. loading up still gives sim crash. i shall wait. and wicked job with the new models they are very nice.
OK, the .zip files have been corrected. In addition, the .pdf file for the RC Desk Pilot Flight Parameters has been updated with the P-51 and I added in the weight, wing/vert areas, moments and thrust.

If you know how a cessna model, glider model, large extra and a fast and slow foamy warbird fly, the .par comparisons will help you zero in on a close match.

-- ggunners
May 06, 2010, 05:48 PM
3dhs coolaid drinker
on the sim it says ps3 controller but still dont work, and it is in my devices&printers
May 06, 2010, 06:49 PM
OK dumb question, Where do I put the new airplane (T-28, P-51) files to use with RCDP?

So far I really like this sim. Keep up the great work.
May 06, 2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
on the sim it says ps3 controller but still dont work, and it is in my devices&printers
Were you able to run the windows calibration? (select device and hit properties) or view a test screen showing the ps3 controller interacting with the your pc?
Have you used it with other games/programs?
I googled "ps3 controller windows 7" and found several driver programs and procedures for getting the ps3 controller to work properly with a pc. You may have to look into that if you have not already.
Wish I could help more... good luck.

ggunners, very nice planes and many thanks for all your contributions.
I just flew your p-51 and there was no rudder control. <rudderefficiency>0</rudderefficiency> Is that correct?
It does fly well without a rudder any how.
I want one of these now too!

Geek, Unzip the file/ whole folder to C:\Program Files\RC Desk Pilot\aircraft\ (this is the default location).
Your's may be different depending on where you installed RC Desk Pilot. Look for the other plane folders and place the new folder next to the others.
If you want... for future ease, right click on the "aircraft" folder and create desktop shortcut. You can then drag and drop new plane folders on the shortcut with out having to find it each time.
Last edited by Eves; May 06, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
May 06, 2010, 08:31 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eves View Post
ggunners, very nice planes and many thanks for all your contributions. I just flew your p-51 and there was no rudder control. <rudderefficiency>0</rudderefficiency> Is that correct? It does fly well without a rudder any how. I want one of these now too!
Yes, it is 3 channel A/E/T with an optional rudder. I still have the stock one because I get jazzed enough without the rudder. I will work my way up to it at some future date. It is quite freaky to point it straight up and have it go there.

-- ggunners
May 06, 2010, 09:10 PM
3dhs coolaid drinker
no, it seem's like its not hooked up, even thugh it say's it is.. this is really frustrating, i think im going to have no other alternative but to wait till i get my dx5e....

Quick Reply