Apr 14, 2010, 10:32 AM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher
Hacker and Axi are both actually produced in China, management and design for both companies is in the Europe.

If a motor is actually produced in Europe, the price will leave no question about it. Plettenberg.
And that motor line is a serious "Boutique" motor.

No doubt very good, but also very limited in audience.

regarding the Axi line, you will find some who refuse to believe that axi's are no longer made in the Chech Republic, but if given more than a cursitory eye, one can see that Axi, KMS and Eflite's have more than a passing resemblance.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2010, 10:39 AM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppertn
No, I didn't mean that to be derogatory in any way. I just know you have a collection of Infinite motors and figured you'd have one for the SC. I've never tried one so I have no basis to say anything negative. That really wasn't meant to be an attack of any kind.

The whole Infinite/Scorpion thing is totally moot as far as I'm concerned. Non-issue. There seem to be a couple of folks out there who get the impression that they are re-branded Scorpions and I feel some small moral obligation to butt in with my two cents when that comes up (as I guess you've seen), but otherwise I couldn't care less. Use what works for you, bro. They are nice lookin' motors.

kendall
Kendall,

its all good bro!

I like them. To me, they are a very nicely put together/machined motor line. I am buying up all I can for current and future builds.

This is perhaps the one BIG reason that I have so many larger planes now.
If I went name brand, top of the line for all my electronics, there is no way I could justify equipping 6 70+ inch planes, numerous 46 and 50 sized planes etc. I pick and choose what to install based on experience both from myself and others on the groups.

These Infinte's impress me and thats why I use them.

I also like Scorpion motors and tend to be real selective of where I put them in, ie to fit a specific purpose. Scorp 4025/10 in my Sundowner 50 because I wanted speed, high power capacity, and tons of amp handling.

BlueCor, when is my 330sc shipping
Apr 14, 2010, 11:38 AM
KB3VOJ
Mine is in Laurel MD, heading my way for tomorrow delivery, OH YEA! I better decide on a motor quickly. I am leaning toward the Scorpion S-4020-12 with a 15x8E prop. Looks like 64mph Pitch speed, 4.6kg of thrust, 64 amps (1181W) at only 42degC @85%Eff and lots of headroom left over. I have scorpions on my helicopters and have had no problems with them.

Is there a big concern with the shaft mounted prop adapters? What happens if you thow a prop adapter? Will it cause any damage on the way out? Wouldn't you just dead stick it unless you are in a hover, or am I missing something? I could dead stick a plane on our field with an almost 100% success rate in my sleep. I learned to fly years ago on 1/2 A planes that land normally dead stick every time, and practicing auto-rotations every day I fly doesn't hurt either.
Last edited by cherokee180c; Apr 14, 2010 at 11:47 AM.
Apr 14, 2010, 03:07 PM
Go Hawks!
The only concern with shaft mounted prop adapters is if you don't have them on tight enough.

I've never had one slip off..knock on wood.

Dead sticking a landing isn't a big deal, but as you pointed out, if in a hover low to the ground, not much you can do.
Apr 15, 2010, 01:05 PM
with all the wind, no maiden is in sight. so i started on the new graphics for the SC. turns out my covering skills are FAR inferior to that of a chinease woman....
and its wanting to seperate when i try to pull the added covering back off...hope i can save the wings.
Apr 15, 2010, 01:16 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS
...turns out my covering skills are FAR inferior to that of a chinease woman....
I feel your pain, bro.

kendall
Apr 15, 2010, 08:30 PM
spitfire thunders superior
Covering is an artform I can't get. I am just happy if a patch job holds the bulk of rip and pretend the edges arnt peeling. Most people just humor me......still cant upload vid.(really its because I'm not that good).
Zeb
Apr 15, 2010, 08:34 PM
Account Closed
I would like to see the process of putting together a covering package such as one on the 57 SC. I am pretty sure they aren't cutting the pieces individually and putting them on, I bet they have a template of the plane flattened out and they cut it out on that. It seems possible that you could take a large sheet of paper and fold it over the plane to make a template, but I am sure it is more complicated than that. Anyone ever see a video tutorial?
Apr 15, 2010, 09:10 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.d
I would like to see the process of putting together a covering package such as one on the 57 SC. I am pretty sure they aren't cutting the pieces individually and putting them on, I bet they have a template of the plane flattened out and they cut it out on that. It seems possible that you could take a large sheet of paper and fold it over the plane to make a template, but I am sure it is more complicated than that. Anyone ever see a video tutorial?
I'm pretty sure it's pieces applied individually to the components of the plane. The tougher/larger planes they work in teams. Remember that this is their job, doing it many hours every day. Uber skills would result just because of the time spent practicing.
Apr 15, 2010, 09:22 PM
Again, I suck at covering, but what I've been able to learn so far tells me that the best results come from making the iron cooler than you think it has to be and going slower that you can stand to go.

I have a FB who recently built a Stevens Aero Shaft as his first kit. His first go at a covering job and turned out fantastic. I should get him to teach me.

kendall
Apr 15, 2010, 10:18 PM
Back when I first started flying, I had a H9 Twist, and then bought a H9 Funtana 90. I dinged up the Twist and had to repair and recover, so I figured I'd recover the Twist to look as close to the Funtana as possible. You know, big bro little bro sorta thing I soon found out covering is more of an art form. And as Kendall said, lower heat, slow(real slow)and steady, stretch the covering as best you can and don't worry about initial wrinkles as long as the seam is clean. It turned out pretty good as it was my first recover job. But it took me about 25 hours............... which is wwwaaaaayyyyy to long for me to ever attempt it again.
If I need a repair now, I only remove whatever covering is absolutely needed, and then just a minimal patch of the same color. It's kinda like scars on a person. Adds character and is often a conversation starter.
Last edited by ssflylow; Apr 15, 2010 at 10:25 PM.
Apr 15, 2010, 10:30 PM
To me, every day is Saturday

Kahlil Gibran quote

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.”

gb
Apr 17, 2010, 11:30 AM
KB3VOJ
Now I am really pissed! I finally decided on the Scorpion S-4020-12 motor and placed the order with Innov8tive designs. The website appeared through the entire ordering process that it was in stock and I paid fully with paypal. I then get an email the next day telling me the motor is out of stock and I am on a waiting list. I have sent an email to Lucien explaining that I never backorder anything on the internet and he needs to cancel my order and pay me back immediately. Let's see what happens. I am sick of all these companies selling things they don't have and not making it clear to the buyer what they are agreeing to. I am now the happy owner of two other Scorpion motors, but will never buy another if they don't handle this in a professional manner. Stay tuned.
Apr 17, 2010, 11:36 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Why would you come on here and slam a retailler before giving them the chance to deal with your situation......especially one that is known for customer service?
Latest blog entry: Colour Schemes
Apr 17, 2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee180c
I have sent an email to Lucien explaining that I never backorder anything on the internet and he needs to cancel my order and pay me back immediately. Let's see what happens.
Lucien just got back from a whirlwind business tour of China, then Toledo, and now gearing up for SEFF. Give him a little time. I have every expectation that you'll be satisfied. Simple as that. You're not dealing with HobbyCity here.

RCDude.com has them in stock if you don't want to wait.

kendall

Quick Reply