Mar 23, 2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFedDSM View Post
Congrats on your successful maiden.
CHEERS BUD got 2 flights on it now 2nd was a lot better with cg in right place and less throws using about 15ish mm low rate 20 high dont now if its exact not measured just a guess roll rate is insane on high,nice inverted as well you will like it a lot.

hope you get yours airborne soon you will love it
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2010, 09:00 AM
Foam abuser!
Congrats on the maiden foxy!

Pat
Mar 23, 2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Congrats on the maiden foxy!

Pat
thanks pat hopfully get some more in tommoro and dial it in a bit more.

got to get some sleep been up all night cutting and stickin and most of today and most of yesterday afternoon as well, phew
Mar 23, 2010, 03:49 PM
Foam abuser!
I know how you feel. I did an SR-71 in the mini size, and then crashed it at the EF Expo in Phoenix last weekend. Stayed up late that Friday night to get another one cut out, then flew #2 on Sunday.

Pat
Mar 25, 2010, 03:42 AM
im putting together an f15 of these plans but 6mm and going mental with the motor a cf2812 bit heavy and a 1300 3s on a 5x4 or a 6x5 and using epoxy all round shud be insane if it flys lol it's not that much smaller than my freeair su27

lol prop came loose and it got its nose broke oops

was thinking of putting one of these motors on the 22 ether a 2500kv 20g or a 3000kv look like blue wonders and can run 3s which my turnigy cant,but still very quick on 2s cos of its high kv of 3800

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=1686

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=1937
Last edited by foxy29; Mar 26, 2010 at 11:33 AM.
Mar 26, 2010, 12:19 PM
have you flown yours yet forcefeddsm?? flown mine load's now, gotta love long max tipple 5c charge batts. I charge a 2amp,max my charger does and they are done in like 12mins need more of em like 10 lol, and take my 12v batts out of an old leccy bike and charge at the field WHEN summer get here if it does lol. Just need some kind of trailer for my push bike bit hard ridding with 2 somtimes 3 planes in one hand steering with the other and tryng to stop my planes blowing away. The place i fly aint far 500m away but i have to use my bike to climb over the big spikey school fence, no one bothers me police dog section lives near by and walks his dogs on there never says nowt neither does the schools security guard sits and watches me most times,and no kids comes up asking to have a go cos they cant get over the fence so its a good place. there is a flying club just round the corner that im gonna join but bit point less with only 2 batts for the half mile ride down a busy 60mph road with my plane's in one hand
Mar 26, 2010, 12:21 PM
Foam abuser!
I love the 5C charge rate lipos. I'm using the Hyperion G3 3S 450 in my planes, and charge at 2.2 amps. Done in 12-15 minutes. I love it!

Pat
Mar 26, 2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
I love the 5C charge rate lipos. I'm using the Hyperion G3 3S 450 in my planes, and charge at 2.2 amps. Done in 12-15 minutes. I love it!

Pat
i know i love em and these were cheap as chips as well £4.49 for 500mah and 5.10 for 800 which i wish i got now ggrr i cant find longmax tipples cheaper any where brilliant shop is giantcod(strange name tho lol) im just sticking decals on and il put a pic up
Mar 28, 2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy29 View Post
have you flown yours yet forcefeddsm?? flown mine load's now, gotta love long max tipple 5c charge batts. I charge a 2amp,max my charger does and they are done in like 12mins need more of em like 10 lol, and take my 12v batts out of an old leccy bike and charge at the field WHEN summer get here if it does lol. Just need some kind of trailer for my push bike bit hard ridding with 2 somtimes 3 planes in one hand steering with the other and tryng to stop my planes blowing away. The place i fly aint far 500m away but i have to use my bike to climb over the big spikey school fence, no one bothers me police dog section lives near by and walks his dogs on there never says nowt neither does the schools security guard sits and watches me most times,and no kids comes up asking to have a go cos they cant get over the fence so its a good place. there is a flying club just round the corner that im gonna join but bit point less with only 2 batts for the half mile ride down a busy 60mph road with my plane's in one hand
Not yet Sounds like your trip to the field is as white knuckle as flying is
Mar 28, 2010, 02:19 PM
can be some times specially when the police dog guy is walking his 2 massive police Alsatians dogs when im flying,hard to keep an eye on both

i put my decals on but took them off again cos they got wet and ran cos i fly a lot in the morning when it's calm but dew on the ground,need to seal them but ive only got some humbrol model varnish should work if its thin enuff,and im trying to find the card reader to post my pics grrrr.
Mar 28, 2010, 02:42 PM
Check your six

Nice job!

Nice job Foxy! I especially like the panel lines you added. I have flown mine extensively and find it one of my favorites. I'm sure she'll be one of your favorites too. I like to chase my Buddy Fran's F22. Lots'a fun! The next one I do will have a deeper fuse to aid in installing and removing the flight packs. I have since added decals and tape to the leading edge of the wing. As you can see from the photo it's easy to damage it. The tape helps alot. I recommend it. Marty
Mar 28, 2010, 04:03 PM
yea it is eazy to damage all the damage done to my planes has been on the ground not even flying from getting dropped grrr i cracked the wing the other day it was rubber banded to my su27 for transport and forgot i took the band off bent over and it fell on it wing,bit of selotape fixed it tho flew straight away yay just need a bigger motor one of the 22g 2500kv ones the one ive got is a bit small 10g and my max prop is a 4x2.5 and can only run 2s still very quick if i keep it light AUW 128-30G
Mar 31, 2010, 10:30 AM
what does every one else's f22 do in high alpha?? mine sort of does it but all ways ends up going in a left hand circle even with full right stick,drop the revs and it dont have the power to alpha my other epp one did the same,and that had 2 degrees of right thrust this one has none,maybee its down to the high kv's on my motor as it all ways goes left like its due to the torque.

also just used scale and tile to shrink some euro fighter plans down to 16inch ws if you dont now of this program it takes full plans and tiles then and also can shrink them down the one i did was 30 inch ws to 16 very easy to use.
you have to email the guy to get it but its very good and very easy to use

Quick Reply