Mar 24, 2010, 03:52 PM

LX Su-47 crash video

Hello,

take a look at this:
SU-47.wmv (1 min 16 sec)

One guy from Asia had a short flight indeed - and what a crater! I wonder how he had planned to land on that sandy beach anyway, after having started from his improvised sheet runway? But a big pity for pilot and plane.

Cheers,
Henrik
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2010, 04:14 PM

Another flight analyzed

Here is another Su-47 flight from youtube:
SU-47 Berkut Maiden Video (9 min 26 sec)

Things I found noteworthy:
- After takeoff, the plane was very twitchy around the horizontal axis. Apparently, it is easy to overcontrol it with the elevator function.

- His front gear door came open during the flight.

- He had functional rudders (but whether it made a difference is not clear).

- He put his receiver in front of the battery instead of below it. That certainly was a factor in making his plane a bit nose-heavy (he wrote so in his comments).

- He taped the parachute mechanism so it couldn't deploy for fear of it deploying accidentally.

- He also felt unsure about the elevators-use-ailerons-too wiring of the plane, but, like all of us, saw the difficulty of opening up the hull.

Cheers,
Henrik
Mar 24, 2010, 04:31 PM
DJI Supporter
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges
One guy from Asia had a short flight indeed - and what a crater! I wonder how he had planned to land on that sandy beach anyway, after having started from his improvised sheet runway? But a big pity for pilot and plane.

Cheers,
Henrik
LOL that might have been the one time using the parachute would be a good idea.
Mar 24, 2010, 11:06 PM
Watts Up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways
I see someone has the Quantum telemetry on their radio...
Yeah I love it! Can't leave home without it now. A must for EDFers!
Mar 25, 2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-ster
Yeah I love it! Can't leave home without it now. A must for EDFers!
I think so too. I bought the Jeti Duplex system after having crashed my Su-34 thrice with empty batteries (the Su-34 is too much fun to land it early). I now get voltage readings of all cells of the flight lipo and the receiver battery back to the transceiver. The low-voltage audio warnings are configurable and work well.

For the Su-47, I built in a capacity measuring unit, too, which also uses the telemetric backchannel. So you know how many mAh you already used up. It makes a big difference in flying: You can extend the flight time, especially when flying at variable throttle, and you feel not anxious about just when the battery will die.

Cheers,
Henrik
Mar 28, 2010, 09:03 PM
What will happen if i reverse the wing on this plane ? make it work and try to fly.
Mar 29, 2010, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duduca
What will happen if i reverse the wing on this plane ? make it work and try to fly.
Oh, you will lose a lot of money very quickly! Please make sure to have a person making a video of this event .

SCNR,
Henrik
Mar 29, 2010, 11:08 AM
Just in case i crash my su 47, where can i buy a kit to replace the damaged one ? Body, wings, rudders, etc...
Mar 29, 2010, 05:08 PM
DJI Supporter
Thread OP
LOL get this man a link because he IS going to crash, there is no "just in case" scenario for him.
Mar 29, 2010, 10:12 PM
This edf looks awesome! Has any one used the drag chute yet?
Mar 30, 2010, 10:37 AM
Don't underestimate me sid3ways. LOL.
I fly small planes really well and i don't crash them at all, unless they fail me.
But i will use caution on my first flight, i am practicing a lot on simulators and i am doing really well on it. Even pulling up some loops and upside downs and landings are always smooth.
I will have the video for you guys.
Last edited by Duduca; Mar 30, 2010 at 02:01 PM.
Mar 30, 2010, 10:59 AM
DJI Supporter
Thread OP
I was talking about if you reverse the wing. There is 100% guarantee you will crash this thing. Under normal flight I do have some hope.
Mar 30, 2010, 05:04 PM
Bananahobby is playing the chicken game with me. They shipped me a su 47 70mm without the rudder servos. I contacted them and i was asked to make and send them a video of the parts. I sent the video and they told me, after they had examined the video and realized that was their fault, that the missing servos would be shipped from 1-3 days to me. Yesterday was day 7 and no parts. I contacted them again and the guy told me that they would send the parts within 48 hours.
Botton line, the parts were never sent out on the first time. they lied to me in first place and to be honest i think he lied again.
Mar 30, 2010, 05:29 PM
DJI Supporter
Thread OP
Welcome to BH customer service. It is the same old story over and over again. Hopefully someday they will start acting like Hobby Lobby or Tower Hobbies in that the customer service holds to its word.
Mar 31, 2010, 03:01 PM
I just made a big mistake with my SU 47. The left rudder was glued on the right side and vice-versa. I used hot glue and won't come off. What should i do ? It was too late when i realized i mistakenly switched them

Quick Reply