Dec 30, 2009, 09:58 AM
The Penultimate flyer
I just finished building and maidened a Binary 900 V2, I have to admit that I didn't enjoy building it at all. I'm use to ARF kits and simple foam wings, this thing was relatively complicated and time consuming to build.
Mine is the V2 version, so it was a little different to the version described in this thread, but I just want to say a BIG thank you to pivlrs for taking the time to do the build thread, this thread was a lot more help to me than the instructions that came with the plane.

Mines Aileron/Elevator, and I was unable to use the bottom surface of the skin as a hinge as described in the instructions, mine just snapped off. It's no big deal though, Blenderm tape works fine as a hinge.
I also decided to deviate from the instructions by placing the servos on the top of the wing.

Like I said, this was not an easy build for me...... but would I do it again ?

Absolutely, this plane is brilliant, and I haven't even had a chance to fly it as it was intended yet (as a DLG).

Peak-hobby Binary 900 V2 (1 min 51 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2009, 10:37 AM
a.k.a. Matt Nelson
Thread OP
The build of this and its big brother (Binary-III) are a little odd in the way that wing mount system goes together. Trusting that you wont glue the entire plane together is a leap of faith at first - but you get used to it after you re-attach it a few times! Other than that it's a fairly typical build.

Hey Harry (if you are reading...) I have an "extra" v1 B900 - are there any significant changes to the plane for the aileron version (v2)? For example, is there a live hinge in the wing layup, or extra thickness to the root sections, etc?

I'm tempted to build the v1 as an aileron bird...

-matt
Dec 31, 2009, 06:11 AM
Tsnake ..

Agree with you on how delicate the build is ..

I'd dented the wing surface on number of places since I was holding it too tight with my fingers while working on the wing .... maybe I should be more careful should I build my next dlg ..

here is my lame throw and catch with a lame 38 sec. flight duration .... after only 60+ throw and sore on multiple joints for beginner like me... I should say that i have a high respect to those that can endure the demand of this sports ..

-sam

SAm's Binary DLG (0 min 34 sec)
Dec 31, 2009, 09:59 AM
a.k.a. Matt Nelson
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurusaragon
I'd dented the wing surface on number of places since I was holding it too tight with my fingers while working on the wing .... maybe I should be more careful should I build my next dlg ..
Those dents are usually easy to get out. Put a wet paper towel on the dent and iron it with a covering iron - the steam penetrates the skin/foam and "re-inflates" the foam cells. You can also simply pour some boiling water on the dents.

Mine was covered with little dents after my build, but almost all of them came out.

-matt
Jan 01, 2010, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pivlrs
The build of this and its big brother (Binary-III) are a little odd in the way that wing mount system goes together. Trusting that you wont glue the entire plane together is a leap of faith at first - but you get used to it after you re-attach it a few times! Other than that it's a fairly typical build.

Hey Harry (if you are reading...) I have an "extra" v1 B900 - are there any significant changes to the plane for the aileron version (v2)? For example, is there a live hinge in the wing layup, or extra thickness to the root sections, etc?

I'm tempted to build the v1 as an aileron bird...

-matt
Happy New Year
There are two different palces for the V2.0 wing,
1. We put a Nylon sheet on the aileron hinge position.

2. We add 1 lay fiber glass clothes on the aileron servo room position ,
both sides.

Harry
Last edited by Peakha; Jan 01, 2010 at 07:23 PM.
Jan 02, 2010, 03:31 PM
just few questions:
- Why one binary 900 the elevator is not the same as binary 3?
For my building level it was the hardess to align with "rudder" and wing..
-why carbon pushrod for elevator
-why when you buy a dlg you always ahe to make the slot for the rudder? it's not better maden from factory?

JMB
Jan 06, 2010, 08:48 AM
Sometimes that is regard to the cost.
No.2 that is concern to the C.G. position of the model ,carbon pushrod is lighter than steelness pushrod for the small DLG.

Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbaur
just few questions:
- Why one binary 900 the elevator is not the same as binary 3?
For my building level it was the hardess to align with "rudder" and wing..
-why carbon pushrod for elevator
-why when you buy a dlg you always ahe to make the slot for the rudder? it's not better maden from factory?

JMB
Jan 07, 2010, 04:37 PM
flying is not a dream
a small video with the spy camera in my mooth!

binary02. - tests de lancés (2 min 15 sec)

Last edited by lebenj; Jan 07, 2010 at 04:52 PM.
Jan 08, 2010, 01:29 PM
Everything flies....
Nice video, I enjoyed that! Don't swallow the camera...

PH
Jan 11, 2010, 08:13 AM
Unfortunatly,we can not share the video from youtube here.

Harry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticHead
Nice video, I enjoyed that! Don't swallow the camera...

PH
Jan 11, 2010, 08:16 AM
flying is not a dream
and with VIMEO?

or another way???
Jan 11, 2010, 08:40 AM
flying is not a dream
in vimeo:
Binary 900V2 - 02 - tests de lancés (2 min 14 sec)
Jan 11, 2010, 07:47 PM
we can visit : www.youku.com

Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebenj
and with VIMEO?

or another way???
Jan 12, 2010, 04:49 AM
flying is not a dream
is there an english version?
because it's very hard to create an account!!!
Jan 12, 2010, 07:13 AM
that is ture,
Anyway, thanks for your video,could you send it to my e-mail box? (peakha@gmail.com)

I will upload it ,hope chinese funs can share your flight.

Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebenj
is there an english version?
because it's very hard to create an account!!!

Quick Reply