This thread is privately moderated by adreher, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 19, 2009, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
Make sure you get on their mailing list. Last week Art Supply had free shipping on all paint orders over $25. I've also bought from Chicago Airbrush and a couple of other places on line. I do cut out the 40% off coupon from both Micheals and Hobby Lobby in every Sunday's paper, stick them in my wallet and if I happen to be near one will drop in and buy one bottle of createx.

Azarr
Hobby Lobby does on-line coupons for those that don't subscribe to newspaper, unfortunately, Michael's doesn't do on-line.

Here is this weeks HL coupon, 40% of single item, better run out and grab you a bottle.

Merry Christmas
RCNXS

http://www.hobbylobby.com/weekly/weekly.cfm
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2009, 10:34 AM
This is a cool thread.

And I love your pictures.
Thanks for sharing...
Dec 22, 2009, 07:48 AM
-+- PhlatBoyz -+-
You guys might be interested in this idea of a stencil book for layered designs that you repeat or use often.
Mark
Stencil Book Idea (6 min 41 sec)
Dec 22, 2009, 10:21 AM
Thread OP
Great idea! You cold do some really sweet stuff with that!
Dec 28, 2009, 10:54 PM
3Disaster
Have u guys tried tempera paint thru an airbrush on epp. They r pretty cheap. I know that they won't last that long so a thin coat of clear coat acrylic is the ticket for longevity
Dec 30, 2009, 09:41 AM
fltlevel450
I would like to see some a Camouflag painting tips, as well something for an Mirage 2000
blue, brown , or gray the basic, we have seen pretty much everything else done can you help in this matter Thanks
Dec 30, 2009, 10:13 AM
Registered Foam Addict
Here is a Good YouTube video to help you out.

Calvin

Airbrushing - how to airbrush urban camo - camouflage (4 min 9 sec)
Last edited by rc cal; Dec 30, 2009 at 10:33 AM.
Dec 30, 2009, 11:15 AM
At least 2 mistakes high
wicked
Dec 30, 2009, 12:13 PM
Painting easy but 2 questions that make it a disaster for me.

1) You were sliding the stencil all over. If I did that I'd have a disaster of paint everywhere. How do you get away with that?

2) How does the airbrush not blow under and lift up the stencil? It looks quite light and thin or maybe it isn't?
Dec 30, 2009, 09:19 PM
RCHN #202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamArcher
Painting easy but 2 questions that make it a disaster for me.

1) You were sliding the stencil all over. If I did that I'd have a disaster of paint everywhere. How do you get away with that?

2) How does the airbrush not blow under and lift up the stencil? It looks quite light and thin or maybe it isn't?

1) Spray light, and it dries not instantly, but close.

2) You're only spraying at 20 or so psi, and a way's away from the stencil, so it won't lift. Watch some of the ed hubbs video, he specifically mentions shooting light in his real fire video's.
Jan 02, 2010, 04:08 PM
Registered Foam Addict
Here is an example of urban camo on my F22
Jan 04, 2010, 07:48 AM
Cheapo cockpits..this might have been posted but
a thanks to cybernaught for his cockpit molding tecnique. I tried the shrinking pop bottle over a couple of wooden formers.
Just using one of the cheap card craft hot air guns the pop bottles will shrink down till youve got a good finish..the big pull in at the front of a cockpit takes more heat to get a full shrink but the little craft blower will get there..
Jan 10, 2010, 04:14 PM
In the 20' glider range
I just got a Harbor Freight spray brush and want to know what viscosity should the paint be. I am using testers enamal paint. I have paint thinner, and Alcohol I can use.
Would those work?
Thanks
Jan 10, 2010, 05:43 PM
Just curious if anyone has any good ideas for homebuilt control horns mounted in depron. I keep having flex issues at high speeds/winds on my planes and need a better way of securing horns, preferably without having to buy them or add too much weight... but if thats all you got, links to those would be great too! Looking to build a 100mph plane (or as close as I can get for now). I have been using some thin plastic ones from hobby city, taping 3m strapping tape over the insertion point then cutting a small slot in the depron and tape and glueing in with ca. Maybe I should try something with some flat area on the bottom instead of just a straight horn with pins or toothpicks for more grab?? Thanks in advance!
Jan 10, 2010, 05:55 PM
Fly lower!

control horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetman123
Just curious if anyone has any good ideas for homebuilt control horns mounted in depron. I keep having flex issues at high speeds/winds on my planes and need a better way of securing horns, preferably without having to buy them or add too much weight... but if thats all you got, links to those would be great too! Looking to build a 100mph plane (or as close as I can get for now). I have been using some thin plastic ones from hobby city, taping 3m strapping tape over the insertion point then cutting a small slot in the depron and tape and glueing in with ca. Maybe I should try something with some flat area on the bottom instead of just a straight horn with pins or toothpicks for more grab?? Thanks in advance!
These would work really well with a 100 mph plane:

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...=936/101.0.1.1

and most hobby shops have them, and they are inexpensive.

Quick Reply