Dec 08, 2009, 11:06 AM
Great fun flying the tandem , and I hope HH gets the needed 250 mah batteries in the supply pipe line quickly so even more flying can be done .
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2009, 11:45 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattman
Great fun flying the tandem , and I hope HH gets the needed 250 mah batteries in the supply pipe line quickly so even more flying can be done .
Just curious, how many batteries come with the kit?
Dec 08, 2009, 03:53 PM
ONE , and a new really nice charger also .
About 7 mins of flight and around 30 - 40 mins of recharging .
Dec 08, 2009, 05:34 PM

MCX Tandem Rescue is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE this bird! Looks Great! Flies Great! SOOO FUNNN!!! It is so much better than any other Coaxiel tandem out there. It is so controlable and flies great. To me it is worth the price. I have the Revelle Firestorm (lousey) The Walkera 38 (unstable and top heavy) and the Chinook Skylift (unstable and only 3ch). The mCX Tandem rescue puts them all to shame.
Dec 08, 2009, 06:46 PM
I <3 Green Energy!!!
This helicopter is definitely a lot of fun! Have you guys tried to switch the axis of rotation during a pirouette? You can do this by giving either full forward or backward elevator depending on which axis you want the helicopter to spin on. Spinning it around the nose, then letting go of the rudder and quickly taking off forward looks pretty cool!

Take care,
Mark
Dec 08, 2009, 07:21 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Please post videos guys ! We want to see the flight of the beast !
Dec 08, 2009, 08:57 PM
Pics will come after Christmas. My wife took it away to wrap it. It's a present from her to me... Gee I wonder what it is, I can't wait to see.
Dec 10, 2009, 07:24 PM
FG
FG

esky tandem

I hate to say it but this one looks a lot better than the eflite heli. Better Tx and frame, and separate Rx and 3 in 1 and separate servos too.

http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=2732
Dec 10, 2009, 08:12 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
As far as looks go - the Eflite is the clear winner in my books.........also from vids of both I have seen - eflite looks better......... then again, I have neither.........and these are just observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4
I hate to say it but this one looks a lot better than the eflite heli. Better Tx and frame, and separate Rx and 3 in 1 and separate servos too.

Dec 10, 2009, 08:16 PM
Quote:

How about reliability and parts availability? E-Flite MCX, MSR and Tandem motors are have very long lifespan! Can the same be said about E-Sky helis?
Dec 10, 2009, 08:26 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimastep
How about reliability and parts availability? E-Flite MCX, MSR and Tandem motors are have very long lifespan! Can the same be said about E-Sky helis?
don't kid yourselves guys - in the end all that stuff is made in the same factory(s)

as far as parts go - I have a lot of Esky helis and never had problems with either availability or reliability!

One more link for the tandem:
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3753
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Dec 10, 2009, 09:11 PM
Quote:

To be honest, it did not look better to me. I think it almost always boils down to the same thing. E-flight needs to get rid of the xbox controller look on their TX's or peoples just going to keep claiming all their stuff looks like toys. Oh, I dont see how you can say the frame looks better, you cant really even see it. The wheels look tons cheaper than the ones on the tandem. No thanks, I think I will stick with e-flight on this one.

Hopefully on a happier note. I called my hobbytown again and they finally got some in so I am going down tomorrow to get one! Lets hope they still have one when I get there lol.
Dec 10, 2009, 09:17 PM
I am having fun with mine and the BoomTownHobbies Heli-Grapple Micro!
Dec 10, 2009, 09:35 PM
The Esky looks nice. It is a CH47 Chinook design, The mCX tandem is the CH46 Sea Knight design {US}, Canada calls it something different. Anyway I was Navy and flew in the 46, and like it's body style better than the Army CH47 so I am partial to it. Also in preformance the mCX has only 1 servo (for roll), the Esky uses 2 (for roll and pitch) which makes for instability because the nose flybar and the tail flybar fight each other for control. The mCX uses rotor speed differential and does away with that problem allowing it to fly faster, have better control, and fly in an attitude more consistant with non cx tandems and the real CH46 and CH47's. I have 3 other Cx tandems, all use 2 servos and all are unstable, Horizon solved that problem. Here in Virginia my LHS has parts support for Horizon and not for Esky, Walkera or any of the other Cinese brands.
Dec 10, 2009, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
don't kid yourselves guys - in the end all that stuff is made in the same factory(s)

as far as parts go - I have a lot of Esky helis and never had problems with either availability or reliability!

One more link for the tandem:
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3753
For myself living here in the USA , and shopping here in the USA , from HH located in Illinois , who have a great record of customer service , and if I really had to , I could drive there in a car .................................
as opposed to the Mircle-mart located far far away .................quote ,
Miracle Mart is a legal registered company in Hong Kong; we have a staff team supporting you. Also we have a 3000 square feet office and 5000 square feet ware house.

And the other place linked to , rc711 , also in Hong Kong , a long long way away for customer service .

I will take the HH E-Flite products and enjoy them , I purchase my E-Flite products from the 3 LHS who stock them and the parts , all within 20 miles of my home . This is my opinion
Last edited by wattman; Dec 10, 2009 at 10:46 PM.

Quick Reply