Dec 10, 2009, 06:15 AM
My 8FG came in from Tower last night, It's now $370. after the rebate and club member discounts.

I really like this radio.

Doug.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2009, 09:30 AM
A man with too many toys
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougV
My 8FG came in from Tower last night, It's now $370. after the rebate and club member discounts.

I really like this radio.

Doug.
I sure wish I could get out and fly my 8FGH more. The weather in the mid-west has really turned bad over the last few days

Dec 10, 2009, 09:38 AM
It is 86 degrees here in S. Florida. Very humid too. Send some cold this way...
Dec 10, 2009, 11:21 AM
Are there crawfish in heaven??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybird
It is 86 degrees here in S. Florida. Very humid too. Send some cold this way...
I'd be glad to send all the cold you want. We're originally from the New Orleans area, moved about 11 yrs ago. I know all about flying in hot, humid weather. The club I belonged to had a covered pit area with ceiling fans and ac in the clubhouse, very nice.

Hey Steve, I'll be at E-fest this time. Looking forward to some great indoor flying. Plus, I want, uh need more lipos, rx's etc. My radio shipped from Tower yesterday, can't wait.
Dec 11, 2009, 12:52 AM

Could use a little direction on pgrming 8fg

I have a plane with separate servos for the ailerons and separate servos for the flaps. Using the standard 8FG setup for two ailerons and two flaps the flaps have ended up on rotary switch LD. There doesn't appear to be a crow associated with this setup

I would like to have "Crow" and/or "Air brakes" on one (or two) of the switches. Switch SH may be a candidate for it.

I thought someone out there may be able to give me some insight on this. I have quite a bit of time in it but no progress.

Thanks

Bill Ellis
Sunny Green Valley, AZ
Bill@PlayCribbage.com
Dec 11, 2009, 01:35 AM

I have an 8fg that I need help programing

Shortly after the post above, I tried it again and this time got it straight. crow on SH and switched on and off by SP.

Just don't ask me how.

Bill
Sunny, Green Valley, AZ
Fly every day. (almost)
Dec 11, 2009, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogumshoes
Shortly after the post above, I tried it again and this time got it straight. crow on SH and switched on and off by SP.

Just don't ask me how.

Bill
Sunny, Green Valley, AZ
Fly every day. (almost)
Glad you go it. I actually used the glider programming of my 9CAPS to activate crow on my Ultrastick 60 with a 4 servo wing. It would have been a real pain in the butt to use individual p-mixes to accomplish something that was already predefined. I set the on/off on a switch and it gradually fed in based on throttle stick position. Much more straight forward as it also allowed me to mix in down elevator to keep the nose from ballooning. This worked great and it was a blast to point the nose straight down, pop crow and then pull up just a few feet off the deck. Got a bunch of stares and oh thinking it was going to do a lawn dart. The crow works well to keep the speed down. It was also fun to turn it on and just drag the tail almost on the ground it would go so slow.
Dec 12, 2009, 12:06 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Got the 8FG yesterday. I'm going to set up a Slow Stick equiped with a 6106HFC to get familiar with the radio and determine what exactly "mid range" means.

First Question: What is the point of the Limit Point under the End Point adjustement menu? Isn't having a travel adjustment and a limit point adjustment a little redundant?

-Joshua
Dec 12, 2009, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Wesley
Got the 8FG yesterday. I'm going to set up a Slow Stick equiped with a 6106HFC to get familiar with the radio and determine what exactly "mid range" means.

First Question: What is the point of the Limit Point under the End Point adjustement menu? Isn't having a travel adjustment and a limit point adjustment a little redundant?

-Joshua
At least half a mile with that R6106HFC.

Here you go: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_74...tm.htm#7491009

Doug.
Dec 12, 2009, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Wesley

-Joshua
No, the travel limit is the most the servo will travel with any mixes applied. End points only apply to the basic stick travel. The limit keeps the servo from trying to move too far if a mix gives more than max travel.
Dec 12, 2009, 03:14 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
Quote:
Originally Posted by canavanbob
No, the travel limit is the most the servo will travel with any mixes applied. End points only apply to the basic stick travel. The limit keeps the servo from trying to move too far if a mix gives more than max travel.
To give an example, on my 3 channel R/E/T planes I mix my right and left stick together since I use rudder quite a bit on my 4 channel planes. I still do "coordinated" turns using both sticks when flying 3 channel just out of habit.

So I have my travel at 100% and I have my limit also set at 100%. That way if I give it full right aileron AND full right rudder the servo only moves to 100%. Without this feature it would be breaking something... haha

-Jay
Dec 12, 2009, 04:09 PM
Got my 8FG yesterday, but had to charge it first! It's got a bunch of neat programming features. I can't believe how much lighter it is that my 9CAPS and thinner too. Shouldn't have any problems adapting. Feels weird not having that antenna sticking way out in front all the time. Gonna setup my GP Reactor, e-powered of course. I'm using all digital servos, so I'll get a good feel for the high speed mode of the 8 channel receiver. Just need to start switching over my other planes now.
Dec 12, 2009, 04:28 PM
Hey Jay,
I have to use the rudder/aileron mix too, for any R/E/T planes I fly. Funny how the instant the wheels touch down, you can't steer unless you have the mix
Pete
Dec 25, 2009, 03:39 PM

Butterfly slave

Hi guys,

spent my x-mas with my family and the new t8fg toy. Love them both!

one think I could not crack: I want the butterfly and motor to be ruled by J2. Took 10 minutes to make motor and flaps slaves for either end of the J2 travel, but when I want butterfly instead of flaps to be governed by the first 50% of J2 travel, nothing happens.

Tried to make butterfly slave of any other function and or switch using the prog. mixes, but to no avail. All other functions do work, but butterfly gives nothing. Anyone any clues?

BTW I experienced the powerswitch to be stuck. After some messing around a little piece of slivery plastic fell out and all is great again. Very disturbing, but I forgive them...
Jan 05, 2010, 02:16 PM

Robbe/Futaba answer

Callled the guys in Germany; Simple answer: You'r not supposed to mix it like that; just assign the butterfly to your stick, use the offset to get the motion started where you want. You can assign the motor to the same stick, or through a mixer if you need to.

So it's not entirely clear when you would want to use the butterfly as a slave, but my problem has been resolved without having to use 3 mixers for it.

Great service btw

Quick Reply