Dec 04, 2009, 10:38 AM
AA6JB
Not yet and not yet.

I stayed up til 1:30AM wrapping her up and hope to have that data a little later today. DENSE fog this morning where we live.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2009, 10:47 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
No need to apologize Jon. Sometimes threads get off on tangents and stuff gets missed. Thank you for the info though. I think the gear doors being single will keep the setup simple. So are the gear doors lever operated or are the controlled by another servo?
Dec 04, 2009, 10:56 AM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Can't wait to see more photos and video BarnesJon!
Dec 04, 2009, 10:57 AM
AA6JB
Here is a photo of the gear. Monofilament line stretched across the opening is used to pull the gear door shut as the strut contacts it.
Dec 04, 2009, 11:05 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Oh, TOMMY D., has been added to my IGNORE List!
Thank you Carlos.

Much like the <keeping in the Christmas Spirit> Heat Miser/ Cold Miser it seems we just can't get along.

Also thanks for the support guys. With all the reported posts I seem to have aquired overnight I'm not sure Ill be able to post much in the near future.

All I can offer on this P-38 is it's a step in the right direction. Like most P-38s I'm sure it will fly just wonderfully. Heck even the little EMI P-38 on 1 rudder was a Joy to fly.

Merry Christmas!

Tommy D
Dec 04, 2009, 11:14 AM
more drama
Dec 04, 2009, 12:26 PM
Thank You Jon for posting those photos.
Can't wait for the flight report.
Last edited by Orion Pax; Dec 04, 2009 at 02:05 PM.
Dec 04, 2009, 01:10 PM
NORDPAC S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR
Here is a photo of the gear. Monofilament line stretched across the opening is used to pull the gear door shut as the strut contacts it.
Are these photos of the "New Banana Hobby P-38?
Thank you.

Mfpage
Dec 04, 2009, 01:34 PM
PSALM 14:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpage
Are these photos of the "New Banana Hobby P-38?
Thank you.

Mfpage
Yes. I hope I can talk my father into preordering one so I can fly it
Dec 04, 2009, 03:20 PM
AA6JB
Heading home now guys! After three flights, with photos and video too!
Dec 04, 2009, 03:24 PM
YEAH BABY! P&V time. Man I hope you had fun.
Dec 04, 2009, 03:26 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR
Heading home now guys! After three flights, with photos and video too!
He smiles! He is an Expert!
Good show old chap!
Can't wait to see!
MERLIN
Dec 04, 2009, 04:24 PM
AA6JB
Just back from an awesome morning flying outing. We logged three flights on the P38 and it is one fantastic scale flying war bird. I put the Eagle Tree on it before flight and it settled in at around 450 watts and 43 amps. I am not even sure what size 3S battery Jalin sent with it? It looks to be around 1800-2100 3S.

Flight durations are always conservative on the first few flights. 4-5 minutes saw around 800-900 mAH put back into the battery. Performance is very scale IMO. The retracts worked flawlessly on all three flights and the landings were very easy, smooth and uneventful. The twin motors and three blade props sounded really nice on WOT passes! I let a couple of other folks have their way with it so I would be freed up to shot media and they all thought it a very well behaved and FUN plane to fly.

Still need to run her across the scales for an AUW though. I wanted to share a few photos ASAP. I will work on ripping and processing the HD video next.

I LIKE it! I think JPower did a FANTASTIC job on this one.

Much thanks for your help today Neil!!
Dec 04, 2009, 04:28 PM
Looks Great!!!!! glad it went well
Dec 04, 2009, 04:33 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
I knew he would fly it fine even if it was a dog! I'm only kind of glad it is a good plane as now I need to see what plane on the long list gets dumped!
Congrads on a Great maiden Jon
Pics are very nice and I'm sure the video will push us over the edge!
You are an Expert for sure!
MERLIN

Quick Reply