Mar 25, 2009, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kyjovsky
Not bad... but the spin is imho not suitable for the typical German gym.

I bet that the judges could not have followed the fai judging guidelines... or if they did, the maximum score was 5 or 6.
Not fault of the pilots of course, the could have hardly done more.
Hi David,

glad to see you alive and kicking.

I could make some slow-motion "spin studies". The models actually don't spin. The "corkscrew-figure" as I may call it is fully controlled by the pilot. The few pilots who actually tried to have at least a bit of vertical flightpath after the spin, usually came out of the manoeuvre less precise, or dropped a wing when pulling extremely hard to avoid ground contact.

Jürgen
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2009, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Hi David,

glad to see you alive and kicking.

I could make some slow-motion "spin studies". The models actually don't spin. The "corkscrew-figure" as I may call it is fully controlled by the pilot. The few pilots who actually tried to have at least a bit of vertical flightpath after the spin, usually came out of the manoeuvre less precise, or dropped a wing when pulling extremely hard to avoid ground contact.

Jürgen
Yes I know - our first competition of this season was in Tyn nad Vltavou, where the ceiling is I would say at least 2 meters higher.
In the best case we could have done some vertical line at the end, often a bit hair-rising at the bottom
The figure is really a corkscrew or a tight spiral.
All the following competitions we have used the modified sequence (one with the 6 of 4 roll as the last manoevre).
Mar 25, 2009, 05:38 PM
Thread OP
Im preparing for French championship, and practice spin, i must say guy who created this sequence have quite good humour sence
With 6M celing (5 with obstacles), its more remind bett will i hit the ground ore not And its not about hall size, you can try spin in hall with 20 ceiling, and you still will not make real spin with light F3P plane... I really hope sequence will be changed for next season.
Mar 25, 2009, 06:19 PM
Jurgen, Thank you for posting these videos. I really enjoy watching them. The talent level of these pilots is outstanding.
Mar 25, 2009, 07:07 PM
200 mph club
Quote:
What planes are they flying? Also any iinfo on the equipment they are using?
Thanks
Mar 26, 2009, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cmark
What planes are they flying? Also any iinfo on the equipment they are using?
Thanks
Christoph Lausberg flies his own design HELIX, while Dennis Horn and Markus Zolitsch fly the MANTA² (a design by Martin Müller), Karl-Ernst Overdick flies another DIY design called VANGUISH, while Tjark Schwartau got his HELIX from Christoph Lausberg too. The equipment has not changed much since last year, except more and more 2.4GHz RC systems are used.

Jürgen
Mar 26, 2009, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Christoph Lausberg flies his own design HELIX, while Dennis Horn and Markus Zolitsch fly the MANTA² (a design by Martin Müller), Karl-Ernst Overdick flies another DIY design called VANGUISH, while Tjark Schwartau got his HELIX from Christoph Lausberg too. The equipment has not changed much since last year, except more and more 2.4GHz RC systems are used.

Jürgen
What are the most popular 2.4 systems?
Mar 28, 2009, 02:26 AM
Most popular 2.4GHz systems were Spektrum (ultra low weight) and Futaba. Also an ACT system was flown. About 50% of the pilots still fly 35 MHz equipment.

All receivers were stripped for weight reasons (see pic)

Most pilots fly the MFly 180-5 Competition with a WES CFK Airscrew 8x4 and 2s Fullriver 130. The little cells stand the 4 Amps punishment really well.

Dietrich
Mar 28, 2009, 08:36 AM
didi, Thanks. That is really getting down to the bare minimum.
Mar 28, 2009, 10:53 AM
Intermediate Multi
Quote:
Originally Posted by didi
........Most pilots fly the MFly 180-5 Competition..........
That is new. I'm not aware of anyone importing that motor to the states yet.

Tom
Mar 30, 2009, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire
That is new.
Hi Tom,

actually, this information has been available on RCGroups for about a year:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&postcount=34

Jürgen
Mar 30, 2009, 10:08 AM
Intermediate Multi
Quote:
Hi Tom,

actually, this information has been available on RCGroups for about a year:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&postcount=34

Jürgen
.........and so it has. My mistake Jürgen. Sorry.

Tom

Quick Reply