sooo....what'cha gonna get with your refund? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 14, 2001, 09:58 AM
Libertas in Infinitum

sooo....what'cha gonna get with your refund?

seeing as how everyone is likely to get somewhere between 300 (single) and 600 (married) in the mail sometime this summer ... what are you gonna get? I'll probably spend half on new batteries and the other half on some DVDs I've been eyeing.

logan5
Jun 14, 2001, 10:16 AM
Ameritrade!
Jun 14, 2001, 11:46 AM
Logo 10
Jun 14, 2001, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I am a bit skeptical too. Is there something that actually list the requirements for receiving the tax rebate? Do all 'tax payers' (I use the term loosely as some actually receive more back than they pay) get the same rebate or is it based on something else? As a single parent, I am looking at $500.00 from what I understand.

Here's hoping for more toy money

Steve
Jun 14, 2001, 04:53 PM
Human Like You
Same that I did with my tax refund. ~25% to the Cousteau Society, CPPA or some other charity I haven't paid this year, another 25% to money market/trading/savings account and 1/2 goes into the checking account to be hopefully spent on wining and dining a young lady, buying toys, getting friends drunk or some other very serious matter. But could just as likely end up at the power company or the grocery store.

As for gloriously not spending money, the walmart foamie is nearly complete with grocery store meat-tray tail group, tape covering and T-52 canabalized components. Total investment under $10. Even better if it actually flies, which I'm beginning to think it will as it has that X-250/skimmer look with the low wing and dragger gear and it's very light. 36" slim wing, 6v 400, 6x4 prop, doing damage.

Jun 14, 2001, 07:36 PM
Buy gas for the Truck.....
Jun 14, 2001, 08:01 PM
son of a pilot
Is it true that some Democratic politicians are asking that the money be returned to them?
Jun 14, 2001, 09:28 PM
I plan to invest our 600 bux in mutual funds,unless Mrs. little nail decides to book a flight to NYC to visit our grand daughters. That 600 bux is chump change, when you pay over 11K in federal taxes. George
Jun 14, 2001, 10:12 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Last edited by Gerald; May 06, 2008 at 10:16 AM.
Jun 14, 2001, 10:15 PM
Considering the new Hitec Eclipse 7, or Astro motor gearbox for my Viking, or, or, or, or,......help! No, I'm allright now. Really I am. John
P/S this tax cut is now estimated to cost 4 trillion.
Jun 14, 2001, 11:03 PM
Scott C

Yep, they are. Here's the web site:

https://www.democrats.org/support/

They're asking you to send them your tax refund. Unblieveable.
Jun 15, 2001, 12:34 AM
Motors beat engines!
Of course they're asking for your refund.
It's not called the "no shame" party for nothing.

BTW, LOL about the "tax cut will cost x " idea.

This is money taxpayers were overcharged and now is being only partially returned.
Thats like your waitress complaining thats it's costing her x dollars to return your change to you.

If it was'nt for the Prez, all that money would just dissapear into the pockets of the special interest groups. Remember, the goverment can't waste what it does'nt have.
Democrats: The real risky scheme.
Jun 15, 2001, 01:01 AM
I'm putting my $600 down on my credit bill to pay for toys that I already have.
Jun 15, 2001, 01:02 AM
characters welcome!
Geared Astro 40 and some 3rd generation Panasonic 3000 NiMhs.

mw
Jun 15, 2001, 01:13 AM
Well I ain't countin my chickens(or lizards or whatever) before they hatch...Ever the skeptic I'll beleive it when I gots it in my hot little hands.

Rocky