Mar 14, 2003, 03:05 PM
Thread OP

I'm 0 for 3 today

I finally got a chance to try my new blucor fleet and after about 20 minutes all flights were grounded. Three planes up and three planes down in the snow. Drat and double drat!

The first one is a delta modeled after the one that Sr71fan built, but I used a direct-drive GWS280. It cut through air pretty good but seemed it didn't have any power and no control. After moving the battery up almost to the front edge, it flew better but did a nose dive and snapped it's neck.

Chris
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2003, 03:16 PM
Thread OP

the second plane

The second plane is a wing. It has a 30"WS, 8" root cord(4" at the wing tips), and has a 2" offset between them. It weighs 6 oz on the nose. It used a GWS Duct motor with a 3x2 prop on a Qualcomm Battery.
I had really high hopes for this one. I tried to throw it and it went straight up, but I over corrected and it came down fast and broke only the prop and motor mount(easy fix). I tried it with the battery all the way forward and it was too front heavy, next time I'll move it back an inch.
Mar 14, 2003, 03:35 PM
Thread OP

The third one !

The third one is a Aileron trainer. It uses my GWS flight pack from my lite-stick with 300mah battery pack (Dxa and 10x43 prop). It has a 38" WS and weighs 8.2 ozs. I can hold it vertical at full power and it can almost hold it.

Well on this one I rushed it though production too fast. One wheel is turned and the rudder isn't on straight. It did some really cool donuts in the parking lot though. I thought it was only a wheel problem and threw it (doug!) It did a circle around me and headed for the street so I tried to softly crash it. It did a cart-wheel in the snow and the wing separated but no damage.
After this I gave up for the day and will try to make some adjustments for the next nice day! I'm going to put my LS back together to have a plane to fly after all the testing.

Chris
Mar 14, 2003, 03:47 PM
Chris,

Wow, what a bad day... That aileron trainer was the plane that got me thinking, so I built somthing on those same lines. I posted a thread about it today...

Hope you can figure it out and get the bugs out.

Will
Mar 15, 2003, 12:30 AM
Lifes 2 short, go sloping
Keep building!! You will get it and when someone asks "what kind of plane is that, it flies AWSOME?" You can proudly say I made it!
Mar 15, 2003, 11:19 AM
Up, up and away
Dumb question here, how do you make the airfoil with the foam. I have never used it but want to try. Thanks,

-Superman

Quick Reply