Jul 19, 2010, 09:45 PM
3DHS 'native'
You can upgrade the hpp-22 firmware? Or do you mean interface software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -S- View Post
All,

First I wanted to thank the folks at HiTec for outstanding customer service.

Mike Mayberry and Brendan Lugo, were awesome in taking care of a new Hitec customer. They did everything within their power to resolve my issues as fast as possible and Mike went above and beyond the call of duty to help me out.

It is sad but true that customer service like this is a thing of the past.
Although I had issues that resulted in me waiting about a week to play with my new toy folks were there to assist and were friendly and curtious.

Secondly, my HP22 programmer came in today and I upgraded without issue as far as I know of.

I do not have any fancy settings yet as I am still learning but on one bird I have FLAPCON set and that setting remains intact and works as it should.

The order in which I upgraded was:
the HP22 Programmer 1st
The TX second
The TX Module (I later remember it was not needed)
then the RX's themselves.

So far I see now issues, the process was fairly smooth and I had no difficulty with the procedure, I can see where the software may be a bit intimidating for a person that does not work with computers for a living but I give it a "A"

That is my experience, I hope it helps someone.

I debated, read, asked questions, read some more and then read more and I am very glad I decided to move to Hitec instead of Sticking with "the other guys" who to the best of my knowledge still have not made any info available about their "new" product.

Ok I'm done. (getting off soap box) - Thanks again guys.

-S-
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2010, 10:44 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
I've witness no such squealing as you put it when unplugging the battery. Is this from the module or the radio? I bet it's the module... Have you changed the module warning from default?
I have not changed it in the module but I will check it. I tried it today plugging and unplugging the battery watching the voltage display on the screen. Sometimes when I unplugged the voltage would stay where it was and everything would be fine. Quite often I would see the voltage drop to 5 or 6 volts when I unplugged and the alarm would start beeping. I admit I didn't notice if it was the module but I didn't think so.
Jul 20, 2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Switch assignment is a feature in the service menu. Note to prevent from losing data if you do go into this menu (again, not advised) then to get out you should go to the custom menu where all the service icons will be and hit reset on the top. Don't hit exit or you will lose the data from that model.
Mike.
I did the "hard-reset" as a last chance before sending in the radio - it worked! Now my radio works again as it should be - all my switches are now functional again. What a relief.

I really don't know, what I have done during the update-process to create such a remarkable bug - but now it's gone.

Udo
Jul 20, 2010, 07:13 AM
Suspended Account
Thank God it was user error: you scared my donkey!
Jul 20, 2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2444 View Post
Really just a 120ma. Is the Hyperion charger your using a peak detection type charger.
What is the Hitec recommendation for maximum charge rate.
Ok maybe I should drop the rate, I certainly don't want to smoke my A9.
Hmm, I have checked the manual on the charger and I might have scared you needlessly. The auto charge is perhaps not a 120mA trickle charge as I thought (though I have only seen it charge by that current...) From my charger manual "... The EOS 1210i charges NiCd and NiMH in Auto Mode based on an intelligent algorithm which maximizes performance and minimizes charge time. " perhaps the "intelligent algorithm" got freaked out somehow by the diode and did something unexpected... I will charge the battery tonight (outside of the Tx ) with the same Auto setting and check the current more thoroughly.

And this protection diode, where is it located on the PCB. Perhaps it is burnt out too. In that case I would like to replace it, so if somebody knows the specs for it please let me know...
Jul 20, 2010, 08:42 AM
Again an advice for work with the HPP 22 programmer:

- connect the USB-cable directly into the PC's socket, don't use an USB-Hub, that will make the connection more stable.

I found out on the "hard way": my connection was via hub - I needed some try-outs with transmitter switch on and off before I got connected to the program - with the direct connection no more problems like that.

Udo
Jul 20, 2010, 11:07 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by udogigahertz View Post
Again an advice for work with the HPP 22 programmer:

- connect the USB-cable directly into the PC's socket, don't use an USB-Hub, that will make the connection more stable.

I found out on the "hard way": my connection was via hub - I needed some try-outs with transmitter switch on and off before I got connected to the program - with the direct connection no more problems like that.

Udo
Good to know, I use a hub as well. I will go direct next time I do any updates.

Diggs
Jul 20, 2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatBoo View Post

And this protection diode, where is it located on the PCB. Perhaps it is burnt out too. In that case I would like to replace it, so if somebody knows the specs for it please let me know...
I read the manual for your charger and it is a peak detect type charger. Though there is no mention in the manual that you shouldn't use your charger with a diode protected tx.
It would seem if it didn't have a constant charge mode it would not work at all as a auto peak detect charger.

As far as the diode for the A9, I think I saw a picture of it a while back but I don't really know anything specific about the diode.
I would think if you blew the diode your radio would not work till it is replaced.
Last edited by zero2444; Jul 20, 2010 at 02:24 PM.
Jul 20, 2010, 12:50 PM
-S-
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
You can upgrade the hpp-22 firmware? Or do you mean interface software?

Going - Well, remembering this is my first time :-)

I'm at work so I can't verify, but I opened the software, went the HELP -> and hit UPDATE. (no other devices plugged in)

It connected to the Internet downloaded an update and told me it was good, I'm assuming it was the HP22 I updated :-)

-S-
Jul 20, 2010, 01:21 PM
Quit Chucking My Wood
I sent my coupon in for a 1 free 7 channel and purchased a 2nd one at the same time back during the 2nd week of May. Charge hit my credit card on 07/16 so it looks like the receivers shipped.

This is good timing as I need a 7 channel for a new plane I just finished.

Rich
Jul 20, 2010, 02:08 PM
Suspended Account
BTW... Anyone in need of a good neckstrap balancer for the A9 can go here:

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...D&ProdID=12505

I love mine...
Jul 20, 2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthorne View Post
I sent my coupon in for a 1 free 7 channel and purchased a 2nd one at the same time back during the 2nd week of May. Charge hit my credit card on 07/16 so it looks like the receivers shipped.

This is good timing as I need a 7 channel for a new plane I just finished.

Rich
I bet you get them this week.
That means Hitec has another round of receivers ready to go.
Jul 20, 2010, 02:36 PM
FW190
Just bought my Aurora 9/ Optima 7 but haven't received it yet. Is there anything I have to do with the radio before I upgrade it with the new software.
Jul 20, 2010, 02:42 PM
3DHS 'native'
I would be sure you have a fully charged battery. Other than that no other requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerI View Post
Just bought my Aurora 9/ Optima 7 but haven't received it yet. Is there anything I have to do with the radio before I upgrade it with the new software.
Jul 20, 2010, 02:46 PM
FW190
Thanks going...

Quick Reply