www.allerc.com

Coupon: YAHOO10

for 10% Off, total: $389.99 w/Free shipping. Cheers
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2009, 10:05 AM
Out of stock now at allerc.com
Nov 03, 2009, 01:32 PM

Preorder - WHY

I never pre-order. Why? Who knows when an announced item will actually be released? I ordered my Aurora 9 last Friday - got it yesterday. No stress - no worries. If it wasn't available this week - then next week.

Oh, the radio is great. Nice feel. Easy to program. Great response. 7 channel RX is nice and light. I was using a X9303 and a Futaba 9CH before that.

Already mailed my coupon in for a free 7 channel RX and another at 1/2 price.

Ordered a 2600mah pack from onlybatterypacs.

If you are looking to step up to 2.4 or upgrade your existing 2.4 radio - can't go wrong with this radio.
Nov 03, 2009, 02:07 PM
DJI Supporter
Man waiting for this thing does blow. If I didn't have anything ready to fly I wouldn't mind but I've got two new FPV aircraft/quad that are waiting for this tx. I need it for the range out warning and simply won't fly without it.

Mike, do you have an update on a 3rd shipment?
Nov 03, 2009, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Man waiting for this thing does blow. If I didn't have anything ready to fly I wouldn't mind but I've got two new FPV aircraft/quad that are waiting for this tx. I need it for the range out warning and simply won't fly without it.

Mike, do you have an update on a 3rd shipment?
Overall, does anybody have any idea when a normal stock level will be achieved in the US and the radio will be readily available from the distributors? It looks like we are now waiting on a third shipment, but if these are small shipments it may take months....
Nov 03, 2009, 09:00 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6696950 View Post
Mike do you know when the PC interface will be out
DEC.

Quote:
Since I'm obviously going for maximum range well beyond visual eyesight for FPV, can we expect the 9 channel RX to go farther with the diversity antennas? If so would it be significant?
I doubt it. The Dual antenna's are only for piece of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red B. View Post
In the manual, the maximum current draw specified is "max 190 mA". From a previous post I understand that the maximum current is achieved when the receiver is transmitting telemetry data. As telemetry can be sent at a fairly low data rate, does this mean that the average current consumption is significantly less than 190 mA? If so what is the average current drawn by the RX?
Yes, but I don't have any specific numbers... I'll have to test it. The Optima RX's do draw more than the 72 RX's but they can also handle more from the servos as well.

One thing that causes many problems with 2.4 systems is when people use low power 4 cell packs with high torque servos and they brown out. Our cut off voltage is 3.5v, so we suggest a 5 cell+ pack for the servos. Or... use the SPC to power the RX for additional safety. A small 2S lipo would guarantee the RX voltage would never sag.

Quote:
I need it for the range out warning and simply won't fly without it.
Where did you see "out of range warning"? Did I say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Inside View Post
Overall, does anybody have any idea when a normal stock level will be achieved in the US and the radio will be readily available from the distributors? It looks like we are now waiting on a third shipment, but if these are small shipments it may take months....
There are still Aurora's in the pipe line that have not got to dealers. There are more on the way including 9Ch versions. They are building them as fast as they can!!!

Mike.
Nov 03, 2009, 11:10 PM
DJI Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Where did you see "out of range warning"? Did I say that?
No but this is a quote from the manual I saw on the FCC website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora 9 Manual
Approximately 200 meter before your plane loses connection the range-out warning will be activated and start warns you with the alarm sound.
Also both LEDs will blink rapidly.
Nov 04, 2009, 05:58 AM
It is not a good position, imo.
Post this picture in the FPV forum and see what they say. I can guess right now: "place the antenna vertically, period !"
The actual placement is valid only if you plan to fly close and high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAN View Post
... The first hurdle was to find a good place for the receiver antenna. In smaller planes, or tight fuselages like the Blizzard, the long antenna and the "lump" makes it a bit difficult to find a good location. After trying several locations, where the antenna would be either parallel and very close to servo wires, or stuck just a few millimeters from the battery, I ended up squeezing it partly through one of the air vents, see image. Turned out good, I think.
Nov 04, 2009, 06:50 AM
LAN
LAN
Thanks for your input RENATOA, but could you explain why this position would be bad? A vertical position is more or less impossible in such tight fuselages, unless I make a hole in the fuselage.

/Leif
Nov 04, 2009, 08:21 AM
Well, these antennas, both Tx and Rx, have a radiation pattern as a donut, a circular shape with a hole inside having as axis the antenna itself.
I think this page will explain you much better than my poor English:
http://rcexplorer.se/page14/gain/gain.html
To have a good reception the radiation areas of both antennas, Rx and Tx must overlap, and the antennas axis must NOT point one to each other, in that moment you will have null field at reception side.
In your case, your actual position antenna favor flying close and high, IF... the Tx antenna is also horizontal! If Tx antenna is vertical, there could be issues when you fly exactly over your head, and you are in the Tx antenna donut hole. If only passing, you are OK, but if you circle in a thermal exactly over your head, then beware
The worst case with your actual antenna placement, is to fly very far and low, and point the model with the Tx antenna. In this case, when the model will fly away, or will return straight to you the two antenna holes will overlap and you will have zero reception. If you have activated the receiver signal strength warning, will beep for sure in such case, even at 3-400m, and you must quickly change your Tx antenna position at 45 deggrees lateral to regain control.
Nov 04, 2009, 08:55 AM
"RC ADDICT" in Toronto!
Quote:
They are building them as fast as they can!!!

Mike.

Lets hope they address this problem in all the units going forward.

Colin.
Nov 04, 2009, 10:50 AM

Transmitter Only?

Quote:
DEC.

There are still Aurora's in the pipe line that have not got to dealers. There are more on the way including 9Ch versions. They are building them as fast as they can!!!

Mike.
Hi Mike,

When can we expect the bare Aurora 9 transmitter to be available? I have a module and receivers, so to step up I just need the Tx; or maybe the Tx w/module.

CR
Nov 04, 2009, 12:19 PM
If anyone is interested in the Aurora w/ 7-channel RX, PM me for info -- they just arrived!

Garret
Nov 04, 2009, 01:52 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Aurora arrived today. Several additional rcvrs on the way. Has a nice feel, but wish sws F & H were swapped. No dashes on screen. Hope to fly it Fri. am.
Nov 04, 2009, 02:27 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley38 View Post
Hi Mike,

When can we expect the bare Aurora 9 transmitter to be available? I have a module and receivers, so to step up I just need the Tx; or maybe the Tx w/module.

CR
There are no plans to offer such a version at this time. Be aware that we are not allowed to sell a transmitter with no module at all; it must have a means of transmission.

Mike.

Quick Reply