Jun 27, 2010, 10:35 PM
Big Extra
Thanks AT. If I could buddy box my DX7 that would be awesome as I could have a tx around for bind n fly stuff.

Anyone know about the possibility of connnecting a DX7 as a buddy box?

If not I will get the optic 6 with 2 rxs at Todds.

The only thing I'm missing now on the A9 is a sd card reader. It would be nice if they could do that in a future version. I know, too picky.
Last edited by rino; Jun 27, 2010 at 11:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2010, 11:48 PM
Kinda Off topic,
but........... I have an Optic 6 Version 0. I bought the 2.4 Ghz Tx module + 2 7ch recievers. So with this module can the Firmware be upgraded for the Optic 6 TX?
Jun 28, 2010, 12:06 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1toga
Kinda Off topic,
but........... I have an Optic 6 Version 0. I bought the 2.4 Ghz Tx module + 2 7ch recievers. So with this module can the Firmware be upgraded for the Optic 6 TX?
There's no firmware update for the Optic but the module will work fine.

Hey Guys,

I just saw this...http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...x8/e6_dx8.html

Check out the add-on for the telemetry including the RX voltage. It looks as big as an Optima 6 just by itself. So you'll have the Rx, the satellite(s.) add on telemetry module, signal strength module and will be able to read RX voltage, one temp and one RPM (but only on a glow model it would appear?)

What do you guys think? It does have an SD Card Rino... Maybe you should have waited?!?!?

Mike.
Last edited by MikeMayberry; Jun 28, 2010 at 12:12 AM.
Jun 28, 2010, 12:17 AM
NORDPAC S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry

What do you guys think? It does have an SD Card Rino... Maybe you should have waited?!?!?

Mike.
NO THANKS, I'm very happy with my A9, I've lost enough planes due to Spektrum electronics.

Mfpage
Jun 28, 2010, 12:22 AM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
SD card is cool, but thats it. I wonder if the trim switches fall to peices when you look at em like a Dx6i

Any plans for a brushless rpm sensor, Volt/Amp sensor, and a Pitot static airspeed/altimeter for the telemetry Mike?

Personally it'd be the difference between getting the Hitec telemetry or sticking with my eagletree V3.

Something with a big shunt to handle 150A+ would be the business
Jun 28, 2010, 12:41 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Yes... but that's all I can say. I mean about the telemetry stuff... we'll have to wait and see about the trim switches.

Mike.
Jun 28, 2010, 12:55 AM
Big Extra
Um, I didn't say I wanted that...an SD card won't keep my plane in the air

Quote:

So anyways, is the Optic 6 or Optic 6 Sport the way to go for a buddy box? The regular Optic 6 has few more features like throttle curve and they seem to be the same price. I think I'm just going to get the one that comes with two 7 channel receivers.

And where do I get that fancy Hitec TX balancer? I can't find it on Tower? I have to have it.

Also, is it a sin to use a JR neck strap with an A9. I'm kind of feeling bad about it.
Last edited by rino; Jun 28, 2010 at 01:00 AM.
Jun 28, 2010, 12:57 AM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Shweet, Thanks Mike. If you need Beta testers...

Yes, It is a sin
Last edited by jackosmeister; Jun 28, 2010 at 01:05 AM.
Jun 28, 2010, 01:00 AM
Big Extra
Fixing post.
Jun 28, 2010, 01:01 AM
Big Extra
I think it's pretty limited - the DX8. I don't see flight conditions or anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry
Yes... but that's all I can say. I mean about the telemetry stuff... we'll have to wait and see about the trim switches.

Mike.
Jun 28, 2010, 01:06 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rino
Um, I didn't say I wanted that...an SD card won't keep my plane in the air

So anyways, is the Optic 6 or Optic 6 Sport the way to go for a buddy box? The regular Optic 6 has few more features like throttle curve and they seem to be the same price. I think I'm just going to get the one that comes with two 7 channel receivers.

And where do I get that fancy Hitec TX balancer? I can't find it on Tower? I have to have it.

Also, is it a sin to use a JR neck strap with an A9. I'm kind of feeling bad about it.
Just giving you a hard time!

It's "Optic 6" for the radios. "Optima" are the 2.4 RX's. Anyway, the Optic 6 (not Sport) is by far the best bang for the buck. It has more capability than the DX7 minus the extra channel.

You can get the Optic with 2 RX's for $229.99, and the coupon offer is still valid from Fly RC where you get a free "Optima" 6 and the option to purchase another for $39.99. http://www.hitecrcd.com/about/compan...al-offers.html You did tell me you needed some more RX's!

We just got the balancers in... try Hobby Horse.

The DX8 has 3 flight conditions but no Glider software, no sliders and it's like two tone with the back black and the front silver.

Mike
Last edited by MikeMayberry; Jun 28, 2010 at 01:13 AM.
Jun 28, 2010, 01:17 AM
most exalted one
Now back to the A9?
Jun 28, 2010, 08:14 AM
Well, now that you know ...
And coupon Rx's? there can't be many of us left who haven't gotten there, can there?
Jun 28, 2010, 08:42 AM
3DHS 'native'
No coupon RX's here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster
And coupon Rx's? there can't be many of us left who haven't gotten there, can there?
Jun 28, 2010, 09:22 AM
OOPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed
No coupon RX's here
here neither gonna need that 7 pretty soon..hope they come next week

Quick Reply