May 19, 2010, 04:05 PM
Sailplane Mafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock
Why you can adjust it with EPA. This allows to adjust the Flaps for different conditions.
But before you have to reverse one servo (either FLAP or FLP2).

Then in the B.Fly menue you still can adjust FLAP to -100% and FLP2 to -100% and AILE to +60% and AIL2 to +60% as well.

Juergen
How do I prevent the left slider from making adjustments to the flaps? When my flaps are equal and not down any movement on the left slider causes one flap to go up and the other down. I don't want that.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66
Besides, someone who "forgets to rebind" after changing a receiver is in need of ModelMatch even more than most of us!
More likely in need of prayer!
May 19, 2010, 04:32 PM
We come in peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiring
How do I prevent the left slider from making adjustments to the flaps? When my flaps are equal and not down any movement on the left slider causes one flap to go up and the other down. I don't want that.
Go to system, then channel, you will see flap 1 and 2 on ls, then sellect null.
May 19, 2010, 04:59 PM
Sailplane Mafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth
Go to system, then channel, you will see flap 1 and 2 on ls, then sellect null.
Ahhh perfect, I just tried it and that's what I was missing! Thank you.
May 19, 2010, 05:02 PM
We come in peace.
No worries.
May 19, 2010, 05:09 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsirob
I use this one from esprit models.

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...D&ProdID=12505

It works well and looks good too. They come in different colors, but I like the red one.

edit: Damn, I see others already answered the question!
Thanks for the link! I just ordered one...
May 19, 2010, 05:10 PM

Optima receivers die

Hello Auroa 9 users

I Come from the airfield, and unfortunately, have nothing good to report:

My new Optima 9 receiver died in the model, just like that after about 6-8 flights.

But I will tell you exactly what happens:

First of all it looked as a disturbance on the 2.4 GHz band, the servos react extremely delayed receiver voltage at the transmitter with 5.7 - 5.8 v appears. Next try, model and receiver turned on again, no change! Then the spectra module began with a tone to - okay battery undervoltage in the model? No, both batteries are displayed on the PowerBox evolution as fully .. Batteries with ZellLog measured, both had good 8.2 V.

What now? In scan mode switch and receiver bound. System runs perfectly again - but no one really flies in the scan mode. So changed back and try again. Everything works perfectly now - and now? An experiment with the 3.500 € model, well I do not know. Okay, the Seba 50 Sukhoi he ran. Previously, a club mate has tried with his Auroa, he has no "interference". The flight of the Sukhoi with another optima 7 receiver was okay, there are no problems.

Okay, cool courage and the EF Yak refueled. System turned on and again the same problem, the servos respond strongly delayed (approximately 1-2 seconds delay), but have full force! Now the channel shows a sudden voltage drop in power supply to the model and goes down to 4.2 V, while the connected CellLog the voltage is still measured with 8.2 V and the Powerbox (green LED lit) has a different opinion than the Aurora. This now shows only 2 V and a few seconds later, dead, the receiver does not say anything more. Oops! Everything looks uneasy that would have been the model ....

Fast home, unpacked another brand new optima 9 and bound with transmitter works, unhesitatingly. Range test with the engine running okay, too. And now? Flying with weak knees, 10 minutes with no problems.

Now, lunch break - so ran the Seba Sukhoi must again. System turned on and sh.. also the 7 channel receiver makes some problems and shows the same symptoms to total failure. Sure, but / also the transmiter is died? Okay we make the crosscheck and bounsd another Aurora transmitter with Sukhoi, also no longer be binding. My transmitter with colleagues modell - no problem, transmitter and receiver can be bound. Sukhoi is bound in the scan mode - again! What's up? Switch back to normal everything okay again, SPC shows 21 V, servos running normally. What now?

What is wrong? A 7-channel receiver of colleagues is already the last 4 weeks with Multiplex and was completely replaced, there could also only with the SPC system will be bound. My two go tomorrow on the trading desk. But how long will it take until the first models fall from the sky? I do not want to pay the tuition of Hitec ....

Are there other similar experiences / problems? Has anyone expierences with optima receiver and powerbox products?

Waiting with my a great electrical Sukhoi on the first flight - but with this system? Unfortunately I have sold my Futaba radio already ....
May 19, 2010, 05:56 PM
I haven't checked whether I have deadband or not. Can you use the monitor function or do you have to connect servos to be sure?
May 19, 2010, 06:00 PM
OOPS
What is OST?
May 19, 2010, 06:52 PM
liv nvrtd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1
What is OST?
Offset
May 19, 2010, 06:54 PM
OOPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by notruthless
Offset
thankyou what does it do? I see it when doing my rates.
May 19, 2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OD_FLY
Hello Auroa 9 users

I Come from the airfield, and unfortunately, have nothing good to report:

My new Optima 9 receiver died in the model, just like that after about 6-8 flights.

But I will tell you exactly what happens:

First of all it looked as a disturbance on the 2.4 GHz band, the servos react extremely delayed receiver voltage at the transmitter with 5.7 - 5.8 v appears. Next try, model and receiver turned on again, no change! Then the spectra module began with a tone to - okay battery undervoltage in the model? No, both batteries are displayed on the PowerBox evolution as fully .. Batteries with ZellLog measured, both had good 8.2 V.

What now? In scan mode switch and receiver bound. System runs perfectly again - but no one really flies in the scan mode. So changed back and try again. Everything works perfectly now - and now? An experiment with the 3.500 € model, well I do not know. Okay, the Seba 50 Sukhoi he ran. Previously, a club mate has tried with his Auroa, he has no "interference". The flight of the Sukhoi with another optima 7 receiver was okay, there are no problems.

Okay, cool courage and the EF Yak refueled. System turned on and again the same problem, the servos respond strongly delayed (approximately 1-2 seconds delay), but have full force! Now the channel shows a sudden voltage drop in power supply to the model and goes down to 4.2 V, while the connected CellLog the voltage is still measured with 8.2 V and the Powerbox (green LED lit) has a different opinion than the Aurora. This now shows only 2 V and a few seconds later, dead, the receiver does not say anything more. Oops! Everything looks uneasy that would have been the model ....

Fast home, unpacked another brand new optima 9 and bound with transmitter works, unhesitatingly. Range test with the engine running okay, too. And now? Flying with weak knees, 10 minutes with no problems.

Now, lunch break - so ran the Seba Sukhoi must again. System turned on and sh.. also the 7 channel receiver makes some problems and shows the same symptoms to total failure. Sure, but / also the transmiter is died? Okay we make the crosscheck and bounsd another Aurora transmitter with Sukhoi, also no longer be binding. My transmitter with colleagues modell - no problem, transmitter and receiver can be bound. Sukhoi is bound in the scan mode - again! What's up? Switch back to normal everything okay again, SPC shows 21 V, servos running normally. What now?

What is wrong? A 7-channel receiver of colleagues is already the last 4 weeks with Multiplex and was completely replaced, there could also only with the SPC system will be bound. My two go tomorrow on the trading desk. But how long will it take until the first models fall from the sky? I do not want to pay the tuition of Hitec ....

Are there other similar experiences / problems? Has anyone expierences with optima receiver and powerbox products?

Waiting with my a great electrical Sukhoi on the first flight - but with this system? Unfortunately I have sold my Futaba radio already ....
How is your power connected to the rx? Are you using the battery port and the SPC or just the battery port? Also what voltages are you running to each?

Alan
May 19, 2010, 07:42 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1
thankyou what does it do? I see it when doing my rates.
As I understand it, it doesn't affect rates, but changes the center point of the servo. Most commonly used on flaps where your servo only travels one direction to apply the control surface. Using the offset will give you more throw in one direction than the other since you change the center point. Hope that is correct and makes sense.

Diggs
May 19, 2010, 07:57 PM
OOPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
As I understand it, it doesn't affect rates, but changes the center point of the servo. Most commonly used on flaps where your servo only travels one direction to apply the control surface. Using the offset will give you more throw in one direction than the other since you change the center point. Hope that is correct and makes sense.

Diggs
thanks Diggs,it does kinda.It means I fly mostly areobatic planes and need to leave my offset to 0 =dont mess with it..lolol
May 19, 2010, 08:14 PM
Suspended Account
How many years will the A9 last in the market, over 5 years as the old and ugly Eclipse 7 ?
Will they make a new radio for the next year as Futaba and JR ?
A9 V2 faster maybe ?

Quick Reply