Thread Tools
Feb 12, 2013, 11:12 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
Am I the only one confused by the pictorial hookup drawings in the Optima receiver instruction sheets and transmitter manuals? Warning, be sure to plug the SPC to motor battery pigtail with proper polarity as shown on the tiny symbols on the receiver. I bought a new Aurora 9 after Christmas but still haven't transferred models over from my old Eclipse 7 yet.
Just solder the red wire from the SPC to the red wire on the ESC, solder black from SPC to black on ESC, plug it into the SPC port. You now have voltage telemetry.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2013, 01:23 PM
Registered User
Tower noted that listings are new and waiting on Hitec for remainder of info., prices could change.
Feb 12, 2013, 01:49 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing
I though it was common knowledge NOT to fast charge Eneloops. Link to Sanyo website below .
Good pick up, the reference related to the NiMH.
Existing battery is still the A9's original which was received before the Aurora 9 was released to the general public and still going very strong.

Alan T.
Feb 12, 2013, 02:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
Am I the only one confused by the pictorial hookup drawings in the Optima receiver instruction sheets and transmitter manuals?
Warning, be sure to plug the SPC to motor battery pigtail with proper polarity as shown on the tiny symbols on the receiver.
I bought a new Aurora 9 after Christmas but still haven't transferred models over from my old Eclipse 7 yet.
There has been no change to that shown under your three earlier posts:
Optima 6 with Brush Type AF 211ESC, UBEC
Almost a disaster
Polarity of SPC Port

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Feb 12, 2013, 02:17 PM
most exalted one
Aurora 9 with new rx should be 9x as someone else said.
My only experience with fast charging nimh at 1c was a wet ruined pack. At 1/4c they are OK.
Hook up SPC to the input red and black before the esc and get your 11.1v or whatever reading. HK even sells a T plug with smaller gauge jst plug (convert to servo plug) that fits in between battery and esc if you use Deans. (.89 ??). [url]http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18871__T_Connector_JST_Male_in_line_power_adapte r.html

Echallenged referencing another of your posts........Don't know how it can be backwards. USE the FUTABA type connector with tab opposite the ground wire and it won't go backwards.What comes with the rxs for that purpose!!!
Last edited by 4*60; Feb 12, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
Feb 12, 2013, 02:20 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry
What is built in charge protection?
Mike, like this but 2S:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tter_Pack.html
Feb 12, 2013, 02:25 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
Just solder the red wire from the SPC to the red wire on the ESC, solder black from SPC to black on ESC, plug it into the SPC port. You now have voltage telemetry.
Running the black wire is optional, as well. The ground is connected through the BEC, unless you are using a separate battery for the servo power.
Feb 12, 2013, 02:38 PM
Registered User

Transmitter - Stick Knob & Extension Tip Thread sizes


Just to lighten things up a little, have just added a new link to
. Transmitter - Stick Knob & Extension Tip Thread sizes

Add a little one-upmanship (showmanship) and value to your A9
. 18ct Gold Stick Tips for JR
(4mm thread is to large for an Aurora 9 but 3mm surely made to order)

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Feb 12, 2013, 02:53 PM
Registered User
I 'm getting back into the hobby, and I was about to buy an A9, but I'l be waiting for the A9X, al I need to know is;

When and how much
Feb 12, 2013, 05:28 PM
Registered User
canavanbob's Avatar
What is the reboot voltage of the A9X?
Feb 12, 2013, 05:30 PM
Suspended Account
What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Feb 12, 2013, 06:31 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
MikeMayberry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by canavanbob
What is the reboot voltage of the A9X?
The Maxima has the same reboot voltage as the Minima, 2.6v.

Mike.
Feb 12, 2013, 06:51 PM
Bombs away!!!
quitcherbitchen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
Just to lighten things up a little, have just added a new link to
. Transmitter - Stick Knob & Extension Tip Thread sizes

Add a little one-upmanship (showmanship) and value to your A9
. 18ct Gold Stick Tips for JR
(4mm thread is to large for an Aurora 9 but 3mm surely made to order)

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
That's super Ghetto.
Feb 12, 2013, 06:58 PM
They Call him Dead!
YellowJacketsRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen
That's super Ghetto.
Not that I would ever buy such a thing regardless of my income, but man would it e nice to have the income where you could afford such Ghetto trinkets
Feb 13, 2013, 06:18 AM
Sailplane Mafia
gquiring's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing
I think this is going way off topic for the A9 thread... Lets call it a day on Eneloops shall we...
It's not off topic. Many use Eneloops in their TX's including myself. Knowing how we should charge them is important.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale FS - Hitec 600mah 9.6V NiCd Transmitter Battery Pack - Good Condition freedomflyer Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 4 Aug 07, 2006 04:15 AM
WANT! Hitec Flash 5 Transmitter! jocappy Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 13, 2002 10:04 AM
Wanted >= 4 channel Hitec (or compatable) Transmitter OverHeadCam Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 May 28, 2002 10:56 AM
FS Hitec Prism 7X Transmitter mt_100 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 May 20, 2002 07:30 AM
WTB: Hitec Flash 5 Transmitter stevevanwagner Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Feb 20, 2002 10:29 PM