Oct 22, 2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Thanks Bigbobed

Weaser, you made my head spin. It seems that what you are describing is better than Bigbobed's idea, but to be honest I am not sure. Can you elaborate? It sounds like your idea will make it so I am unable to change ailerons separately unless the first, 3 position switch, is set to high rates. Is that the advantage?

If so it is good! If so, can you give me bullet point instructions on how to? Sorry to be such a bother, but I have read about flight conditions but the instructions read like Greek to me
I just set up what you are asking about on my 35% Extra. I added 1 fight condition. I have high medium and low rates set up on C. I have the 2nd flight condition set on D. The only thing that switch D will do is toggle the ailerons while in high rates. It has no effect over low or medium rates. If this is what you are wanting let me know and I will explain how I did it.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2012, 11:30 AM
House of Paine
My idea does not change the ailerons separately, it just gives you four flight conditions that map to what you asked. Since there is no 4 position switch you need to use two switches to get it.

I think you can create up to like 9 flight conditions with the A9. There is a precedence to them and I don't recall if lower or higher conditions take precedence off the top of my head but I think it's the higher ones. I could check tonight when I get home to be sure.

At any rate you would create the four flight conditions and name whatever you want, say Low, Med, High, Bubba (no clue what you want to call the fourth).

You set all low rates on the Low FC, all med rates on the Med FC, all High rates on the High FC, then Low ail, high elev and high rudd on the Bubba FC.

Use a 3 pos switch to select the first three conditions, Low, Med, High.

Use a 2 pos switch to select the last condition, Bubba.

When the 2 pos switch is on you have Bubba regardless of what the 3 pos switch is set to because that Bubba FC has the highest priority.

If the 2 pos is off then you have whatever FC your 3 pos switch is on, Low, Med, or High.

You could of coures change this up however you wanted. You could make you Low rate FC the highest priority and set that on the 2 pos switch so you can always set that one 2 pos switch to get low rates. Then if you set the 2 pos switch to the other pos you now enable the 3 pos switch and have Med, High, or Bubba.

There are a plethora of setup options
Oct 22, 2012, 11:49 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
The beauty of the A9. More than one way to skin a cat. Flexibility plus.
Oct 22, 2012, 02:07 PM
Card Carrying Old Fart

Firmware Updates

When you update firmware and there have been several updates since yours does the latest update unclude all of the previous updates?
Oct 22, 2012, 02:10 PM
We Begin bombing in 5 Minutes
Only the ones worth keeping.
Latest blog entry: Freewing V2 Me 262 revival
Oct 22, 2012, 02:50 PM
most exalted one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet
When you update firmware and there have been several updates since yours does the latest update unclude all of the previous updates?
The updates are complete replacements, so no need to do updates in order. The latest is it!
Not incremental.
Oct 22, 2012, 03:02 PM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60
The updates are complete replacements, so no need to do updates in order. The latest is it!
Not incremental.
Thanks for the reply.
Oct 22, 2012, 07:50 PM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
Do you guys mind helping this guy out? I can't think of anything.
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....servo-lag-time

Here's the RCG Thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1756788
Oct 22, 2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legot View Post
Here's the RCG Thread.
Please relay to the fpvlab:
To eliminate a direct Tx/Rx problem, remove and set up same transceiver on the bench with a servo and battery pack, if still a delay, refer to:
. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servo Move Slower Than Usual - then . Rebind.
...(Switched between Normal <> Scan mode with power off before process completed).
. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servo Wag & Jerky Servo Movements Reasons & Cure - Do Not Fly With This Condition.
(...includes when switching on some ESC) .
. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servos Stepping - Battery pack (power supply) failing under load.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Oct 22, 2012, 08:28 PM
Whenever I've had the slow and/or jerky servos It was always fixed by a rebind. I just recently got an HK 5 channel Minima clone and thought I had done a proper bind but after mounted and setup in my Alula I found the left elevon worked fine but the right elevon was waaay slower than the stick motion. A quick rebind of the RX immediately cured the problem. Worth a try.
Oct 22, 2012, 08:40 PM
They Call him Dead!
Thanks for the help gentlemen!
Oct 22, 2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legot View Post

Here's the RCG Thread.

I second what Greywing said. Try a rebind. Make sure you are in the proper bind mode by looking the the light on the back of the tx module. Blue light for minima bind and red light for Optima bind.
Oct 22, 2012, 10:06 PM
AMA # L576
Hey A.T.
Do you have a link to instructions on how to put my A9 into Minima bind and Optima bind?
Oct 22, 2012, 10:25 PM
AMA # L576
Nevermind. I found the link. I seem to have lost the ability to edit my posts. The edit button is gone.
Oct 23, 2012, 12:19 AM
Quick question to all, what is the farthest range reach by the A9? so far we have tested it @2500feet above using its telemetry system and its still ok. so base on other users what is the farthest range reach by your A9?
The reason for this question is that i will be using it for FPV and i just want to know how far i can push the A9 for FPV use?

Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply