Feb 07, 2009, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard boyd
Very wise words Aidan , once we see one flown by Derk or the likes we can make judgements then lol

Richard
Yeah on the video the plane is extremely fresh and totally out of trim. Today trimed to nearly perfection, Jan Sedlacek won one competition already.

I hope that we can post some more recent videos soon.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2009, 06:10 PM
Cau Cau David , Clik je skvely . Doufam,ze si vychutnavas chvile na soutezi .
A prosim te,pozdravuj o demne Donatos..prosim te,dej mi zitra vedet,jak dopadla soutez,myslim tim vysledky...dik moc....Richard.....a zapite to zamna...
Feb 09, 2009, 11:27 AM
Were you on the beer again Richard

Clifford
Feb 09, 2009, 04:40 PM
Received them today Thanks David!

Printing is very nice. Colours on photo look a bit not-bright, but in real they are flashy!
Can't wait to build it!

Ruud
www.f3p.eu
Apr 01, 2009, 11:00 AM
Here's my Clik 2.0.

Motor : E-Flite Park 250
ESC : Castle Creations Thunderbird 6
Prop : GWS 7x3.5DD
Battery : Thunder Power 2s 350 mAh Pro-Lite v2
Receiver : Spektrum AR6100 w/o case
Servos : Aileron - Futaba S3108
Rudder/Elevator - Dymond 4.7
Weight : 3.8 oz w/o battery : 4.6 oz w/

Differences over original Clik : Ailerons have a constant chord and have more area : Leading edge extensions have more area : One SFG per wing and angled outward : Less rudder area : Elevator slightly different outline : Jagged trailing edges of ailerons and elevator : New airbrake design : Color on underside : EPP nose.

My thoughts based on 2 flights : Since I have an original Clik and it flies so good, I copied the equipment placement to the new one hoping the performance would be as good. I currently give it a 9 out of 10 based on the old design only because it doesn't roll as pure at the original. The old design's roll is purely axial with my setup while the new one's isn't. Maybe it's due to the different aileron shape. I'm going to work on aileron differential to see if I can improve the roll. The ailerons do feel more responsive with the same amount of throw. The rudder is just as effective with less area; knife edge flight is simple with no mixing required. The new airbrake design is more effective at slowing downlines than the original design.
Apr 01, 2009, 03:18 PM
Fly lower!
M. Struck,

nice photos and reprort. How about a video?

aerolite
Apr 02, 2009, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Struck
Here's my Clik 2.0.

Motor : E-Flite Park 250

My thoughts based on 2 flights : Since I have an original Clik and it flies so good, I copied the equipment placement to the new one hoping the performance would be as good. I currently give it a 9 out of 10 based on the old design only because it doesn't roll as pure at the original. The old design's roll is purely axial with my setup while the new one's isn't. Maybe it's due to the different aileron shape. I'm going to work on aileron differential to see if I can improve the roll. The ailerons do feel more responsive with the same amount of throw. The rudder is just as effective with less area; knife edge flight is simple with no mixing required. The new airbrake design is more effective at slowing downlines than the original design.
I guess your aileron differential is not correct, because I can see that you did not use the angled servo horn.
The right differential makes all the difference in the world - just keep trying...

My Clik 2.0 rolls more axially than the original one.

Here a little video with my competition flight - this was after 2 months of not flying at all, so please pardon the performance...

Clik2 0 (1 min 48 sec)
Apr 03, 2009, 10:56 AM
Looked pretty good David. What weight is your model? And how do you get the aileron differential? Offset servo horn or aileron horn in front of the hinge line?
Apr 03, 2009, 11:09 AM
Fly lower!

biased servo arm on ailerons

Quote:
Here's my Clik 2.0.

I'm going to work on aileron differential to see if I can improve the roll. The ailerons do feel more responsive with the same amount of throw. .
You should maybe try a biased servo arm on the ailerons, which will help with the differential throw.

i'll bet one was included in the kit, since they also came with the original plane.

aerolite
Apr 03, 2009, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ants
Looked pretty good David. What weight is your model? And how do you get the aileron differential? Offset servo horn or aileron horn in front of the hinge line?
The kit includes the kind of "butterflyish" variable servo horn for the aileron servo. It is strongly recommended to use it.
My model weighs in at 125 grammes (with Dymond 4.7s).
Apr 05, 2009, 06:14 PM
David and Aerolite -

I just got back from the E-TOC or I would have replied sooner. John Glezellis flew a milled Clik 2.0 in the event. I didn't get a chance to get up close and personal to his plane.

I didn't use the "butterfly" servo horn because I didn't use it on the original Clik and it rolls perfectly. Right after my initial post I installed the "butterfly" arm on the Clik 2.0. Flight tests should be in the next couple of days. I wish I had a video camera.

Matt
Apr 05, 2009, 06:33 PM
Matt,
I saw the Clik 2 in the background of one the ETOC photos and wondered whose it was, thanks for the info. Where did you get your Clik 2?
Mike
Apr 05, 2009, 06:40 PM
Mike -

I got my Clik 2.0 from icare-rc.com - $77.00 + shipping.

Matt
Apr 06, 2009, 04:55 AM
Quote:
David and Aerolite -

I just got back from the E-TOC or I would have replied sooner. John Glezellis flew a milled Clik 2.0 in the event. I didn't get a chance to get up close and personal to his plane.

I didn't use the "butterfly" servo horn because I didn't use it on the original Clik and it rolls perfectly. Right after my initial post I installed the "butterfly" arm on the Clik 2.0. Flight tests should be in the next couple of days. I wish I had a video camera.

Matt
Great! the sweet spot is surely there, just play with the geometry. Also, vertical C of G plays a role (with correct vertical C of G the knife edge should show no rolling tendency, use no mix).
Also, C of G in general, mine is pretty far back, the plane flies hands off both normal and inverted. May sound crazy but this is what works best (for me).

good luck,

David
Apr 06, 2009, 08:49 AM
M.Struck

You may have to flip the butterfly horn from front to back. Because you mounted the airleron servo on top, the position you have it in now is decreasing the amount of up airleron. According to the instructions you need more up then down for axial rolls.

Quick Reply