This thread is privately moderated by alfoot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 02, 2009, 12:56 PM
Keep it simple
Thread OP
Discussion

My Model Aircraft Movies

Well, this is my first ever blog entry so I thought that I would start with an easy introduction to my model aircraft via the movies that I have posted on Putfile and Youtube.

You can see a variety of my machines in flight here:-

http://www.putfile.com/airfix/media

http://uk.youtube.com/alfoot

My favourite movie currently is that of my Samuel Cody Army Aeroplane No 1A which was flown to commemorate the first recognised heavier-than-air controlled sustained flight in the UK on 16 October 1908 at the exact location on Farnborough Airfield a century later.

As you will see if you browse my movies, I am into electric aircraft of all shapes and sizes, and I enjoy designing and flying autogyros that are simple to build but give a lot of fun for little outlay.

Al
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2014, 03:19 PM

Boxkite

Hello Al

I really enjoyed your video of your Boxkite in flight. I have been thinking about the Boxkite as a model to build (but I'm not that experienced) and was amazed to find that you are located near Salisbury, Wilts. Well I am on the north side of the Plain near Westbury and I seemed (?) to recognize your background for the flight. How strange. Anyway would be great if I could get a chance to see your model - or even see it fly!

My interest in the Boxkite is historical ( I enjoy all early aviation) and practical in that I have managed to fly a full scale replica at Shuttleworth as I was one of the pilots at the collection till 2006.

Would be great to chat.

Best Regards
Gordon McClymont [email protected] and 07912 035530

Quick Reply