Apr 06, 2009, 03:25 AM
RudyWing
Dear All.. how if two transmitter using the X8D 2.4GHZ system working at the same time? both it interference each other?
is X8D have chanel in there?

tq.. rgd
rudywing
Last edited by rudyherijanto; Apr 06, 2009 at 04:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2009, 06:46 AM
thought 2.4 doesn't glitch *g*
Hi, I integrated the Assan beside the Jeti in my Multiplex Profi MC3030 - main reason to do so are the high prices on Jeti receivers. I do have a couple of low cost foamies which should not double its value because of the receiver

I did a thread on my mod - check it out ... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1026561
Apr 06, 2009, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyherijanto
Dear All.. how if two transmitter using the X8D 2.4GHZ system working at the same time? both it interference each other?
is X8D have chanel in there?

tq.. rgd
rudywing
Put simply....

No, they do not interfere with each other.

Yes it has 'channels' but the X8 chooses clear ones for itself.

-Rob
Apr 06, 2009, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Wings
Looks like there is a trainer port on the back - that would be the place to pick up the PPM signal. Put a volt metre on the pins and see what voltages are available there.

As for turning off the 72 MHz, no idea if it's all on the one board. You could have the switch cut the wire to the antenna, but that may be dodgy (getting past my competancy level too!!)

I dismantled the TX, it looks like that the RF module is on the left side of the board, looking at the back of the tx. See photo below. (I flipped over the bottom side in photoshop to line it up with top components).

I think I may have found the copper trace for the power supply feeding it, but not certainly sure, I may just to go cut the copper trace from the XTAL and put a DPDT switch to disable the RF and then turn the X8D on.

If anybody has done Hitec Laser6 or a similar board, any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Last edited by rcpinoy; Apr 06, 2009 at 09:24 AM.
Apr 06, 2009, 08:30 PM
I enjoy the voices
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpinoy
I dismantled the TX, it looks like that the RF module is on the left side of the board, looking at the back of the tx. See photo below. (I flipped over the bottom side in photoshop to line it up with top components).

I think I may have found the copper trace for the power supply feeding it, but not certainly sure, I may just to go cut the copper trace from the XTAL and put a DPDT switch to disable the RF and then turn the X8D on.

If anybody has done Hitec Laser6 or a similar board, any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
When I converted mine, the power I cut wasto the whole board - not the crystal connection. Having said that, one way to stop the RF transmission is pull the crystal - this lowers the RF consumption but it will still be there.

Not much help sorry, but my competancy stops at cutting wire and joining to wire B etc!
Apr 06, 2009, 08:51 PM
I enjoy the voices
Thread OP
Quote:

Thanks.
Just has another thought.

On my JR, with the unit off, and you plug into the trainer port (eg for buddy boxing or to connect to a simulator), it turns on the CPU and generates the PPM signal but does not turn on the RF module.

If your Hitec is the same, this may be an easier way to do it - have a look at you manual and see if it is configured to work the same.

So you have a switch on the wires to the trainer plug that does the same function as plugging in a trainer lead, ie by making the appropriate connections it turns on the CPU but not the RF module. Then also off the plug you should be able to pull off the PPM signal.

So you will wind up with two "on/off" switches - one for 72 MHz and one for 2.4 GHz. And a lot less hassel than cutting tracks on the main board.

Make sense?
Apr 06, 2009, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Just has another thought.

On my JR, with the unit off, and you plug into the trainer port (eg for buddy boxing or to connect to a simulator), it turns on the CPU and generates the PPM signal but does not turn on the RF module.

If your Hitec is the same, this may be an easier way to do it - have a look at you manual and see if it is configured to work the same.

So you have a switch on the wires to the trainer plug that does the same function as plugging in a trainer lead, ie by making the appropriate connections it turns on the CPU but not the RF module. Then also off the plug you should be able to pull off the PPM signal.

So you will wind up with two "on/off" switches - one for 72 MHz and one for 2.4 GHz. And a lot less hassel than cutting tracks on the main board.

Make sense?
From what I understand, if you are in training (or buddy box), your TX is powered by the instructor's TX via the training port, in my case pin 1 (VDC), and the connector frame (ground)..

if I have to switched off my TX and the put the X8D to the training port, that means I have to make another contraption to divert internal battery supply to the training port pins so it can power up the CPU. might work... but little more work.

Anyways, i'll try to look into this, it looks like there's a trigger somewhere that tells the TX to disable the RF module when something got connected to the training port... see if I can get this to work without switching off the TX and avoid the extra wiring.

My hitec training port (round DIN-6) is futaba compatible. One of the pins (pin 5) is actually connected to something inside the TX board, this might be the trigger (I hope). I'll experiment something around this week when I got a chance.

http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2t...h/tx2txgb7.htm

-Monty
Apr 07, 2009, 02:32 AM
I enjoy the voices
Thread OP
Quote:
From what I understand, if you are in training (or buddy box), your TX is powered by the instructor's TX via the training port, in my case pin 1 (VDC), and the connector frame (ground)..

-Monty
Monty,

I'm not sure this is the case - from memory if I plug my sim cable in my unit fires up - so it isn't drawing power from the cable.

If it does need power, getting the voltage from the battery pack would be easy, put it through the 2.4 GHz switch and into the trainer port and your off?
Apr 07, 2009, 04:05 AM
RudyWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Davies
Put simply....

No, they do not interfere with each other.

Yes it has 'channels' but the X8 chooses clear ones for itself.

-Rob
OK tq Robert Davies.. you mean like the channel on band 72Mhz right? so how to change the channel? use what? x'tal? or synthesizer..? can explain this everyone have X8D?
tq..
Apr 07, 2009, 05:35 AM
It scans the frequency bands and select one. It can share the same frequency with others and will not interfere with each other, since it is not 100% duty cycle. Meaning it does not transmit all the time, only transmit when there is a frame to go out. Some systems may also check to see if the freq is clear before it transmit. This is a requirement to operate legally on this 2.4G band. It also sends out a header code so that only the receiver bound with that code will respond to the signal. Others just ignores it

chewy
Apr 07, 2009, 07:08 AM

Is it possible to convert 27mhz AM radio?

Is it possible to hack Futaba 2PL 27mhz AM modulation radio?
Has anyone ever try?
Apr 07, 2009, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Monty,

I'm not sure this is the case - from memory if I plug my sim cable in my unit fires up - so it isn't drawing power from the cable.

If it does need power, getting the voltage from the battery pack would be easy, put it through the 2.4 GHz switch and into the trainer port and your off?
Lead, my hitec TX (and futaba) when in training, should be switched off,
and crystal should be removed (not necessarily but highly recommended since you might hit somebody).

Everytime the instructor toggles the training switch, it powers on the student's TX, and cuts the power when he releases the switch.
The pin1 of the trainer port is actually the positive voltage from the instructors TX, and the DIN6 frame is actually the ground.. This is how the student's TX is powered during training.

I would like to make the mod as elegant and as simple as possible.

Anyways, just found out that when pin5 and pin4 when connected, it'll shuts off the RF, since it thinks its in training mode, . This two pins are connected together in the hitec's training cable.

I'll put a DPDT switch on this so it'll power on the X8D and at the same time turn off the RF at a flip of a switch.

I'll post the hack once done.

Thanks!
Last edited by rcpinoy; Apr 07, 2009 at 02:48 PM.
Apr 07, 2009, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyarost
Is it possible to hack Futaba 2PL 27mhz AM modulation radio?
Has anyone ever try?
if its a PPM yes.
open it up and take a pic and post it here.
Apr 07, 2009, 07:50 PM
I enjoy the voices
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyherijanto
OK tq Robert Davies.. you mean like the channel on band 72Mhz right? so how to change the channel? use what? x'tal? or synthesizer..? can explain this everyone have X8D?
tq..
This is a very complicated subject (way to complicated for me to properly understand!) but trying to explain it by using a MHz analogy doesn't recognise the vastly bigger bandwidth of the 2.4 GHz - so even when on the same frequency there is room for lots of signals fom different sources etc. the Rx just rejects those that aren't from the Tx it is bound to.

Have a read of this - helped me get my head around it.

http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/spreadspectrum01.shtml
Apr 07, 2009, 07:55 PM
I enjoy the voices
Thread OP
Quote:
Lead, my hitec TX (and futaba) when in training, should be switched off,
and crystal should be removed (not necessarily but highly recommended since you might hit somebody).

Everytime the instructor toggles the training switch, it powers on the student's TX, and cuts the power when he releases the switch.
The pin1 of the trainer port is actually the positive voltage from the instructors TX, and the DIN6 frame is actually the ground.. This is how the student's TX is powered during training.

I would like to make the mod as elegant and as simple as possible.

Anyways, just found out that when pin5 and pin4 when connected, it'll shuts off the RF, since it thinks its in training mode, . This two pins are connected together in the hitec's training cable.

I'll put a DPDT switch on this so it'll power on the X8D and at the same time turn off the RF at a flip of a switch.

I'll post the hack once done.

Thanks!
So from what I can tell your plan is take a +12V from your battery box and put that to pin 1 and the Assan power in via a switch, then when you throw that switch your Tx and Assan will fire up.

If the same switch shorts out pins 4 and 5, then the existing RF is switched off. Pull the PPM off the trainer port and you should be good to go?

Sounds pretty elegant and simple - better than playing with the tracks on the PCB. Look forward to reading your post on the finished product

Quick Reply