Thread Tools
Feb 10, 2009, 10:26 PM
Registered User

Esky Ppm


Hello all.
Interesting thread.
JUst bought the PPM ASSAN a few weeks and hardly any success with converting.
My TX is ESKY PPM 4 channel (its cheaps and thats why its so challenging).
I wonder if theres any mistake in my connection, as others said 99% the converting will work...LOL
(Photo will be uploaded soon).
I am sure there were the positif wire (10V), signal (2V), and ground (0V).
But after I connected it into the module, the red led wont blink as I moving the stick to bind.
.................................................. ..
I must read it somewhere but is that true the module ALSO work for FM TX too ?
Last edited by ishady; Feb 10, 2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: add inquery
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2009, 01:40 AM
I enjoy the voices
Lead Wings's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishady
Hello all.
Interesting thread.
JUst bought the PPM ASSAN a few weeks and hardly any success with converting.
My TX is ESKY PPM 4 channel (its cheaps and thats why its so challenging).
I wonder if theres any mistake in my connection, as others said 99% the converting will work...LOL
(Photo will be uploaded soon).
I am sure there were the positif wire (10V), signal (2V), and ground (0V).
But after I connected it into the module, the red led wont blink as I moving the stick to bind.
.................................................. ..
I must read it somewhere but is that true the module ALSO work for FM TX too ?
All non-2.4 GHz systems are FM (except some which are AM).

As for not getting it to bind - you need to wobble the channel 2 stick back and forth when you turn it on - are you sure the stick you are moving is channel 2? Suggest you try some others (even throttle, but make sure it is not connected to a motor!)
Feb 11, 2009, 02:02 AM
Registered User

nice info


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Wings
All non-2.4 GHz systems are FM (except some which are AM).

As for not getting it to bind - you need to wobble the channel 2 stick back and forth when you turn it on - are you sure the stick you are moving is channel 2? Suggest you try some others (even throttle, but make sure it is not connected to a motor!)
Thanks for the info.
I just knew that all TX is FM (PPM) although I knew that there were some older one was AM. Before all I knew about TX is: AM, FM, PPM...he3
YES, I already move the stick and others stick also (some people suggest that too). I just wonder if some TX is not compatible to this module, but hey, I have 3 more FM TX to try on...(walkera,some cheap: guanli,ex coax heli: vogue).
Hope one TX will eventually successfully converted.
Feb 11, 2009, 10:27 AM
Registered User

convert success


HURRAAYYY,
Finally, successfully converted cheap Skyartec (chinese brand) FM PPM 72MHz into a nice 2.4Gz using ASSAN module.
(sorry pic will be uploaded soon).
This time a little bit different; the TX dont have separate PPM board as Esky BUT have a distinct trainer port.
The trainer port have 3 wires (red 10V as positive, white 2V as signal/PPM, and black 0V as ground) while Esky's have 4th wires orange as a connector to trainer switch.
I just connect the module's wires into the appropriate TX trainer's cables.
The led turn red as I switch ON the TX, but a few second it turn green and sound "beeep" thou I havent turn on the rx.
I found that we have to move up the channel 2 stick (elevator) UP once (in my case; and not up and down twice as the manual) to switch into binding mode, before the led turn green.
The red led will blinking and sound "beep beep..." when it search for its rx to bind.

I use small 4 ch Assan rx so the bind process is as below:
connect the signal port of channel 1 and 3 using the binding plug.
Connect battery (lipo 1S 3,7V) into any channel according to "+" and "-".
The red led at the rx will be blinking to search.
The TX led will wen green and sound "beeep" when binding is successfull and also the rx led will turn green to confirm the binding.
Test with servo and ...WALLLAAA..... you will be as happiest as I am.

Thank for all the rcgroups' member support.

Next: try the esky and another cheap tx again....still curious.
Last edited by ishady; Feb 11, 2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: add detail
Feb 11, 2009, 09:54 PM
I enjoy the voices
Lead Wings's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishady
I have 3 more FM TX to try on...(walkera,some cheap: guanli,ex coax heli: vogue).
Hope one TX will eventually successfully converted.
Ishady,

The Walkera Tx/Rx have some specialist encoding thing going on. I had a Walkera Dragonfly chopper - I could get the Tx to control other Rx's, but i could not (and apparently this is common) get any other Tx to control the Walkera Rx.

I have no idea if this will be an issue for you, but thought I would make you aware of it.
Feb 12, 2009, 08:00 AM
Registered User

true


Thats true Sir,
I see myself wonder why my Walkera TX could connect to the gws pico RX but other TX couldnt (ofcourse, I dont have any Futaba or JR), there must be something special in the TX component.
So that would be a very precious info.
Thanks.

Again, this day, I fail to convert the esky TX, althou I really sure the module is alrite (tested yesterday and its ok).
Better luck next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Wings
Ishady,

The Walkera Tx/Rx have some specialist encoding thing going on. I had a Walkera Dragonfly chopper - I could get the Tx to control other Rx's, but i could not (and apparently this is common) get any other Tx to control the Walkera Rx.

I have no idea if this will be an issue for you, but thought I would make you aware of it.
Feb 13, 2009, 11:31 PM
Registered User

Assan & Esky



FINALLY,
successfully convert ESKY 4ch TX (next time will be the 6ch) into 2.4Gz using ASSAN X8 module.
Quite confusing at first.
The ESKY's trainer port have 4 cables instead of 3 and it have 2 cables at 11V; red and orange. I try the red first with no luck, and then the orange (which is the right one). Connect the tx orange into the module's positive.
The esky's black wire is 0V or negative/ground wire. Connect into module's negative.
Signal cable is tx's white, connect into module's signal.





(The last text written: connect the module's signal wire into the TX' white wire [2Volts].)

The led turn red, and turn green after a few seconds.
To bind, before led turn green, move channel 2 stick (elevator on the right for mode2) UP 2 TIMES, and the led will blinking red.

so on...(the rest is precisely as the assan rx manual, no need further explanation).
Last edited by ishady; Feb 14, 2009 at 03:59 AM. Reason: unclear photo's text
Feb 14, 2009, 04:51 AM
smoking a buddy box
olivier2's Avatar
Hi again,

Another hack of the Assan X8D-module in a Futaba 7C-FF7 2.4Ghz. So the guy has now the Futaba Fasst 2.4Ghz-system doubled by the Assan-2.4Ghz. Why? To buy cheap receivers from Assan instead of the expensive one's from Futaba :
http://forum.modelisme.com/t171104-f...s-meme-tx.html

Olivier
Feb 15, 2009, 06:31 PM
I enjoy the voices
Lead Wings's Avatar
Thread OP

DX7 Hack


here's some destails from a guy who hacked a DX7 - for the same reason, gives him access to cheap Rx's for park flyers as well as the Spektrum stuff for more valuable stuff:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...23343&page=185
Feb 15, 2009, 10:22 PM
Registered User

great thread


Hi,
Great thread and pics there, Olivier.

Good more succcess story, MR.Wing.
Myself have finally an ESKY 35MHz FM and ASSAN 2.4Gz system all-in-one TX, while I cant find the switch as you described (poor me...he3) I just use ordinary switch (6 of them) to convert from one system to another; I turn ON 3 switch of the FM and OFF the 2.4Gz to use the FM, and vice versa.
Simple solution but rather hard to built...HE3...

Thanks for the great thread you started.
Feb 19, 2009, 01:05 AM
Registered User
slumberjer's Avatar
Anyone please share some info for futaba 6exh hack for assan module. I'm about to purchase one but need some clear insight into this hack. Thanks
Feb 21, 2009, 03:02 AM
Registered User
Turbokeu's Avatar

X8D X8-Hack module in 35MHz Multiplex Cockpit MM


Hello!
First post here on this great forum.

I would like to equip my Multiplex Cockipit MM tranqmitter with the X8D Assan Hack module.
Therefore I need the exact dimensions (WxLxH, preferably in millimeters) of the module to find the most suitable location inside the Cockpit MM housing.

Can anyone check the dimensions and inform me?
Thanks!
Feb 21, 2009, 04:46 AM
Registered User
jay1st's Avatar
Hi guys
Quote:
Hi again,

Another hack of the Assan X8D-module in a Futaba 7C-FF7 2.4Ghz. So the guy has now the Futaba Fasst 2.4Ghz-system doubled by the Assan-2.4Ghz. Why? To buy cheap receivers from Assan instead of the expensive one's from Futaba :
http://forum.modelisme.com/t171104-...es-meme-tx.html
That's me posting these pictures of my T7C's guts.

And yes, those futabe rxs are damn expensive so I decided to use some cheaper solution, ASSAN, and it does it's job on a perfect manner !











Next is doing the same on my RE7 !
Feb 22, 2009, 01:58 AM
Registered User
jay1st's Avatar
Ah, just forgot to talk about wiring ! (IMG clickable thumbnails )



The X8D's orange wire is soldered to the pin #3 on the trainer port.
Black (gnd) is soldered to the pin #2 on trainer port

Here is where you cut the RED wire bringing V+ to the FASST module in the xmtr.

It's the one on the little white connector with blk, brn and red wires.

You just cut it, get a switch (I took out one from an old Esky xmtr)
The red wire coming from the main board goes to the switch's center pole, the red wire coming from the fast module goes to one of the poles left and the red from X8D goes to the only pole left.



It's almost the same for an 6EX FASST.
Feb 22, 2009, 09:44 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by slumberjer
Anyone please share some info for futaba 6exh hack for assan module. I'm about to purchase one but need some clear insight into this hack. Thanks
I made it from my futaba 6ex 2,4 GHz and it rocks.
If you need more explanation, please ask.

http://forum.heli4.com/index.php?act=ST&f=55&t=16704


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Assan R8 Hack Module dflier Radios 6 Aug 07, 2010 08:43 AM