May 13, 2009, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Wings
Note I measured my PPM with a normal volt meter, then a EE mate said this is pointless - as it's a PWM signal you just get an average, not the peak value which is what counts.

You need a cathode ray oscilloscope or a peak level meter to measure the peak value of the PPM
I kinda figured that, but at least wanted to see if I'm getting something. I guess I'll need to take it to a friend with a scope.

Meanwhile, I installed the module in my Evo, and flew couple of planes. So far so good. No glitches, range is fine. I'll be using the Assan only for the parkfliers, and for that you can't beat the price of the rx!!! Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.

Adrian
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2009, 01:01 AM

Thanks lead

but lead, when the module powers on with RED LED and remains RED, i repeat remains RED and not RED blinking, then it is not going to binding mode, is'nt it?. pl correct me if i am wrong
ashta

Quote:
Ashta,

You should only have to bind your Rx's once, then they should be fine from then on - and not need to be re-bound.

Normally when you switch your Tx on, with no Rx on, the Tx will start red for 1-2 second then go green. As yours stays read, it sounds like the problem is with your Tx going into bind mode each time you switch it on.

Someone had a biding problem recently and found it was because they had the wrong mode (ie mode 1 throttle on right, mode 2 throttle on left) selected in their Tx. This meant that the bind channel was the throttle channel, so set to zero when they turned their Tx on so went into bind mode. Maybe check that?

This forum has a lot more discussion on problems people have had with binding etc - if you don't solve it, I usggest you post the question there - people are very helpful:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...23343&page=219
May 14, 2009, 04:15 AM
I enjoy the voices
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtasky
but lead, when the module powers on with RED LED and remains RED, i repeat remains RED and not RED blinking, then it is not going to binding mode, is'nt it?. pl correct me if i am wrong
ashta
Ashta, I must admit as I bound all my Rx's on the first day 4 months ago and haven't had to bind any since I can't remember what the binding mode looks like - so don't know whether it is binding mode or something else that your Tx is resorting to.

I will try and have a play with mine on the weekend and get back to you
May 14, 2009, 06:00 AM
Hi,

I have a little problem with the beeper on my TX-module: The volume of beeps is not consistent, It changes when I move the module. Some times I can hear it very good but most of the times I hear nearly nothing.

- Oliver
May 14, 2009, 06:06 AM
My 1st R/C had 2 valves !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtasky
ashta
That is correct, solid red, not blinking & no beep indicates that the Tx module is not receiving a valid PPM signal.

Happened to me a couple of times when I forgot to change from PCM to PPM...
May 14, 2009, 01:43 PM
You can buy a suitable latching (locking) toggle switch from here (although I can't believe how expensive it is) http://at.robbe-online.net/rims_at.s...ngeLanguage/EN Type 'switch' in the search field, its item #1-F1523 Mixer Switch 2 Pos.Locktype

You have to lift the end of the toggle towards yourself to be able to change its position. I bought one when I originally bought my Robbe-Futaba FX-18 and use it for switching power (+ve) between 35Mhz and 2.4, albeit a Spectrum module https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=959625 No problems yet that I'm aware of.

The same approach works for Assan as Harri Pihl showed on page 1.
May 14, 2009, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen
The reason for switching the PPM line is that the two circuits might disturb each other dependent on how the input parts handles the PPM signal.

Fred
Fred, I've worried over this some. If both are powered at the same time, I've wondered if there might be spurious signals causing problems in one RF circuit from components switched on in the other. I don't think any of the manufacturers has this system - someone correct me if I'm wrong - I think all the 2.4 modules are replacements for the 35/36/72/etc modules, so we should take note of that.

I hope there is a less significant chance of a problem with both PPM connected but the +ve only connected to one? The RF without +ve connected shouldn't be receiving enough power through the PPM line to light the rest of the circuit up - do you agree?

Nigel
May 14, 2009, 07:11 PM
Hi, I just bought an X8D hack module, but decided to use this with my hitec eclipse7.

Looking at the back of the TX, there are 5 connectors in there for the synthesizer module.

Does anybody know which pins is the PPM, + and - ?
and if somebody can describe the rest of the pins please?

Thanks in advance!
May 15, 2009, 07:32 AM
So whats the pinout of mx-16 trainerport?
Can u make this straight to trainer port?
When i turn assan on it will not turn 35 transmitter on but it will go to training mode and when i turn it on normaly it wont start assan module?
May 16, 2009, 02:12 AM

Thanks lead

after couple of days more xperience, i have more clarity on my problem.
When it is working correctly, it powers on with red led and goes to Green with a Beep in few seconds. After that, it works fine with the already bound receiver.
But some times, (random once in two days or once in a day (very random), it powers on with RED LED and remains RED, and no Beep, and does not change to Green. Once in this state it remains like that. Immediate Switch on/off doesn't help. Keep it idle for some time and again it works. When it works it works correctly and I have used it and has flown few palnes with out any problem.

this is my exact problem. pl advize
ashta

Quote:
Ashta, I must admit as I bound all my Rx's on the first day 4 months ago and haven't had to bind any since I can't remember what the binding mode looks like - so don't know whether it is binding mode or something else that your Tx is resorting to.

I will try and have a play with mine on the weekend and get back to you
May 16, 2009, 02:31 AM
My 1st R/C had 2 valves !

Oops, I did it again!

Damnitall, I've been working with electronics most of my life, & I KNOW to carefully check wiring & polarity before power-up, but did I...NO.

I had removed the Hack Module from my FT7CAP, where it has been working perfectly for months, to check if it would fit in a couple of my other trannys. When I re-fitted it in the Futaba, I DID NOT carefully check & reverse polarised the darn thing. (Hey, it had been working in there for months, what could go wrong?)

Shock & Horror, most of my electrics are now fitted with Assan receivers, & I don't have a spare Tx module. Hopefully, it would only be a blown regulator, & thanks to Smeagle, we now know it is a 5V unit. Fortunately, a quick check revealed a cooked reg, & the module worked normally with a 5V injection on the reg O/P pin.

I fitted an LM342P5 (had a few in the parts bin), & took some pics.

Thanks Oliver, thanks Meng.
May 16, 2009, 05:32 PM
allthingsthatfly.com

DX6i

Thanks for the accident/fix! That's how we learn.

Ok, so I want to put this into my DX6i that I just bought today. Here is a zipped folder of massive upclose pics if someone could shed some light on the 3 wires. I will want to switch between dsm2/assan.

Also krafty, I do want to do your hardware throttle hold .. so maybe you could point out the pot wires if you get a chance. (mode 2)

I was going to add a lipo in this, but these come with 1500mAh batts. I don't think I can fit a 1500mAh 2s lipo in here.. I can go with 700mAH, but that would only last 1/2 as long ya?

Thanks.
May 16, 2009, 08:18 PM

Futaba 12FG hack?

Can anyone tell me how to put the Assan Hack on a Futaba 12FG trainer port?

Will this work? Can I use the Assan module without tuning on the FM module doing it this way?

Update YES it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titou206206
To reply to "Just Shoot Me", concerning the Hacking of the Futaba 12FG:
Yes it works with the scheme you posted. I tested it with a X8F module (I soldered a trainer plug on the module).
It works perfectly. Only probleme: it is not really convinient to have the module on the back of the radio, just holding with a rubber....
Next I will try the fit the module (X8D without the casing) insisde the radio and solder it to the back of the trainer plug (there is a lot of room there to make a nice safe solder.
I will keep you informed.
Last edited by Just ShootMe; May 19, 2009 at 10:05 PM.
May 17, 2009, 02:42 AM

MPX Cockpit MM on air at 2.4GHz!

After a long wait I finally received my Assan X8D 2.4GHz module and Assan X8R6 6-channel receiver from HobbyKing.
Below are a few pics of the integration in my Multiplex Cockpit MM 35MHz transmitter.

The wiring schematic is simple:

Solder side of the Cockpit MM PCB, with the solder connections of the DIN connector and the 5 wires for the 35MHz/2.4GHz switch and Assan module:

Wires isolated with hot glue:

Upper circle: Connections to X8D module (via straigth 0.1" male header).
Lower circle: Original status LED has been unsoldered and replaced by a 90 0.1" male header + female servo connector/cable:

2.4GHz antenna connection, remote 2.4GHz statusLED (glued with hotglue to the front panel) and 35MHz/2.4GHz DPDT switch:

Overview:

With TX battery installed:

To gain some height (4-5mm) for the X8D module I cut the excessive length of the solder pins from the Cockpit's LCD module (underneath the X8D module). The X8D module itself is attached with some double side tape.
The 35MHz/2.4GHz switch is a lockable APEM model: To switch from one position to the other the switch lever has to be pulled up.

Edit: in the 2.4GHz position the original 35MHz transmitter section of the Cockpit MM is disabled through the HFdisable input on the 7-pin DIN connector.

Everything works perfect, now awaiting the maidenflight of my Easystar...
Last edited by Turbokeu; Jul 19, 2011 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Broken link in the wiring diagram
May 17, 2009, 10:44 AM

sticker

Whoaa...
Another nice hack there...
I wonder were the new hack module have Assan V2 sticker attached to them?
As mine dont have the 'nice' Assan written.

Quick Reply