Thread Tools
Mar 12, 2003, 01:42 PM
GeorgeF
GeorgeF
Guest

OS .61 FX Question


What's a good glow plug for the OS 61 FX? I'm putting one on an Utter
Kaos 60. Also what prop?

George
http://www.Licensed4Fun.com


Mar 12, 2003, 01:52 PM
Paul McIntosh
Paul McIntosh
Guest

Re: OS .61 FX Question


12=13X6 prop and OS #8 or Fox standard long. K&B 1L if you can find them.
Use 10% or less nitro and you will like it better.

"GeorgeF" <av8tor@licensed4fun.com> wrote in message
news:3E6F8CC3.3010105@licensed4fun.com...
> What's a good glow plug for the OS 61 FX? I'm putting one on an Utter
> Kaos 60. Also what prop?
>
> George
> http://www.Licensed4Fun.com
>
>



Mar 12, 2003, 02:32 PM
GeorgeF
GeorgeF
Guest

Re: OS .61 FX Question




Paul McIntosh wrote:
> 12=13X6 prop and OS #8 or Fox standard long. K&B 1L if you can find them.
> Use 10% or less nitro and you will like it better.


I have a dozen 1L's. I'm just getting back into R/C after being away
from the hobby for awhile. I use to fly Pattern with YS 61's and the
1L was about the only plug to work good on those engines.

After looking on Tower's website I can't find K&B listed, are they still
in business?

George
http://www.Licensed4Fun.com


Mar 12, 2003, 03:52 PM
Paul McIntosh
Paul McIntosh
Guest

Re: OS .61 FX Question


Yea. They are now owned by MECOA.

"GeorgeF" <av8tor@licensed4fun.com> wrote in message
news:3E6F9865.3060807@licensed4fun.com...
>
>
> Paul McIntosh wrote:
> > 12=13X6 prop and OS #8 or Fox standard long. K&B 1L if you can find

them.
> > Use 10% or less nitro and you will like it better.

>
> I have a dozen 1L's. I'm just getting back into R/C after being away
> from the hobby for awhile. I use to fly Pattern with YS 61's and the
> 1L was about the only plug to work good on those engines.
>
> After looking on Tower's website I can't find K&B listed, are they still
> in business?
>
> George
> http://www.Licensed4Fun.com
>
>



Mar 12, 2003, 04:02 PM
Brad Lorance
Brad Lorance
Guest

Re: OS .61 FX Question


my vote is for OS #8 plug and up to a 13x6 prop, preferably 13x5 if you can
find one......you might also try a 12x6 and 12x7 to experiment.

Brad


"GeorgeF" <av8tor@licensed4fun.com> wrote in message
news:3E6F8CC3.3010105@licensed4fun.com...
> What's a good glow plug for the OS 61 FX? I'm putting one on an Utter
> Kaos 60. Also what prop?
>
> George
> http://www.Licensed4Fun.com
>
>



Mar 12, 2003, 06:52 PM
GeorgeF
GeorgeF
Guest

Re: OS .61 FX Question




Paul McIntosh wrote:
> Yea. They are now owned by MECOA.


Found their website (www.mecoa.com) and according to them they have the
1L's instock. Do you know of any Mail Order shops who carry the K&B 1L's?

Before someone tells me to "support your local hobbyshop" all our local
hobby shops carry here are ARF Trainers, 40's, and Uncle Milton's
AntFarms.....

George
http://www.Licensed4Fun.com




Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold OS 61/91 FX, LA, & FP exhaust "E-4010" and new Bisson inverted muffler for OS 91 FX Corsair416 Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 4 Jun 06, 2016 09:55 PM
Sold Bisson Pitts Muffler for OS .61 FX, OS 91 FX NIP Mickey83 Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 2 Jan 09, 2016 10:40 PM
Sold Macs Muffler for OS 61 FP, .61 FX, .61 SF NIP Mickey83 Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 0 Jan 09, 2016 09:23 PM
Sold Os 61 fx-fx-fx-fx-fx~ flyinjrc74 Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 1 Mar 26, 2011 12:05 AM
For Sale Os 61 Fx, New, Spare Parts 61 Fx, 46 Fx Near New flystoolow Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Sep 18, 2005 07:26 AM