Dec 01, 2010, 07:18 PM
crashs come easy patience dont
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide
yes, just looked at the ad again and it sez "rigid aluminum frame, or atleast it better be!
i`ll look into it closer, thanks for the info.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2010, 12:03 PM
Need 2nd Job for my hobby
I got the plastic ver. and yes its alum frame.
Dec 02, 2010, 03:13 PM
BLACKBALL. SCAMAZON

It just came

just got the 500,see anything missing?? no boom,flybar and the canopy is cracked, as always am sure theyll straighten it out>>>>>>>WRONG
Last edited by lectroglide; Dec 10, 2010 at 08:41 PM.
Dec 02, 2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
just got the 500,see anything missing?? you guessed it , no boom,flybar and the canopy is cracked, as always am sure theyll straighten it out
I thought mine was missing too. It was all in one bag stuffed down the side of the two cardboard separators and I couldn't see it. Take another look. Hopefully it's there.....

My canopy has a small crack too. It'll probably have much bigger cracks after I screw up a few flights.

Joe
Dec 02, 2010, 03:32 PM
BLACKBALL. SCAMAZON
nope nothin thier and dont care too much about the canopy but do need the other stuff....ok just got off the phone and said theyll send it out today " luckily thier just in california" it appears thiers some kits getting past the packer incomplete.... must be hard finding good help these days LOL
Last edited by lectroglide; Dec 02, 2010 at 03:59 PM.
Dec 02, 2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
nope nothin thier and dont care too much about the canopy but do need the other stuff.ok just got off the phone and said theyll send it out today, so will see
Bummer! Well at least you can get everything lubed or LocTited while you're waiting.

I haven't had a chance to touch mine in two days. Maybe I can at least LocTite the head tonight. I did find the "servo arm" package and some misc parts yesterday at another LHS. Waiting for the motor and battery to get here.

Joe
Dec 02, 2010, 03:55 PM
Almost forgot....The tail support rods and tail control rod are in that bag as well. I hope they send you the entire bag. My kit is at the shop right now so I can't get an accurate content for a few hours. I'll check after I get to work and let you know. Hopefully someone else can let you know sooner though in case you need to call them back.

Joe
Dec 02, 2010, 04:06 PM
looks like the spartan/outrage combo is sold, so i may be ordering the 500 tonight.

then again, now after reading about all the parts being left out, i may just have to pass.
Dec 02, 2010, 04:19 PM
BLACKBALL. SCAMAZON
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe
Almost forgot....The tail support rods and tail control rod are in that bag as well. I hope they send you the entire bag. My kit is at the shop right now so I can't get an accurate content for a few hours. I'll check after I get to work and let you know. Hopefully someone else can let you know sooner though in case you need to call them back.

Joe
geeez thanx for reminding me the whole boom pkg is missing, better make another call
Last edited by lectroglide; Dec 02, 2010 at 04:25 PM.
Dec 02, 2010, 04:30 PM
BLACKBALL. SCAMAZON
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad400
looks like the spartan/outrage combo is sold, so i may be ordering the 500 tonight.

then again, now after reading about all the parts being left out, i may just have to pass.
it isnt often they screw up and yes if you order one MAKE ABSOLUTLEY SURE to mention youve heard ppl are getting shorted on parts and to check the kit contents!
Last edited by lectroglide; Dec 10, 2010 at 08:44 PM.
Dec 02, 2010, 06:11 PM
BLACKBALL. SCAMAZON
Joe..was lookin around in the bag and found some kool little metal servo spacers but dont have the servos yet,so from what I can see they go inside the frame? also hoping those Hitech servos we ordered will fit right in, checked yours out yet?
Dec 02, 2010, 06:22 PM
Not a six pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad400

But they WILL make it right. And you don't have to ship anything back. I've never had an issue with them righting a wrong - the 2 times or so I needed it that is.

Wait what gyro are you going to put on the 500? The spartan/outrage would have been perfect.
Dec 02, 2010, 06:43 PM
Not a six pack

Got ESC for 8S

In anticipation of getting the motor in a week or 2 (HC) I started on the other changes, the biggest being how I would mount the 2 4S 2200mah batteries. I came up with a solution that allows me to mount the canopy normally.

I used 2 aircraft horn retainers to raise the battery tray a little in the front.

Then I mounted the battery 1 under, 1 over.

It fits inside the canopy:

I can adjust CG by sliding the top battery forward/aft up to about an inch but it's pretty good so far:

I may come up with something other than plastic to raise the battery tray but the horn is pretty thick. I think it will do OK.
Dec 02, 2010, 06:44 PM
Barnwell, SC
Quote:
Joe..was lookin around in the bag and found some kool little metal servo spacers but dont have the servos yet,so from what I can see they go inside the frame? also hoping those Hitech servos we ordered will fit right in, checked yours out yet?
Look closer and you'll see the holes are threaded. Those are mounting nuts for the servos. On 930MG size servos, the aileron and pitch servos mount outside the frame and the elevator servo inside. I hope the pictures help. I'm getting this EXI500 (plastic version) together. I have an HK500 already flying and I can say the EXI kit has better fit of parts so far that the HK. The only thing I've found sub-par so far is the boom braces, but I think they'll be adequate.
Dec 02, 2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience
But they WILL make it right. And you don't have to ship anything back. I've never had an issue with them righting a wrong - the 2 times or so I needed it that is.

Wait what gyro are you going to put on the 500? The spartan/outrage would have been perfect.

i still have the Jr g370/ds3500 combo.

looking at your last set of pics, i noticed the tail rod has a bad bend in it. did you notice that?
Last edited by bad400; Dec 02, 2010 at 07:04 PM.

Quick Reply