Nov 03, 2016, 09:35 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Seems that it is well described in the document that you refer to, Gary.
Oops, Tom already did it faster than me

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/2..._BOOKFEB14.pdf

Quote:
B. Continued Funding/Support of Teams
In order for teams to continue to be supported and/or funded by AMA, certain
expectations must be met. These expectations are participation in the program/team
selection event and/or performance at the World Championship.
A team that may not have done well at a World Championship can still obtain support and
funding by enjoying a high level of participation in the team selection process. By the
same token, a team that may have a lower level of participation, but does well at the
World Championship, will also be considered for support and funding.
Support and funding are based on a point system. Points are obtained by participation in
the program and team selection event and by performance at the World Championship.

1. Performance-based criteria
  • 50 points – Obtain a podium finish at one of the last two World
    Championships (either team or individual) in which at least eight
    countries compete for team honors or 30 individuals compete for
    individual awards.
    -or-
  • 25 points – Top 5 individual finish at one of the last two World
    Championships which involved 30 or more competitors.
    -or-
  • 25 points – Two team members in the top 10 at either of the last two
    World Championships which involved 30 or more competitors.
2. Participation-based criteria
  • 2 points – Per individual participants or team in team selection finals
    contest during one of the two most recent team selection programs.
    (F2C Team Race: team counts as two participants.)
  • 3 points – Per individual junior participants or team in team selection
    finals contest during one of the two most recent team selection
    programs. (F2C Team Race: team counts as two participants.)
Teams/programs obtaining 75 points or more will be considered supported and
funded to the limits set forward in this document. Teams/programs obtaining less
than 75 points, but more than 36 points, will be considered fully supported, but
only funded for 50% of the limits set forth in this document. Teams/programs
obtaining less than 37 points will be supported administratively for two cycles but
unfunded.
Should the program be unable to obtain 25 points or more during at least one of
the two most recent programs, all support and funding will be dropped and that
particular team will no longer participate in World Championship competition until
it can be shown that the participation has increased to the level of at least 25
points. Should the participation increase to that level a petition to reestablish the
team, following the procedures for establishment of a new team/program, should
be developed and sent to the AMA Technical Director.
Junior World Championship Teams
If there are 10 or more competitors entered into the team selection program, Junior World
Championship Teams will be fielded and funded at the discretion of the FAI Executive Committee.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2016, 01:53 PM
Thanks, those were the items that I was referring to, but I wasn't very clear on my question.

Criteria: "2. Participation-based criteria  2 points – Per individual participants or team in team selection finals contest during one of the two most recent team selection programs. (F2C Team Race: team counts as two participants.) 3 points – Per individual junior participants or team in team selection finals contest during one of the two most recent team selection programs. (F2C Team Race: team counts as two participants.)

Question: Junior participants accrue 3 points per individual. Do those points go into the general F3K point total?
Nov 03, 2016, 02:07 PM
RC Sailplane Pilot
Gary,

I don't think any of us know for sure and for that matter we don't for sure know exactly how stickler the AMA would be on this policy. The AMA published this type of policy about a decade ago.

If I had to guess I would guess the AMA would combine the junior and senior "points" on a per FAI event basis and use that to decide the status of the senior and junior combined team. And then at their discretion decide if they want to fund seniors or both seniors and juniors.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Nov 03, 2016, 07:38 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Seems pretty clear to me. There is only one pool of points for F3K program. Where do you see the document mention a separate count for juniors?
Nov 03, 2016, 09:22 PM
Team Crunch Brothers
This means prior to last cycle we would be good for '15 and '17 due to the team Bronze in '13. With Dillon's win we extend that through '19. If we don't get a podium finish over the next two cycles we'll need to have 38 at that following TS to ensure funding (or a bit less if we have some juniors).
Nov 03, 2016, 11:31 PM
It seems as though it would be useful to make a real push to get more junior involved. 10 juniors would be 30 points, depending on how this is interpreted. I read it the same way Oleg does.
Nov 05, 2016, 02:15 PM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO
It seems as though it would be useful to make a real push to get more junior involved. 10 juniors would be 30 points, depending on how this is interpreted. I read it the same way Oleg does.
Yep. That's the way I see it, and a primary reason my two kids will be in the program for next cycle.

I also tend to give all of my support (old planes, timing help, etc) to the juniors because they're the future of the sport.
Nov 05, 2016, 04:52 PM
Couldn't agree more Tom.

Oleg, will the junior team be announced in November, after the Punkin Chuck (whatever)?
Nov 06, 2016, 02:02 PM
Oleg Golovidov
I already announced it a while ago.
Nov 06, 2016, 03:29 PM
Well, I knew who one was, just missed the announcement on the others. Is there going to be a junior team captain?
Nov 06, 2016, 07:43 PM
Oleg Golovidov
There is no official position of a junior team manager per say, but unofficially it will be Scott Myers who has been to World championships a few times already and is a cool level headed dad of a junior pilot. Mickey Nowell the team manager is still the main point of contact and the responsible party
Nov 07, 2016, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
I already announced it a while ago.
I have never seen an official announcement of the junior team posted here on rcgroups. Seems as I'm not the only one as I was asked several times by individuals at the Punkin Chunk this weekend if I knew who was on the team. Those involved received notification by email. I'm sure these boys would like some recognition for their efforts and to get their names out there.
Nov 07, 2016, 10:54 AM
Oleg Golovidov
I am pleased to inform you that the final list of Junior team members for the USA F3K 2017 team is as follows:
  • Noah Myers,
  • Brayden Chamberlain,
  • Owen Haugh.

We had 4 candidates initially. Katie Woebkenberg was not able to attend another AMA sanctioned contest (20+ pilots, 10+ rounds) this year, which was the requirement for selecting the Junior team members. This means that the rest of the junior F3K candidates became members of the USA team.

All 3 of the junior team members flew in a 20+ pilots 10+ rounds contests recently and showed great results. I personally saw Noah and Brayden show great skills at the Punkin Chunk event the last weekend! So we can be certain that we have a strong junior team!
Dec 11, 2016, 10:11 AM
Oleg Golovidov
I am creating a poll to collect all your opinions about the potential changes to USA F3K program. Sorry for dragging my feet for so long...
Dec 11, 2016, 10:27 AM
RC Sailplane Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
I am creating a poll to collect all your opinions about the potential changes to USA F3K program. Sorry for dragging my feet for so long...
Let me kniw if you would like some help. I have done some survey monkey work.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons

Quick Reply